Author Topic: Zephan'lya's Authorization Application  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Zephan'lya's Authorization Application
« on: December 13, 2011, 05:35:40 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name:
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 Years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Vortigaunt (Free)(City Server)

Name: Zephan'lya
Affiliation: None (Helps Humanity, but is not 'with' the resistance)

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Zephan'lya has been living in the wilderness, beyond the Outlands of City45, with a small group of vortigaunts that, like 
Zephan'lya, have not offically allied themselves with the 'Resistance' yet still plans on helping humanity overthrow the Combine
rule. For several months Zephan'lya had been going about daily activies; learning Earth Languages (English) from the few other
Vortigaunts who were knowledgable, and from passing Refugees and Resistance groups, which occationally visited, seeking shelter and
aid, and providing eatable substinances for the group.

Eventually one evening, a wordless, primal outcry communicated through flux-shifting, in the direction of the far Outlands was heard
wrenching the attention of the small group of vortigaunts from the three humans they were currently sheltering and healing. Such a
cry was disturbing to the small group, and they came to a decision that it should be investigated with a physical presence, as no
reply had come from thier attempts to communicate with the source of the disturbance.

Zephan'lya had been the one to speak of being the one to investigate, as Zephan'lya was curious to see, not only the source of the
cry, but what strange sights would be viewed, and information gained, by travelling such a distance, for Zephan'lya had not
travelled far in specific direction, knowing that humans, and possibly Combine had populated the area. So a small leather belt with
a few pouches filled with food and a few miscellaneous items had been given to Zephan'lya for the journey, as well as the company of
the three human's, who were heading to the Outlands, claiming that the area was the most hospitable around, despite being close to a
City, and being frequented by Combine Patrols. So they began the trek to the Outlands, hopeing to find answers, and shelter.

A week and a several days passed before they came to the edge of the Outlands, and there the human group had said they would part
ways there with Zephan'lya, and look for shelter. Just as they were wishing thier vorigaunt friend goodluck in his mission, and
saying thier goodbyes, one of them, a female, dropped like a stone, dead before she hit the floor, as the two others stared,
dumbstuck, before they too were taken out by snipers. Zephan'lya had also stared, dumbfounded when the female had dropped, her
lifeforce draining from a lifeless corpse, but had been thrown into action, running deeper into the unfamilar Outlands, as the other
two men had dropped dead. As Zephan'lya ran, many things also ran across the vortigaunt's mind, such as why only the men and the
female had been targeted, instead of all of them, and what would happen now, to Zephan'lya's mission.

As Zephan'lya ran, and thought, he tripped on a mount of earth that suddenly came bulging upwards, nearly exploding, which sent him
flying into one of the many Canals that populated the area, landing into dirty water. As Zephan'lya lay there, stunned from the fall,
Combine Overwatch Soldiers drew near the Canal, already radio'ing in about thier capture of a Xen Slave, and the mound of dirt
which mysteriously heaved into the air, which revealed a hole. One of the Overwatch examined the hole, while the two others stepped
up to the edge of the canal, reguarding the Vortigaunt with cold gazes, when another mound of dirt heaved skyward, opening another
hole, and three seconds later, the earth repeated its display of exploding dirt. The Overwatch examining the first hole
had just enough time to turn around to the other occurances before Antlion's began spewing from the first hole, insticively attacking the
nearest disurbance, which was the lone Overwatch. The other two, already having thier weapons at the ready while examining the
Vortigaunt from a distance, had time enough to turn around and fire a few rounds into the Antlions from th first hole, before being
surrounded by Antlions coming from the other two holes.

Zephan'lya had waited for the possible chance that the Overwatch Soldier's attention had been taken away, and used the moment to run
into one of the nearby sewar drainage pipes that stuck out from the walls. Zephan'lya ran, and did nothing but run through the
underground mazes of the tunnels until his Vortigaunt body had no energy left, until the vortigaunt collapsed on the filthy, grime-
filled soil, exhaustion giving way to unconciousness, and dreamless dreams.

Zephan'lya awoke sometime later, body covered in filth, but mind sharpened, and working like a machine, struggling to piece together
the events that took place. Zephan'lya decided to sort through the information later, and work on finding shelter, and food, and
began a slow paced trek through the dark tunnels, untill, turning a corner, a shaft of light burst through the wall, farther along
the tunnel, promising a way out, to the surface.

Zephan'lya reached the end of the tunnel, walking out into the blinding light, and being assaulted by a variety of different sights,
smells, and atmosphere. What Zephan'lya saw first was the wreckage and debris of large metal objects, and trash everywhere. Next was
the huge structures surrounding the area, and the bridge above, spanning the distance of the structure. The Atmosphere itself was
incredibly different as well, different than the Outlands, and much more strange than the Wilderness. Zephan'lya took a few minuets
to take it all in, and coming to a difficult realization; that the lone vortigaunt that set out with a mission, had Gone through the
entire Outlands, and somehow ended up in the City. In City45.
Zephan'lya is currently sticking to the shadow's, watching human's from afar, and studying the city itself, learning about his new
enviroment, and not willing to go back into the tunnels, to find the Soldiers again.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?

Perks
Sharp Claws
Ability to freely use Vortessence
Ability to communicate using Flux-shifting (Zephan'lya is not willing to use flux-shifting to call for help or to find other Vortigaunts, as he is unsure of the city still, and current circumstances)
Can speak English
Has Leather belt w/ pouches, with some food still (some small food item)

Defects
Freedom in the City (has to constantly be aware/paranoid of Combine, loyalists, and 'evil' humans)
Unfamiliarty with enviroment and 'city humans'
Cannot Read or Write
Unfamiliar with most human technology (radio's, flashlights, etc.)(has seen them before, but never handled them)

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to use the unique position of being the only (to my knowledge) free vortigaunt in the City to actively help humans, while
avoiding the Combine. Roleplaying this should be incredibly interesting, for myself, and all involved, and enhancing Roleplay
for those who tend to stick to the shadows (like my character will), and don't play with the combine at the plaza.
And I certainly will get plenty of human interaction, instead of just shying away from everyone, becuase my character needs to learn about the city, and how to read and write.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No

Which server does this apply for?
City

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Zephan'lya's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 08:21:23 AM »
I personally have no idea if he can have a free Vortigaunt in the city, therefore I ask that Raiden comes to a final decision on this on whether or not he wants to grant a free City Vortigaunt. However my opinion is that this is a +support from me to try this out.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 10:39:45 AM »
You are allowed it in city, just nobody has applied for it.
Due to circumstances, I set the verdict for free city vorts for raiden, as I am unsure of this.
what

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 08:37:51 PM »
You are allowed it in city, just nobody has applied for it.
Due to circumstances, I set the verdict for free city vorts for raiden, as I am unsure of this.
Your character has to spawn in sector six or sector two. so we might have to make a new spawn point.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:47:59 PM by 2ndlt.CookiesofAmerica »
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 03:42:55 PM »
Your character has to spawn in sector six or sector two. so we might have to make a new spawn point.

Not exactly, you can OOCly walk out of the city. Just simply say so when you do it.

\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »
Guys, Please do not post here in Authorization Apps unless you are directly involved, or are an Admin.
Thanks.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 11:25:39 PM »
These are allowed in the city freed however people have to be sensible with it. They can't hur durr run in the city like idiots and have to stick to S6. However if a freed vort in the city is ICly found by the civil protection and imprisoned then they will become conscripted.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 02:42:01 AM »
Accepted.

Locked.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal