Author Topic: [DENIED]David Brennan's Civil Authority Application  (Read 933 times)

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED]David Brennan's Civil Authority Application
« on: May 05, 2012, 06:09:46 PM »
David Brennan's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Frolie

IC Character Name: David Brennan

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
My character's admiration of the Universal Union is his primary motivation  for wanting to join the CCA. His desire to turn anti-citizens into a non-issue for the Union conquers his psychopathic urges.

Secondly, David knows that without occupying himself with a proper venue for his violence, he will forever be among those he despised before the war. If he doesn't join the Union, he'll be considered another dispensable citizen.

Last, David's life-long desire for authority that couldn't be met by his violent personality could finally be managed by a occupation in Civil Protection.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Patient, thorough, violent, intelligent, perceptive, determined.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Since this is my first CCA character, I expect to get a completely different perspective on HL2RP. Since I would be in a position of authority rather than a position of conformation, I would be free to pursue a completely different line of RP in a way that will enrich the experience for myself, and for those whom I affect.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Born in 1989 to Michelle and Robert Brennan, David never seemed to fit in completely with society. He attended a Christian private school in his suburban hometown of Brunsaire, an experience that he despised due to his avid hate for conformed religion. Consequently, he never really gained any firm friends, and was disliked by the majority of his teachers.

Determined to escape the schooling experience, and backed up by his intelligence, David graduated the school two years early, and took the first available bus out of town. He wound up in Chicago, working part-time as a dishwasher at a restaurant, and living at a youth-hostel. He took up smoking in a desperate attempt to control his frustration. He continued to work at the for restaurant, keeping his position as a dishwasher due to his lack of determination to move up.

David's frustration with society festered throughout his stay in the city, until he eventually snapped while working late at the restaurant. A "fellow" employee was giving him a hard-time for his acrid cigarette smell, and David lost his control. His uncontrollable rage made him almost unaware of his actions, but his anger was dispensed as he  killed the employee with a sharp kitchen knife.

He kept his cool after the murder, intelligent enough to know how to get away with it. He shaved the dead man's head bald, cut off all his fingers, tore his eyeballs from his head, then drove the body out of town, burying him in a 6-foot-deep grave. He buried the eyes and fingers in another location, then left town all together.

He drove all the way to Denver, and lived out of his car until the combine invasion. The oppression of the Universal Union was a terrifying to most, but to David, it was a godsend. Their stranglehold on society was enchanting to him, and he knew that he wanted to be a part of it. In preparation for his application, he began exercising inside his apartment, becoming quite fit for the lacking diet of the average citizen. With the distinct inspiration to join the Union, David filled out the application in high hopes to be accepted for an interview.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
I've never had a CCA character on Catalyst Gaming's city server.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About a year or so.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
A little less than a complete year.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
A little less than a complete year (OCRP was my first serious server)

4. What Time zone are you in?
Eastern Time Zone

5. In what country do you live?
United States

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
On the CG city server, my most memorable RP experience was definitely during a exogen breach. Antlions were all over the city, so me and a half dozen other citizens were holed up inside the souvenir shop, doing our best to barricade the doors to keep them out, and treating the wounds of the hurt citizens. A CWU doctor was treating the wounded, and I was assisting him during the operations. The whole operation really caught the panic that was instilled in all the citizens during the breach, and the futility of trying to save the wounded citizens. It was a really great experience, and without question my favorite RP adventure.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Indubitably.

IC Section

Full Name: David Brennan
CID: 97848
Height: 6 feet, 1 inch(es) tall.
Hair Colour Dark Brown.
Eye Colour: Brown.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 170 pounds
Mental Distinctions: Exceptional at handling difficult or trying situations.
Mental Defects: Violent Impulses.
Mental Advantages: Perceptive and Intelligent.
Notable Qualities: Muscular, Intelligent.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I've never been detained under the control of the Universal Union.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Regularly, and without question of it's contents.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
It would be an honor to give my life to such a worthy service as the Universal Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
I accept the any actions performed by me will be the fault of myself.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
My loyalty to the union has been, and always will be, a life-long investment.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I wish to join the Combine Civil Authority because I feel it would enrich both my understanding how Half Life RP, and my overall RP experience. This would be my first CCA character, and I intend have my experience as a CP influence the RP with myself and others.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, David Brennan hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:04:28 PM by Kom??Як »
I'm a fag

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: David Brennan's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 12:36:34 PM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: VICE
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: David Brennan
Citizen Identification Number: 97848

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| Applicant uses Out-Of-Character perspective in IC question number six. Question one does not meet minimum standards (5/12 sentences). Question three does not meet minimum standards (2/8 sentences). ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.VICE-OfC.050
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal