Author Topic: Authorization to use the HL2RP Map?  (Read 10699 times)

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Authorization to use the HL2RP Map?
« on: March 20, 2012, 07:39:03 PM »
Hello Catalyst Gaming. I just wanted to ask if there is any condition or guideline that you could lean me on using the current HL2RP map for a server that I run myself. I will not disclose links, names, or any other information leading to my community for the respect I have for the staff here. The reason I want to use the map is simply because it's absolutely perfectly done. No other city map compares to it and it's the spice I need in my community. I'm a proud donator here at Catalyst Gaming, and I'd just like to know how to respectfully carry this out.

I'd much rather ask for permission than to go behind your backs and use it, so I just want to know, under WHAT conditions is this doable under. The credits will remain in place and a small cG tribute will be made to it in the event that it is edited. cG will never be taken out of the name of the map.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Authorization to use the HL2RP Map?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 07:53:32 PM »
While we cannot physically stop you, we'd rather you not and won't be very happy if you do.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 08:35:14 PM »
Well Rofl, It's just so excellently done, the other maps are just so unorganized and I have OCD! :0

Surely there has to be some sort of agreement. I don't want you to harm my community and I don't want you guys to feel jipped.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 09:49:02 PM »
No offense Rofl, but it isn't your map. It's Statua's map. He is the person who can authorize usage, not you. So, Klashy, I'd wait for Statua to respond.
Live free or die

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 09:50:39 PM »
No offense Rofl, but it isn't your map. It's Statua's map. He is the person who can authorize usage, not you. So, Klashy, I'd wait for Statua to respond.
Pretty sure he's talking about the city.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline [CG] Rekyit Merlo

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 09:57:55 PM »
Hello Catalyst Gaming. I just wanted to ask if there is any condition or guideline that you could lean me on using the current HL2RP map for a server that I run myself. I will not disclose links, names, or any other information leading to my community for the respect I have for the staff here. The reason I want to use the map is simply because it's absolutely perfectly done. No other city map compares to it and it's the spice I need in my community. I'm a proud donator here at Catalyst Gaming, and I'd just like to know how to respectfully carry this out.

I'd much rather ask for permission than to go behind your backs and use it, so I just want to know, under WHAT conditions is this doable under. The credits will remain in place and a small cG tribute will be made to it in the event that it is edited. cG will never be taken out of the name of the map.
Its the city map.

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 10:07:41 PM »
Yes, Use of the map.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 11:44:16 PM »
The city map is branded by cg thus not intended to be used by other servers. In other words, no.

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 01:02:55 AM »
I'm a douche bag.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:49:46 PM by oG] | [cG] Klashy »

Offline Cux

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 05:01:41 AM »
I might be blind or so, but I remembered seeing multiple HL2RP communities using the Catalyst city map? How come?
Correct me if I'm wrong.
"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in  their home."
-Kenneth Olsen, President and Founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, in 1977

"Everything that can be invented has been invented."
-Charles H. Duell, U.S. Commissioner of Patents, in 1899

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 05:31:04 AM »
If the city map is THAT good, then just play here then.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 05:58:04 AM »
I might be blind or so, but I remembered seeing multiple HL2RP communities using the Catalyst city map? How come?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you actually read what was posted: We can't stop people from using it, but we wouldn't like it if you did since the map is featured for CG.

Anyways, it's Kazuo/Frohman who made the map, so it should be his call.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 07:03:00 AM »
Pretty sure Kaz released it to the public domain then disappeared completely.

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 11:46:09 PM »
The maps is property of valve, not any single person.

I'm sorry guys:(

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 05:44:43 AM »
The maps is property of valve, not any single person.

I'm sorry guys:(
Lol? So you say everything you make on your PC is property of Microsoft, because you made it on their PC? Lol...
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal