Author Topic: Plaza Riots  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Reddy

• View Profile
    • Awards
Plaza Riots
« on: March 07, 2014, 03:12:41 PM »
From all my time of playing serious RP, I have never once seen a riot or protest. I think this would be a very cool thing to try and implement or provoke out of the citizens. It would be very interesting to see what citizen would do in this type of situation. It would also give the combine a new kind of challenge and they would have to be very creative in the way they deal with it and try and control the situation.

This may not be the best idea because the city is under heavy combine influence. It may also not work with role playing (I'm not sure because it has never happens) but I still think it might be fun to try.

Tell the what you think.
He looks out the window and sees combine running towards his apartment. They block the entrance and start bounding up the stairs. They Search the apartments one by one, getting closer and closer. Then there is a knock at the door, and it is all over.

Offline Delta

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Plaza Riots
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 03:19:34 PM »
This sounds interesting, but I doubt a protest would last long since CP's are quick to shut down any group of civi's gathered for any reason. This is already a viable option but most resistance would rather stay underground then be arrested in a large number. Plus this can already be achieved within the gamemode as it stands.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:33:17 PM by Delta »

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 04:14:00 PM »
It sounds good, but the odds of actually being able to organize such a thing are slim at best. If you wind up throwing yourself into the fray, there is little to inspire others to do the same, I would think. Looking at it from an objective stand point, I wouldn't join in a plaza riot unless...

A) There's already a substantial amount of people already involved
B) I was on a character I don't care for/Specifically made for the riot
C) I was asked prior to the actual riot as a starting member with the application of B^

I would imagine quite a few others would agree to some extent.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Swagile

• Swagile the Fagile
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 05:06:08 PM »
This wouldn't work seeing as being part of a riot would most likely be seen as being a 647E, which means you'd be authorized to mow them all down with a MP7. Unless the riot starts up spontaneously and manages to mug at least one armed unit on the way, they'd stand no chance the moment a unit with a brain cell and a spray weapon appeared.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 05:13:02 PM »
This wouldn't work seeing as being part of a riot would most likely be seen as being a 647E, which means you'd be authorized to mow them all down with a MP7. Unless the riot starts up spontaneously and manages to mug at least one armed unit on the way, they'd stand no chance the moment a unit with a brain cell and a spray weapon appeared.

More along the lines of Sociocide level 1 and Malignant citizens, but yeah, the outcome would likely be the same. By that I mean it would be subdued. To be honest, if the CCA is working anything like how it used to when I was around, then mowing people down would probably be a last resort or used if the citizens themselves are armed. It would probably just end up being lots of riot control, pacifying, probably some avenue with riot shields or tear gas or something. More realistic that way anyway. But I mean, either way a hastily slapped together riot would stand no chance. If you wanna actually do some damage, then it would have to be premeditated and quite meticulously planned at that. Plus, you would have to have some semblance of what you're doing. You can't just go around streaking stark naked scream "RIOT! RIOT!" and expect people to jump in/not get wrecked up the bum hole.

Granted, I myself have never set up a riot period, let alone a successful one as I had always been on the CCA side of things and mitigate the situations like a good little APEX unit.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Gunsofglory

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 07:48:42 PM »
Honestly, I don't think citizens would even try to riot with the fear of Combine intervention. Like Delta said, The Resistance themselves maintain more of an underground organization so you wouldn't expect them to start one. Not to mention theres enough minges wanting to start their own rebellions and go around punching CPs.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 07:55:07 PM »
There's already been a plaza riot. It was dispersed pretty quickly and the three arrangers got shot, so.

Offline Reddy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 08:00:45 PM »
I don't expect there to be riots any time soon, but it just adds so much opportunity.
He looks out the window and sees combine running towards his apartment. They block the entrance and start bounding up the stairs. They Search the apartments one by one, getting closer and closer. Then there is a knock at the door, and it is all over.

Offline Delta

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 08:26:52 PM »
This can already be accomplished if players got together and wanted to do it, as I said again it probably wouldn't be very wise / short lived.

Offline Samdo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 02:54:12 AM »
It would be really hard to set up a riot. I have seen one attempted and three CP's quickly crushed all hopes of anything happening because of it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal