Author Topic: Weed/Marijuana/Cannabis  (Read 14521 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Weed/Marijuana/Cannabis
« on: May 09, 2011, 05:06:40 PM »
(ADMINS MAY MOVE THIS TOPIC IF IT DOESN'T BELONG HERE, OR MAY REMOVE IF AGAINST FORUM POLICIES.)

Let me get this out of the way before i start... Do not talk about others or you doing it if you don't want to... do not insult other people for doing it.
______________________________________________________________________________________

The name "Marijuana" came off of "Cannabis", which is now-a-days called "Weed". This was used as medicine around 4000-3000 B.C. in the Asian parts of the world, Buddhist's used it around Before Christ. It was first outlawed in the southern region of Africa in 1911... basically Cannabis was being outlawed in the early 20th century. It was finally outlawed in America in 1937... Before that, 1920 was a time where people would smoke it publicly... Even before that in the 17th century, slaves would grow it, then the master would smoke it. Mostly it was Tobacco, not Cannabis, but it was still a most used crop at that time. Most people smoked it from there on, but today people still use it for medical reasons. It's most known for being a drug you inhale and get "High" on... Here is a picture of what modern day Marijuana looks like, i call these nuggets... They are about 1 gram...

Now people say you can't die from Marijuana, thats untrue... Lung cancer is the most effective disease from Smoking Cannabis. Other body effects are normally just affecting what the chemicals do to your brain... You become, well, temporarily retarded, thats how i put it... But it's not your brain thats partially disabled, the chemical makes the cells die out, thats what makes you high. The body effects are shown on this diagram, and this is also how you know people have been smoking it recently...
From my experience, it might me very scary at first... I was breathing like a dog, i didn't know where i was, what i was doing, or what i was going to do. I could barely walk in a straight line, and i couldn't do almost anything right. My eyes were read, and i didn't wanna move. I also did think a little different about what was going on. I thought i was dead... and i also thought i was sleeping and having a dream.

In conclusion, it's a drug that is natural, it's now used mostly for smoking, but is also used for medical reasons. In my opinion, don't make people try it, and don't encourage them if they don't, don't abuse it. Over all... have fun with it...

Offline Belowthebelt

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Weed/Marijuana/Cannabis
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 05:13:07 PM »
I am not agaist it nor do I support it but, the only reason why it was made illegal, from my understanding, is that the fern can be turned into paper and is cheaper and more effective, and so, the lumbering companies got pissed of as they would go bank rupt and it was made illegal and has been since then.

Cannabis causes many health risks but, not as bad as alcohol and tobbaco.

THC420

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 05:46:04 PM »
Now people say you can't die from Marijuana, that's true.  There has not been 1 death ever recorded that showed death from marijuana use alone.  You would have to smoke 100x your body weight in marijuana to overdose and die.  It doesn't make you become temporarily retarded, that's stupid to say.  Although it is proven that it does affect short term memory it is not going to make you throw your arm and drool on yourself.  In fact, many people drive safely everyday on cannabis. 

"the chemical makes the cells die out, that's what makes you high", this is complete and total bullshit.  The chemical is naturally  found in our brain and it is just silly to think that the killing of cells is what makes you high.  To understand the effects of THC we need to take a look at how our brains function. The brain is operated by around 100 billion neurons (nerve cells) which all process information about specific functions. The neurons communicate with each other through neurotransmitters, which are chemicals that control the signals sent between the neurons, and receptors which receive these signals. Foreign chemicals, like THC, can mimic or block actions of neurotransmitters and can therefore either stimulate or diminish the communication between sets of neurons. When you smoke a joint, the cannabinoids from the marijuana that you smoke make their way into your bloodstream via the lungs. Within seconds the bloodstream carries the cannabinoids all over your body and into your brain.

As soon as the cannabinoids enter the brain they immediately behave like neurotransmitters and begin to bind to very specific cannabinoid receptors that certain neurons have.

How can it be that humans have these special cannabinoid receptors? For any drug for which there are receptors in the human brain, we have to ask ourselves the logical question: why do these receptors exist? The answer is quite simple; there must be in the human brain a compound that is pharmacologically similar to THC and that is naturally produced in the brain. In order for these cannabinoid receptors to exist there must be some kind of natural THC already present in every single human brain.

In conclusion, It's a drug that is widely used for recreational purposes as well as medical reasons.  In fact, 15 states now have medical marijuana and prescribe it for a number of reasons from aids to chest pain.  Your not going to die from smoking weed nor go retarded.  Marijuana affects everyone differently so to each his own.  I do condone marijuana have been using it for over 5 years regularly, recreationally and medically.

Offline Ezio Sabella [DEX]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 06:38:14 PM »
mad brah? we should all get together and have a sesh
CCA.C18-SeC.852 radios in \"<:: Holy Shit! My Dick is on Fire!\"\r\n\r\n\r\n

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 06:46:51 PM »
Lol thc should know, DOTN YOU GET IT YOU DIMWITS THC IS IN WEED HAHA, smart people joke.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 08:05:18 PM by rickroller »

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 08:20:22 PM »
Rory, you're like 14...Why are you smoking?

Offline Ludus

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 08:31:02 PM »

Its just as legal for him as it is for the rest of the Us

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 09:00:11 PM »

Its just as legal for him as it is for the rest of the Us
I agree with this statement. In fact, you would be surprised the amount of young people that get in cannabis alone these days. I myself smoke every once in awhile but I do it once to twice a month or sometimes even less. I only do it when i'm with people or at some party or concert, I don't do it alone ever. As far as body effects go, I don't give a shit considering I do it casually. I know of plenty of people who have smoked much weed in there youth and are doctors, lawyers, and generally very successful. I also know of people who fail at life. I don't think cannabis has any sort of effect on ones future if uses right.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 09:49:43 PM »
Now people say you can't die from Marijuana, that's true.  There has not been 1 death ever recorded that showed death from marijuana use alone.  You would have to smoke 100x your body weight in marijuana to overdose and die.  It doesn't make you become temporarily retarded, that's stupid to say.  Although it is proven that it does affect short term memory it is not going to make you throw your arm and drool on yourself.  In fact, many people drive safely everyday on cannabis. 

"the chemical makes the cells die out, that's what makes you high", this is complete and total bullshit.  The chemical is naturally  found in our brain and it is just silly to think that the killing of cells is what makes you high.  To understand the effects of THC we need to take a look at how our brains function. The brain is operated by around 100 billion neurons (nerve cells) which all process information about specific functions. The neurons communicate with each other through neurotransmitters, which are chemicals that control the signals sent between the neurons, and receptors which receive these signals. Foreign chemicals, like THC, can mimic or block actions of neurotransmitters and can therefore either stimulate or diminish the communication between sets of neurons. When you smoke a joint, the cannabinoids from the marijuana that you smoke make their way into your bloodstream via the lungs. Within seconds the bloodstream carries the cannabinoids all over your body and into your brain.

As soon as the cannabinoids enter the brain they immediately behave like neurotransmitters and begin to bind to very specific cannabinoid receptors that certain neurons have.

How can it be that humans have these special cannabinoid receptors? For any drug for which there are receptors in the human brain, we have to ask ourselves the logical question: why do these receptors exist? The answer is quite simple; there must be in the human brain a compound that is pharmacologically similar to THC and that is naturally produced in the brain. In order for these cannabinoid receptors to exist there must be some kind of natural THC already present in every single human brain.

In conclusion, It's a drug that is widely used for recreational purposes as well as medical reasons.  In fact, 15 states now have medical marijuana and prescribe it for a number of reasons from aids to chest pain.  Your not going to die from smoking weed nor go retarded.  Marijuana affects everyone differently so to each his own.  I do condone marijuana have been using it for over 5 years regularly, recreationally and medically.
Blame the D.A.R.E program for telling me this shit...

THC420

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 12:58:41 AM »

Blame the D.A.R.E program for telling me this shit...
Well you can't blame it on yourself for believing it blame the government for creating a huge lie.  The gov. is paying over $600 a second to the DEA every day.  That's spending billions in taxpayer money on the marijuana drug war alone. They will never win this "war" on marijuana. 

In 1937 the drug was outlawed in the states and mainly because of the logging companies, let me explain.  Cannabis hemp is another form of the plant.  This plant cannot get you high but 1 acre of hemp can put out more paper than 4 acres of trees.  1 acre of hemp takes about 3-4 months to grow, but the trees take many years.  The logging companies didn't want hemp legal because they were going out of business, they supported the outlaw all the way. 

Look around you, everything your looking at or almost everything your looking at can be made from hemp.  Hemp has been grown for at least the last 12,000 years for fiber (textiles and paper) and food. The products that can be made from hemp number over 25000.

Something that can give us so much, why is it illegal?  It's illegal because of the big pharmaceutical companies, they would lose loads of business if this medicine were legal.  Marijuana can help with a number of things, heres a list of things medical marijuana can help with http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/703395-do-you-qualify-mmj-recommendation-check-here-updated.html

So why all the hate on a plant that has been around for so long that has so many nutritional and medical qualities?  In the end, all the propaganda needs to stop about marijuana. People need to be informed of the truth, that the government has been lieing in our faces.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 01:20:20 AM »
I've seshed with friends on multiple occasions however growing older and seeing my future, I cut off of it. The fun you have with pot is fine but in the long run, itl screw you over if you want to get into a decent job. Especially a government job.

I have the same amount of fun with a 12 of keiths and a micky of vodka.

THC420

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 01:22:13 AM »
I've seshed with friends on multiple occasions however growing older and seeing my future, I cut off of it. The fun you have with pot is fine but in the long run, itl screw you over if you want to get into a decent job. Especially a government job.

I have the same amount of fun with a 12 of keiths and a micky of vodka.
You can have your fun with alcohol and ill continue to smoke a few joints.  I don't drink nor smoke cigarettes, they are so much worse for you than cannabis.

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 02:24:10 AM »
Ya know I have always been thinking that.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 03:05:51 PM »
Ya know I have always been thinking that.
You are 14 too, sico
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Jizzypantz?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 03:34:05 PM »
Well i'd like to sit and "Smoke Weed Everyday" but i have homework to do..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal