Author Topic: Poll/Suggestion: Bring spam back.  (Read 9089 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Poll/Suggestion: Bring spam back.
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2013, 02:41:57 AM »
Perhaps getting rid of spam is for the greater good for those who were daily posting in it. Because honestly, everyone contributing to hatred threads in spam made himself look.... Ehhh, how to say it without breaking rule 1? Lets just say 'Bad'.
I realized this myself hence I was staying out of spam.
But honestly? Calling people names in spam is just weak. Saying things over the internet because no one can hurt you anyways.

And dont come with the argument that what you say in spam you dont mean, because I dont believe that.
Well, most of you were just trying to have fun sure, but some of you were using the board as an excuse to call people shit without getting in trouble for it.
But that is spam for ya. "Dont take it seriously, but make yourself look dumb anyways."

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>

"And dont come with the argument that what you say in spam you dont mean, because I dont believe that."

So you're saying that when I called you "Nickqueero" in spam I meant that? That's false, as you and I use to play DayZ all the time and were quite good friends. A joke is a joke. For some I can understand that you do mean certain things that you say, but just stay out of spam if you can't handle it. It's not like it will show up in your "unread topics" button, so you are not forced to read anything that anyone says in spam. It's 100% voluntary and you're fault if you get offended(Not directing the last sentence at you nick, it's to everyone in CG)
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2013, 03:10:00 AM »
So you're saying that when I called you "Nickqueero" in spam I meant that? That's false, as you and I use to play DayZ all the time and were quite good friends. A joke is a joke. For some I can understand that you do mean certain things that you say, but just stay out of spam if you can't handle it. It's not like it will show up in your "unread topics" button, so you are not forced to read anything that anyone says in spam. It's 100% voluntary and you're fault if you get offended(Not directing the last sentence at you nick, it's to everyone in CG)

I didn't mean everyone. I meant certain people.
Of course you can have fun in spam by joking with some people at times. But some people don't mean it as a joke. They mean it as a troll post.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2013, 03:20:10 AM »
This poll doesn't even has support from the owners, so no matter who wins be it yes/no it wont matter since the owners have already made there decision. All in all, this thread is just to argue back and forth about the removing of spam board, in the end, nothing will come of this.

Rally enough people to send messages to the owners on steam/PM's and they will have to respond. At least give the community a logical reason as to why spam was taken down and not just "because of arguments like these". That makes no sense in any way.
Spam was taken down because some un-named people took what others said to heart and got their feelings hurt. Some may even go as far as saying cyber bullied. So it was taken down.
That's completely wrong. I removed it because while half of the community is capable of understanding the point of the board, not taking things seriously and actually having a good time, the other is not and therefore they whine like 8 year old children which I don't have the time to nor do I want to deal with. I want spam too but unfortunately a lot of people aren't mature enough to handle it.
Anyways, locking this. Spam won't be returning.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2013, 03:25:27 AM »
He may/may not have been referring to you, Cow.  There are plenty of other people in spam besides you.  Also, there were PLENTY of cases of people hiding behind the free speech aspect of the Spam forum in order to talk shit about people, as Nicknero said.

Does this mean I agree that Spam had to be removed?  No.  However, Toxic brought up some valid points.  Having Spam independent from all forum rules has it's drawbacks in that people can get away with things like messing with Misty's pictures under the guise of "It's Spam, don't take it seriously".  Just because there's no rules about being a dick doesn't mean you should be one.  Spam should be a place where everyone can have fun, and to be honest, Spam started to resemble 4Chan a bit towards the end.

Also Cow, the one thing you and plenty of others do not understand, and KJUN has already mentioned this, no matter how many people nag them, the owners have made up their minds.  Many people forget that Catalyst Gaming is a benevolent dictatorship, not a democracy, and the decisions that are made by the head of the bureaucracy are final.  If they feel like relinquishing Spam, they will do it on their terms.

Oh, you just locked this.  Feel free to delete if you wish.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal