Author Topic: [Gmod Wiremod] Advanced Wiring Tool not working  (Read 8442 times)

Offline Red Alexmander

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Gmod Wiremod] Advanced Wiring Tool not working
« on: September 24, 2012, 05:59:15 PM »
When I use the advanced wiring tool and look at something, the menu doesn't appear as i think it would, therefore making it useless.

I have reinstalled gmod and wiremod (SVN)
I have tried this in singleplayer and multiplayer
My computer is turned on

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [Gmod Wiremod] Advanced Wiring Tool not working
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 08:37:24 PM »
Does it matter? Use the regular Wire tool.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: [Gmod Wiremod] Advanced Wiring Tool not working
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:03:47 AM »
Does it matter? Use the regular Wire tool.
Yes it does matter... This is a help and support section, not a 'post your opinion on certain stuff' section.

Anyways, are you sure that the server you are joining has the tool installed? Since I remember that some servers had it working while others had not.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 11:11:35 AM »
This may sound a bit dumb, but are you sure you're looking at something that can be wired, such as a Text Screen?

Offline {SF} snackattack1x

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 03:38:35 PM »
Try looking for a file name "wire_adv." Once you find that file delete it the SVN Update wiremod.

The file is in garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\wire\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools

Right click on your wiremod folder once the file has been deleted and Update. This should download a new Advanced Wiring LUA file and may fix the file if it was previously corrupt.
Come check out the Special Faces organization!

Offline Red Alexmander

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 04:47:13 PM »
I was in a Spacebuild server that for sure had wiremod with advanced wire (and it doesn't work in single player either).
And I was also looking at both an advanced pod controller and an advanced gyrocontroller (think that's wat its called) and neither would bring up the menu.

@snack: thx for info, ill try that out when I get home

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 07:33:32 PM »
Ignore those above, please follow these instructions:
http://www.wiremod.com/forum/installation-malfunctions-support/6417-ultimate-guide-fixing-problems-wiremod.html

Read ALL of that. Don't think "These steps don't apply to me" this guide works 100% of the time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal