Author Topic: Damon LaRosa's Authorization Application  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Derpy Vinyl

• View Profile
    • Awards
Damon LaRosa's Authorization Application
« on: March 22, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: bG |:. Derpy Hooves
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): A year or two so
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Three months or so

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Karate.
Minor-medical Knowledge.

Name: Damon LaRosa
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Karate - When Damon was around the age of four-teen Damon was in a karate class, and he was in it for about three years or so, his mother got him in the class at the age of 11. He went to the karate class everyday, and he had a black belt for a year, late -- about a year later -- he quit the class,since all his friends that had black belts then get the hell out of the class was making fun of him, saying he still needed practice. Then they kept making fun of him, kept on doing it until Damon lost his grip on his mind and challenged the "Dicks" to a fight outside Damon's school. When he did, a crowd began to grow around them. He used all he knew, and he took on the three of them, one at a time though. Soon Damon found the bullies backed away, and one was holding his side, another have a bloody nose, and the other had a black eye and was holding his arm. The bullies began to ran away from him and the crowd. Damon smirked as he saw the bullies flee, and soon when he got home he told his brother Dustin, and he told his mother and he got in trouble and had to apologize to them, But he didn't mean it. But he remembered the karate and practiced everyday, even after the Seven Hour War.
Minor-medical knowledge - When Damon was in D6 he was talking to Daeny -- One of his best friends in D6 -- and he asked Daeny if she can teach him some medical knowledge, she said yes and being to do so. Like how Bio-gel heals wounds and how to apply it, and how to take out a bullet wound. She told all she knew, what is in Health Vials, Steroids and how to use bandages the correct way.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
*Being able to fight better
*Being able to help out his friends in need

Defects
*After a fight he may be tired or worn out, since he is VERY malnourished

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to use these to defend Damon and his friends and to heal himself and his friends and others in need

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
Damon MIGHT use his karate on a jackass when he is really pissed off
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 02:35:11 AM by [AFK][xG] Derpy Hooves »
|\'Luna\'|ALIVE| Walking around Ineu, with Mossberg 590 in hand and a machete in the other, staring down strangers, attempting to find her problems, and eliminate them.\r\n|Unit 680|ACTIVE|Walking around the Nexus, attempting to find ways to stand out of the crowd.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Damon LaRosa's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 10:01:47 PM »
I may not be involved. But for things like karate, you need a bigger auth backstory. I know it takes time, but try to get creative, learn more about karate. Give your character a great story.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 10:58:31 PM »
Your backstory needs major expansion before I offer my support.

Offline Derpy Vinyl

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 12:40:47 AM »
Apple..I love your picture..

5% warning added for shitposting -KMP
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:42:23 AM by KillmePlz »
|\'Luna\'|ALIVE| Walking around Ineu, with Mossberg 590 in hand and a machete in the other, staring down strangers, attempting to find her problems, and eliminate them.\r\n|Unit 680|ACTIVE|Walking around the Nexus, attempting to find ways to stand out of the crowd.

Offline Derpy Vinyl

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 01:36:43 AM »
Your backstory needs major expansion before I offer my support.
I have made my backstory more detailed

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 06:12:54 AM »
The way you stated that first, Damon still needed a lot more practice, then he got bullied by 3 black-belt karate kids, and when Damon fights them 3 v 1, he suddenly owns them all?
That sounds like a lot of powergaming, and I fear this will be done if you would have these perks in-game as well.
Besides, you haven't added anything about the time of this backstory (since his age is 13, it should be at LEAST 10 years ago or more depending on how old he is now.) and how he managed to remember everything and not forget his skills due to the food which contains stuff that makes you forget your past.
Hence, due to this I do not support this app.

However, the medical part: I don't know if Daeny had authorized knowledge of medical RP, then I guess it would be fine if she thought you how to do things. As long as this is properly RPed. So for that part, I'll be neutral.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:18:04 AM by Nicknero1405 »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 05:40:57 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and deny this application because no backstory expansion has been made since the 23rd.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal