Author Topic: Letters to the City Administrator.  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Letters to the City Administrator.
« on: September 08, 2011, 01:43:48 PM »
OOC

Well, honestly, I don't know if this will turn out good or bad; it's a hit or miss really. Rather than go through some tedious process of transporting entity paper throughout the City, I figured a little topic where people can post IC letters to the CA(s) Honestly have no idea if the other guy has activated his yet, or I'm the only one) would be better. I plan on 'replying' to the letters ICly every Friday and Saturday, at around 22:00-00:00 hours GMT/UTC + 00. Criticism is welcomed.

Format + Example letter below.

Code: [Select]
[font=georgia][size=10pt](NAME)
CID #
CITY 18
DISTRICT (Number here)[/size]

(Write your message/question here.)[/font]

Example:

John Bourne
CID 75829
CITY 18
DISTRICT ONE

Dear City Administrator,

I feel that your work on the city is perfect, your speeches are given with the utmost elegance, whilst continuing to be informative.
However, some citizens are not learning their place. Is it possible to introduce stricter searches and barriers around the city? To stop any with contraband. I have noticed a slight increase in contraband handling lately and would like to see it lower.

Yours respectively,
John Bourne, Civil Worker.

That is a an example of a good letter. Credit goes to Rictalspace for actually posting that. (I hope you don't mind me using it. :3)

DISCLAIMER: If your name + CID gets metagamingly used during rations, a search, some sort of point addition shit; I take no responsibility.
                     If your 'letter' doesn't get read out on the /broadcast, it was either retarded or I was answering too much.

Also, don't write out dumb things like : "rashuns!?" or "herpderp" as this is IC.

Edit: If the person(s) who posted the letter(s) isn't on during the broadcast, I will post an IC letter back on this topic/thread/forum interwebs.(W/e the jive it's called.)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 04:35:06 PM by Lewis »

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Letters to the City Administrator.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 03:12:57 PM »
// I really like this idea. Good job Lewis :D

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 03:23:28 PM »
John Bourne
CID 75829
CITY 18
DISTRICT ONE

Dear City Administrator,

I feel that your work on the city is perfect, your speeches are given with the utmost elegance, whilst continuing to be informative.
However, some citizens are not learning their place. Is it possible to introduce stricter searches and barriers around the city? To stop any with contraband. I have noticed a slight increase in contraband handling lately and would like to see it lower.

Yours respectively,
John Bourne, Civil Worker.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »
John Omen
CID #48625
CITY 18
DISTRICT 1

Dear City Administrator,

While your speeches are packed with information, when I walk around the District, I see many citizens still violating left, right and centre. At one point, it even went as far as tear gassing the plaza. Contraband has been discovered in so many places recently and now there has been a group of citizens worshipping and trying to get them to convert to some new religion of "Ralph the Can". Will we see any changes within the City to reduce the amount of violations, contraband and false worshippers?

Yours faithfully,
John Omen, Tier 1 Civil Worker
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:23:08 PM by Abbott »

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 05:12:40 PM »
Mike Daring
CID # 24311
CITY 18
DISTRICT ONE

Dear City administator,
I just wanted to write a short letter to you. So whats it like being a city administator? Also, how do you think the city is doing at the moment? I won't bombard you with questions as I sure your very busy. I hope that, maybe someday, I'll get to meet you, wether I'm a loyal citizen or an officer in the CCA.
Yours truely,
Mike Daring
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline SaoulZod

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 05:25:54 PM »
<Unintelligible scrawl>
CID # IIV
CITY 18
DISTRICT ONE

City Administrator,

I would ask you a nice heartfelt question about the beginnings of you being the C-A, or your upbringing... but I frankly don't give a damn about that.

What I want to know is what can you do for us? Neutrality is difficult to maintain of all there is in the city is hate, bloodshed and tormenting. From BOTH sides. Make no mistake, there is a Resistance in this City. Where? I do not know. But I have my doubts that you have our best interests in mind. I've met the parties. Your kevlar-clad soldiers, wielding the powers of the Gods in their metallic batons. Even your automatons, driven in the idle rush to create "Sociostability".  I've also met the scared, the dirty and the angry denizens of your "great city". There is no end to their torment. No end to their suffering.  The Citizens either starve or dwindle into the mental coma that is your Union Civil Authority.

I am writing this in an attempt to confide in someone, to stave off the last panes of insanity.  I have started growing fruits, vegetables, even wheat... to an extent, in the basements of many of the buildings here. It's not all that hard, boil down water to cleanse it, modify lights, break down to the corrupted soil beneath our city. The corrosive poison from your lips don't pierce as deep as you believe.  The infection has started, and it grows baleful.  It hungers for more, for a sense of peace. A sense of Humanity.

I know your "Units" are exhausted, I know they are unable to control their minds... but even the greatest balancing act can be toppled. The power held over them by the Benefactors won't last forever.  Like the waxing and waning of the moon, the night of the Combine will end.

~THE NEW DAY IS COMING~

you ban me for such bad reason u just cant understand the level of depth i roleplay on i am just far better roleplayer than u lol play half life 2 and then come back 2 this server plz
*sigh*
chunkeymonkey79: please get the entire CG community and uproot Saoul and RTLK
Thanks, Chunkey.

Offline SCG-CUREDMYCANCER | Russia

• Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 06:31:39 PM »
Jackson Mansfield
CID # 60399
CITY 18
DISTRICT ONE

I understand the Civil Protection keep us safe, but what is the point for what is possibly in the food? I seem to see citizens looking a bit weak after eating it.. Malnourished, you could say.

Sincerely, Jackson Mansfield.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal