Author Topic: The rant at Abbott thread  (Read 9485 times)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The rant at Abbott thread
« on: December 22, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »
I've actually had such a shitty day today and I've been feeling so angry and annoyed because I feel everybody hates me, and nothing good at all has come out of today either, so I'm making this thread for anyone to give me criticism on me.

I've suffered with depression for the past 3 years, and having this where I have everybody hating me, here at CG and outside in RL. I have tried being nice, and everytime I do I get shot down or something really horrible happens to me and that is why I've been turning more and more into an ass lately. Today I have been non-stop angry at anything, even the littlest thing has sent me mad. I came to CG and made loads of friends here, but now all that seems to have gone and I'm suddenly one of the most hated people here.

Please, tell me what I have done wrong, and what I should do to improve, because I don't want this at all, it's making me feel so awful. Constructive criticism and stuff though please.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The rant at Abbott thread
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 06:32:39 PM »
I like you.

Sometimes you do stuff you shouldnt like when you went in the CCA chat and wrote a few lines of unrelated stuff after people were told to stop.

But i still like you.

Offline [WB] SDS Bandy [CO] [15th]

• What is blood if not for shedding? -TheCandyMan
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 06:39:45 PM »
You seem cool just when you went into the CCA chat last night you did go off topic on a super duper serious topic.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 06:42:59 PM »
Yeah man, you're cool, but you do stupid shit sometimes. Which just means you're like everybody else because everybody does stupid shit sometimes.

(Don't worry about the CCA chat, that wasn't that big of a fuckup but you did annoy some people, nobody will give a slight fuck in a week.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 06:48:07 PM by Riemer »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 07:11:01 PM »
Lets just be honest with you.

Before you got HRP admin, you were one of those typical annoying guys that went out of their ways to get people (specifically admins) in trouble by provoking reactions, and general trolling behavior in the shoutbox. And you ALWAYS got yourself involved if someone else is causing trouble in the shoutbox.

When you were HRP admin, I never had any trouble with you, and you were a good guy in my eyes. Then however when I removed your post in your Ama thread (And forgot to tell you about it, so sorry for that.) you suddenly flipped out, cursed to Crap-Head over steam, bitched about it over the shoutbox, and so on.

And then the last thing I remember, is you trolling in the CCA meeting you weren't even supposed to be in.

So all in all, at times you are just a fine guy. But at other times, you do things that you shouldn't.

PS: Not sure if this thread should be even allowed due to possible drama/flame fest. But I will keep it open and let a higher up decide on that...
(As long as people keep it nice and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism other then plain flaming, it should be fine.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 07:13:42 PM by Nicknero1405 »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 07:14:27 PM »
Doesn't seem to be causing either so far.

(A little off topic but 357th post, same as my unit's digits, heh.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 08:22:19 PM by Riemer »
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 08:31:38 PM »
When you were HRP admin, I never had any trouble with you, and you were a good guy in my eyes. Then however when I removed your post in your Ama thread (And forgot to tell you about it, so sorry for that.) you suddenly flipped out, cursed to Crap-Head over steam, bitched about it over the shoutbox, and so on.

And then the last thing I remember, is you trolling in the CCA meeting you weren't even supposed to be in.

So all in all, at times you are just a fine guy. But at other times, you do things that you shouldn't.

When I became HRP Admin I did my best to do my best and make sure everyone had a good time and stopped people who were ruining other's fun by breaking rules. The thing that caused me to flip a bit on that warning I got was that it said I got my post removed twice but I didn't recall because I have an iffy memory at times.

Yeah I shouldn't have been in that CCA meeting chat but I still didn't appreciate being kicked out for trying to voice my opinion on a decision or again, flamed at for it.

Yeah I do stupid shit at times, and the reasons I've resigned as admin again are that it feels like most people hate me now and that I'm unfit for admin now.

Nothing in this thread has really been drama or flame atm which is good and I appreciate that.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 08:44:39 PM »
I don't hate you, I don't think anyone at Catalyst hates you. It just annoys me that you think you didn't come into the meeting last night and start trolling. Then, when you have something constructive to say you want to be taken seriously. It's not a big deal and that's the only experience I have with you that I disliked. You're a good guy Abbott.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 09:13:38 PM »
 I haven't been roaming around the Catalyst-Gaming forums ever since Half-Life 2 went down for fixing and what not but I see you as a good person. You aren't that bad at all but it's fine by me. I haven't seen any problems or negative situations between you and someone else probably due to the said "haven't been roaming around" thing. You aren't the only one who suffers from a depressive state but I do too, sometimes due to the lack of company (i'm alone lol.)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 11:00:25 PM »
I've never had a problem with you and actually I always liked you, bro. I wasn't there for the CCA meeting so idk what everyone is talking about but on a separate note I will admit some of your recent comments have come across as really rude in serious threads like more than one of your comments regarding Oz's maps. One thing is not liking something and saying it, but another is bashing and calling everything 'shitty' and 'horrible' etc. If it is or isn't is irrelevant,  just a bit more courtesy is my advice. But other than that I like you.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 08:43:29 AM »
I can say a lot here, but i will keep it short because i have work in 15 minutes.

Since this is a "be honest thread", i will be honest.

For the last year at CG, i've just seen you here like one of those guys that just hunt the trouble, but always gets away with it because hes smart enough to get around some rules, and always has like 4-5 people in his back vs one administrator because the other are to afraid to jump in.

You never know when to stop an argument, and you can't leave one just to those actually involved.

The latest thing i saw, is the way you flipped out on me for a 15% warning. You had your post removed because you bumped your AMA thread. In the rules it clearly says to not purposely bump your AMA thread. When your post was removed, you said some stuff in the shoutbox, and then posted again. I then warned you 15% for doing so. You completely flipped a shit over a stupid forum warning that does JACK SHIT. I don't even know what the purpose of it is. Nobody is gonna reach the level where they can not post if they get realistic warnings from time to time.

A bump in the same thread twice would probably give 10-15% warning. I decided to give you the 15% because, heck, you've been here for sooooo long, and you we're even a HRP administrator. You should damn know all the rules. You're way of acting afterwards is extremely immature and not the way you should speak to others, and you should be nice to everyone, also your fellow administrators.

I'm not gonna post the Steam conversation here, well theres no conversation because i didn't say anything back at you, but if anyone is wondering, it kinda goes like this:
"You're a fucking idiot", "everybody at CG hates you", "jump off a bridge and die".
This was even when you were still a HRP administrator.

I don't really know why i have not banned you yet, i guess i didn't bother with the trouble it would cause afterwards, and when i saw you left administrator, it didn't really matter anymore.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 11:12:53 AM »
I don't like it when people get upset because someone else is mad.
Is it over little shit? Maybe, but if that sets him off, it'll set him off. Get used to it.
Honestly, I think abbott's bad side is just a trouble side that with fixing can be managed.
I hate how everyone thinks they've never been mad at little shit before. I'm very sure several of you have done everything in your power to release your anger on someone over very little shit. It may not be now, but it happened. Never forget your past, because thats your cheat sheet to life. It determines whether you fail and become a hypocrit, or succeede and follow the correct path.

I like Abbott, I don't see any problems with him. Even if he gets mad. I've suffered with depression for 7 years now, so I understand that "everyone hates me" feel. It's just paranoia Abbott, you may think it, but it's not real. People here like you....I had to tell myself that after my return.

You're a good guy with a bad side, just like most people here. They just have a better grasp on it. And you can too through meditation and deep thought.

I calmed my bad side by thinking I was the elite in the real world. It may seem crazy, but it worked. I stopped getting in fights over little shit and I stopped carrying a gun around at a public mall because I thought I was too good for that shit. And you're too good to get mad over a 15% warning. It's not worth your time, neither are any forum punishments. Learn from these punishments, but do not take them TOO seriously.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 01:49:52 PM »
you're a good guy in general and i like you but playing video games with you can be very frustrating because you never accept your mistakes and you refuse to accept advice from anyone so you never get better. if someone says something you don't like you just start going on for like 20 minutes about how you're right and they're wrong but provide literally no logic as to why you're saying they're wrong about whatever it is

also if i'm in a full game of league and you didn't get invited it's not because i don't like you like holy shit i just invite people that are talking to me at the time and it ends up filling up please don't message me like 1million times saying betrayal or invite plz

tl;dr ur cool and i like you but please stop getting mad when people give you advice/don't invite you to games because they're full

Offline Sniping Hazard

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 02:44:33 PM »
I'm gonna translate what everyone here thinks of you Abbott.

"You're a stubborn little shit who does'n't take any responsibility with his actions and uses the depression card to excuse his anger and tantrum. Do us a favor and take a vacation or leave altogether, all you are doing is causing everyone else to hate you even more."

In short, if your depressed, then go cry about it on your little pillow and stop bothering us. No one feels sorry for you and it's time you grow up.

15% warning issued for flaming in general discussion. Perhaps you missed the part where I said to keep this with CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. ~Nick
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:32:27 PM by Nicknero1405 »

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 02:52:06 PM »
The only times that I've had a problem with you is when you try to abuse wording to get away with shit(I call it pulling a Lawyer) other then that I haven't had a problem with you.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal