Author Topic: Ineu Valley Suggestions  (Read 16697 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ineu Valley Suggestions
« on: January 07, 2013, 04:12:59 PM »
Please post anything you want to suggest for Ineu Valley. Keep in mind this map is going to be released for all public servers to use so anything strictly CG related might be rued out. Also keep in mind that just because you make a suggestion, doesn't mean it will be implemented. I will post whether it will be implemented or not and will add it somewhere on my to-do list.

PLEASE for the love of GMod use the format I have provided below fully unless stated otherwise.

An example has been given below the format code.

PLEASE CHECK THE MAP AND FEATURES LIST BEFORE SUGGESTING SOMETHING!!!
Spoiler for Map and features list:
Click to see the original size.

North Town/Town A/Town A1
 >Homes
 >PD
 >Store
 >Ruined Church (Sexy Frog)
 >Inn

South Town/Town B/Town A2
 >Homes
 >Gas Station
 >Warehouse (Skrillex)
 >Store

Lake
 >Waterfall
 >Cabin
 >Dock

Castle Mountain
 >Castle Mountain Road
 >Castle

Bunker
 >Bunker Mountain
 >Bunker Path
 >Bunker Trenches

West Mountain
 >Mine
 >North/South Mine Enterances
 >Shed/Mine Enterance

North Mountain
 >Waterfall

East Mountain

General Land
 >Junkyard
 >Dugouts
 >Observation Towers
 >Cellar
 >Barn?

Easter Eggs

3D Skybox

Code: (Format) [Select]
[b]What are you suggesting?[/b]: [REQUIRED]
[b]What style will it be in?[/b]: [REQUIRED] (Combine, Rebel, Ruins, Old, Modern, Etc.)
[b]Will it have any special features such as moving doors or traps? If so, list them below.[/b]: [REQUIRED]

[b]Reference Pictures[/b]: [REQUIRED] (picture of something you're resembling]
[thumb](IMAGE URL HERE)[/thumb]

[b]Extra Notes[/b]: [OPTIONAL]

EXAMPLE

What are you suggesting?: Bunker
What style will it be in? : Ruins
Will it have any special features such as moving doors or traps? If so, list them below.: Old lifts, sliding doors, science equipment

Reference Pictures:

Extra Notes: Similar to Portal 2's Aperature Sciences

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:25:30 PM by Statua »

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ineu Valley Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 04:19:20 PM »
What are you suggesting?: Trenches
What style will it be in?: Old, somewhat ruined.
Will it have any special features such as moving doors or traps? If so, list them below.: N/A

Reference Pictures:

Extra Notes: Maybe throw in some old barbed wire or hedgehogs if you consider it, or maybe even a concrete WWIIish pillbox, or a foxhole at one end of the trenches or some shit.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 05:22:11 PM »
What are you suggesting?: Junkyard + old buildings
What style will it be in?: Old, rebel, abandoned
Will it have any special features such as moving doors or traps? If so, list them below.: Nothing out of the ordinary.

Reference Pictures: Click to see the original size.

Extra Notes: It's not meant to be a secret area or anything, so you can put it near a road. I think the design should be geared toward a publicly known location where characters can often be found running repair shops and selling mechanical odds and ends.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:08:41 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 05:47:01 PM »
Megusta both suggestions. I'll put the junkyard just outside the A2 town (Town B) On the northwest side. Ill put the trenches around the bunker. Not sure about the pillboxes or hedgehogs though. Keep in mind trench warfare was done in the rolling hills of west Europe whereas Ineu is in the rocky mountains of Romania. Nevertheless, ill put some overgrown trenches in.

Thanks guys.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 07:32:56 PM »
What are you suggesting?: Underground tunnels that could lead to an abandoned base or connect areas of the map to other areas of the map.
What style will it be in?: Rebel, abandoned, poorly constructed
Will it have any special features such as moving doors or traps? If so, list them below.:
-Maybe a sliding door is good enough of an entrance to the base? No traps. Maybe you'd even have to go through some antlion cave/hive to get to this base like Gordon did.
-During events, the base could be overwhelmed by antlions.

Reference Pictures:

Extra Notes:
I'd figured that the tunnel system from Episode 2 could be too big and complex, most likely be a huge fps drop if added to your ineu pass map. Maybe make something of a base or stronghold like that, but WAY smaller?

Also, could you see the thumbnail picture? I can't for some reason  :-\
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:37:58 PM by [FOOD] Waffle the Wafful »
Matther 'Shadow' McDermit
Outlands, Alive; helping refugees and giving out supplies.

Walton Pier
Publicly shot and killed after being forced to jump off the Nexus from having too much contrabands

Matt Pir
City 45, Alive; protesting the Combine.

Megan Jills
City 45, Alive; grows tired of Combine rule

Walker Moep
City 45, Loyalist; Helping the UU clean

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 09:07:41 PM »
Player density on Outlands in sparse enough as it is, why would we make alternate routes to places? I feel like it'd fuck up the gameplay on the map, most people would just try to stay underground as much as possible, instead of walking through the forest where they might get spotted by raiders or Overwatch.

A huge part of Outlands' appeal is the open environment and forced constant threat, and I think having a tunnel system would majorly detract from those things.
o7

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 11:10:27 PM »
Player density on Outlands in sparse enough as it is, why would we make alternate routes to places? I feel like it'd fuck up the gameplay on the map, most people would just try to stay underground as much as possible, instead of walking through the forest where they might get spotted by raiders or Overwatch.

A huge part of Outlands' appeal is the open environment and forced constant threat, and I think having a tunnel system would majorly detract from those things.

I doubt people would circle jerk in there 24/7, on the old/current OL map in that underground area people rarely even go in there. In the new map I can see people staying at the castle most of the time, but that's about it.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 11:29:35 PM »
What are you suggesting?: Random Sniper Nests
What style will it be in?: Rebel
Will it have any special features such as moving doors or traps? If so, list them below.: Just good coverage

Reference Pictures: http://imgur.com/Tya3r (Had to do just link cause I used MSPaint to describe my idea)

Extra Notes: Really, it would just be random spots throughout the map (obviously on higher up areas) that would have slightly denser coverage and maybe a bit of a dug in area. Players (seeing as they're limited to a crouch in GMOD) would be lowered slightly down in said dug in area and covered with some foliage. This would give them the ability to scout out areas, track combine patrols, give eyes on via radio, etc. Just an idea that kinda popped into my head.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 11:38:41 PM »
Tunnels

Already have a mine system. That's good enough. In EP2 the tunnels are old mines infested with antlion caves. The mine system will be similar to that. And yes there will be outposts in there.

Sniper Nests

Wouldn't call them that but I'll make some similar to the ones in Ineu Pass. (the one overlooking the lake)

I'll also make small dugout 2 man bunker type things covered in foliage players can use to hide in. Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 12:55:36 AM »
What are you suggesting?: Cave.
What style will it be in?: Natural.
Will it have any special features such as moving doors or traps? If so, list them below.: No.

Reference Pictures:

Extra Notes: A neat cave, not like some small one but a medium sized one perhaps with a creative entrance - like one that requires you to go into a pond and swim underwater. Just something that stands out graphically and would be a nice addition as more of a way of saying 'look what sort of scenic i can create with hammer'.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:57:14 AM by raged »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 03:39:24 AM »
Would be nice but for the most part, those types of caves only exist at sea level with seawater. Most mountain caves have little more then a stream running through them. I'm not shooting for "look what I can do" more of practical and realistic combined with beauty.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 05:02:45 AM »
If you have a lake somewhere and if you're adding the resistance tunnels then you could probably integrate them in together. I'd also say if you're gonna add the resistance tunnels then you may as well turn it into like an old mine or something.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
If you have a lake somewhere and if you're adding the resistance tunnels then you could probably integrate them in together. I'd also say if you're gonna add the resistance tunnels then you may as well turn it into like an old mine or something.

To add to this I suggest making it run from the mine and exit behind the waterfall as nothing is cooler than a waterfall cave hideout.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 11:33:46 AM »
What are you suggesting?: Camoflaged outposts
What style will it be in?: Rebel
Will it have any special features such as moving doors or traps? If so, list them below.: Not really, unless you add hidden storage

Reference Pictures:

Extra Notes: Like the picture, but make it fit the hilly, sort of outlandish feel, e.g under the trees rather than a house, although I do like the cover over the top.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 02:26:08 PM »
Last time I added premade rebel hideouts, it didnt work out so well. People would rather build their own makeshift shelters when it comes to that sort of stuff.

Ok. The lake is on the East side of the map across the river. The mines are on the far west side of the map on the other side of the river. They will not be connected.

To add to this I suggest making it run from the mine and exit behind the waterfall as nothing is cooler than a waterfall cave hideout.
I don't recall mentioning a waterfall... Though people seem to like it so I will be adding one to the lake with water falling from the north mountain.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal