Author Topic: Alex Kaiser's Authorization Application  (Read 1643 times)

Offline |T??G| ????ante?«

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Alex Kaiser's Authorization Application
« on: April 04, 2012, 11:04:46 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: »Ðante«
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 8 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 6 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-Mastering the use of a whip like for example a flexible lengthy weapon.
-Knowledge and trained in Mauy Thai [Ultimate Fighting Style Technique].

Name: Alex Kaiser
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Before the take over by the combines, Alex loved to travel around learning new skills. Due to the fact he was not very wealthy, he could not afford traveling to other countries. Having to save money by working part time jobs at general stores and such. His parents loved him very much and supported his ideals. His parents also having spent their income on a martial arts tutor. Not know what type he was learning, he did not complain abit. He trained for 11 years with his master. Finally, the master being able to call Alex a martial artist of Mauy Thai. After the combine hit earth within the 7 hours, his parents falling into the combines grasp. They betrayed him and having him be on alert at all times. The combines searched City 8 for him and having no chance against them alone, he decided to move to City 45. While moving to city 45, he met with many survivors. They were outlanders who survived by creating simple tools with what they were naturally provided and nothing more. Having been only able to defend himself with his close combat skills, Alex was looking for something more of a long range sort of thing. He couldn't  imagine having a firearm, so he asked the outlanders if it was possible to make a flexible weapon. They showed him by using  strands of hair that was tied in a knot and tied with other shard peices of glass. Alex felt as though he was meant to have discovered these outlanders techniques and became intrigued thus having been mastering the technique to use with a Whip. He surprisingly only trained for few months or so to been able to use it properly. Continuing on his journey to City 45 with other outlanders who wish to return to civilization and help support the resistance...[To Be Continued.]

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Combat in Mauy Thai
-Able to use Whip Weapons very well, with out hurting ones self. Gives longer reaching capabilities.

Defects
-Physical Close Combat, not allowing to do gymnastic back flips and such. Unable to dodge bullets.
-Finding a weapon which is made to be used as a whip. Whips are not very affective in killing unless modified by another player with authorizations to.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Used for my resistance character, I will be able to resist the combines only if it was a fair fight close range. Don't worry I will fear roleplay even with these authorizations due to the fact the combines are many and have better technology. Unless the situation is outnumbering the combines.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
None

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Alex Kaiser's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 01:39:32 AM »
For being a master in the said fighting discipline, this is quite limited in terms of backstory. It'll need some expansion before I can offer my support.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 02:22:20 PM »
If I might interject; if you are accepted, you will also need to be placed on the BoL list.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 05:54:52 PM »
As OzJackal metioned, you'll need to beef up your backstory significantly. Include more details of the training your character went through as a child, how he survived the portal storms that ravaged the earth (leaving behind Xen life), the combine invasion and how he managed to alude civil protection for so long, you get what i'm saying.

Personally i haven't really seen you in the server so i cannot be sure of how well your roleplaying skills are devoloped, however i'll try to keep an eye out for you next time i see you on the server.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 12:43:26 AM »
2:20 PM - OzJackal: also, are you editing this any time soon: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=13495.0
2:20 PM - »Ðante«: Uhhhh....
2:20 PM - »Ðante«: <.<
2:21 PM - »Ðante« whistles. "I'm not good with background stories, so you can delete it."

Locked and denied at the author's request.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal