Author Topic: Harris \  (Read 2613 times)

Offline cfitz22

• autism simulator 2013
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Harris \
« on: June 09, 2012, 10:54:25 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: cfitz22
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About 6 month
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About 4 months

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-An outlands character in City 45
-Unregiestered citizen
-Zipties
-v Flags

Name: Harris "Haggle" Bermington
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
BEFORE THE INVASION: 1988-2011
Harris was just a simple teenager that worked a gas station. They had lots of items, the place even had a pharmacy. He was born in Oklahoma in 1988 and at this time, was about 19. He worked long hours as a cashier there, selling general junk and food. One day, he was selling to a man and he made a mistake in the counting, the man was honest enough to tell him. The man's name was Eulogy Jones. Eulogy was a great trader and survivor. He didn't live by the book at all. Eulogy taught Harris his haggling tricks in spare time, and actually became a good friend, coming in often to see him. One day, when the large blue storm clouds appeared and a portal formed, Eulogy knew what had to be done. He went to Harris at the gas station and they gathered many items and stuffed them into bags, items they would need to survive, foods, water, sheets of camoflauged material. They grabbed a bunch of items from the pharmacy too, just in case. Before they left, Eulogy grabbed a container of zipties (6 ties). They got into Eulogy's car and drove off away from the portal.

INVASION SURVIVAL: MARCH 2012-AUGUST 2012
Knowing that it was too late for Harris' family, Eulogy comforted him with an old Gameboy he got for a friends child. They drove to an airport where people were unaware of what had happened. Eulogy explained to Harris that they needed to get to Russia, he knew a friend named Nikolai that could help out. They bought two tickets for buisness class and flew off. When they arrived in Russia, it was night, people were asleep, but Harris and Eulogy were wide awake. They got off and went to Nikolai's apartment, where they met his step-brother, Carson FitzGibbon. They spoke about what had gone on in the U.S. and decided to stay quiet and low profile about it. A day later, the invasion had begun in Russia, people getting cut down like animals, explosions, blood... So much blood. Harris and Eulogy gathered their stolen goods and ran off into a panic room Nikolai had installed. Carson and Nikolai had left so they wouldn't mind. They stayed there for a very long time, waiting out the explosions. Finally, when they stopped, they emerged, pale from the lack of Sun, their eyes burning from the bright light they had forgotten. The city was in ruins, large beasts roamed, searching for people. Flying things flew about, loudly disrupting the bit of silence they had. They ran out to Nikolai's car which was somehow not destoyed. Eulogy hotwired it and drove off, avoiding the aliens and heading towards the forrest. When they arrived, they unpacked and ditched the gasless car, heading into the forest and setting camp at a small cave.

TRANSFER TO CITY 45: 2013-PRESENT DAY
Eulogy and Harris had survived there for a fear years, eating foods they took and some they had found at old camp sights. They hid from the new Combine soldiers and Eulogy taught Harris all his tequniques, how to hide, survive, haggle, even how to use a bow that he made from old wood. One day, an Overwatch patrol came by and spotted their camp. Eulogy was there, alone, while Harris gathered items for their survival. They gunned Eulogy down in his rest, Harris heard the shots and Eulogy's final screams. Luckily, he had taken most of the supplies with him, but not Eulogy's bow. He knew it was too late for Eulogy and the other camp items he had. Now, Harris only had 4 zipties. He walked to an old canal and followed it for a day or so, not stopping due to his determination to get answers to the slaughter of Eulogy. When he came to the outskirts of City 45, he knew it was the right place. He walked into the dark areas of the canals, finding his way to the exit walking into the Precinct Three canals. He saw something, a floating ball. It flashed at a note on the wall, and began to come close to Harris, he didn't know what to do! So he ran behind a dark pillar in the canal, not knowing why he chose this place over the inside of a dumpster, but then he remembered one of Eulogy's teachings. "Sound also applies to stealth." The dumpster would make noise as he shut it. The scanner flew right by, not even flashing him. Harris then ran for his life, he went into the P3 apartments and hides there now, quietly holding onto his items, learning about the city he never got to see obliterated.

EPILOGUE
Harris now hides, surviving and staying quiet. He sometimes goes back to the Outlands, but rarely ever. He sells items he had gotten from the old store he worked at. He set up a small memorial in a vacant area, quietly going to speak to the body that should be buried there.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Stealth knowledge
-Survival Knowledge
   -Basic Medical
   -Basic camo
   -Basic survival skills (Holding breath, speed, quiet, disiplined)
-Ability to go from Outlands to City (two characters w/ same name)

Defects
-Less wanting to confront people
-Suspicious from hiding all the time
-Useless without survival items
-General Fatigue from traveling from Outlands to City

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to have an exciting passive RP with this character, I expect that Harris will hide from the CCA and their scanners.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Both

Extra Notes (optional):
I really hope to get this, I spent about an hour writing all this.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:34:36 PM by cfitz22 »
Don't make fun of me just because I say i'm stressed... I'm a person too.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Harris \
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 12:45:28 PM »
I am pretty sure you cannot apply for V flags. If you want a Outlands character in C45 then make a Outlands appeal. You can just RP rope or something. No need for zipties.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 01:20:27 PM »
You cannot apply for flags or Combine gear, so no 'v' flags or zipties.

The unregistered thing.. you'd have to RP that, we can't remove your citizen ID info.

Having a character with the same name in City and Outlands.. and Roleplaying them as being the same person who can move in and out of the city... idk about this

I've seen your RP... and I'm not really comfortable with giving you any of these auths, but if any other admin can convince me otherwise, please do.

Offline cfitz22

• autism simulator 2013
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 01:33:28 PM »
Please, I'm sure that I could do this. But I think v flags should be applied for and donated for. Good RPers shouldn't have to pay for extended things like that.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 04:07:51 PM »
But Kom is saying that your RP level is not up to par. So what makes you different from good RPers who want the flags?
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 04:17:31 PM »
Just because you think that flags should be applied for, doesn't mean that you can tell others that you can apply for them, and then do so yourself in an auth app.

Go read the Auth App rules, everything listed you Cannot apply for, Period.

Offline cfitz22

• autism simulator 2013
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 05:36:01 PM »
Updated, I will only get the 4 zipties and a bit of food. Also, if I RP it, could I have a bow and arrow? Eulogy would have taught him how to make one.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 09:09:48 PM »
No zipties, at all, and I am waiting on the input of other admins before this is decided.

Offline cfitz22

• autism simulator 2013
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 10:52:19 PM »
Please, I worked hard on thinking this story up and typing it.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 11:02:10 PM »
Not to put you down or anything, but three paragraphs isn't all that much.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 09:47:36 AM »
It's not really that long, and those Zipties are randomly ass-spawned during your story. No to them.

I also find your story very hero-like which I don't like. I hate it when people write stories of their characters surviving everything EASILY, and getting everything they want for [input bullshit reason how they got it here]. etc.

Also two characters with the same name? No. Not only is this stupid because you will not ever transfer from outlands to city without a proper appeal, but also because of the fact these characters are not linker, hence both have a separate inventory. Or when one dies, you could just go on the other. :\ Besides, how in the world would you be able to transfer between servers whenever you feel like? NOTHING about this is explained in the story either.

Now about your survival knowledge: Not anywhere in the backstory is explained how your character knows everything. In my opinion, you are just like anyone else regarding 'survival skills' in the outlands.

Sorry mate, but this application isn't going far.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 03:19:53 PM »
Alright its been a few days, and since no other admins have given any positive reports, I will consider this denied.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal