Author Topic: Stephen Kane's Authorization Application  (Read 2504 times)

Offline RapidJuice

• View Profile
    • Awards
Stephen Kane's Authorization Application
« on: January 08, 2012, 03:13:29 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: RapidJuice
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 2-2.5 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
- My character to be mentally and physically conditioned through rough training and healthy eating.
- Through training, to be stronger than the average citizen who is also healthy and/or any low ranking CCA, within reason.
- Good combat knowledge in close-combat, although self-trained to use a fire-arm effectively. (Which my character has ICly already.)

Name: Stephen Kane
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Around the time Stephen Kane became a wanted Anti-Citizen, he found District Six to be his home. Constantly he would condition himself further and further to prepare for the next time his life would be taken. He used a large warehouse to his advantage, using the cross-beams as a pull-up bar, and running laps from one side to the other. After a long time of making friends within the city, he met a man who supplied him with a fire-arm, a compact 9-Millimeter pistol (Damien Samshire).

For several weeks he would lock himself inside the warehouse, constantly pitting himself towards soul-breaking physical and mental training. His friends he had made supplied him with healthy food, water and Steroids, (although scared of the rumour that they would effect his genital area). (They didn't, luckily). They allowed him to train for longer periods of time, supplied by the Steroid power of a Civil Protection unit, where the Steroids came from directly, smuggled by anti-citizens.

Day after day he would isolate himself inside this warehouse, the stink of sweat, blood and tears almost numbing his nostrils. Constantly reloading, taking apart, putting togehter, aiming, reloading, taking apart, putting together, aiming. On the brink of insanity, he knew he had seen the other side of his ordeal. His training had made him stronger, he could feel the adrenaline-feulled blood pumping through his inner-core.

He practiced on sacks of maize he had found near the darker areas of the warehouse he accomodated. He hit them until they burst, not knowing when to stop until he could see visibly the blood seeping from his red-raw knuckles.

(To note, I have done all of these acts. I actually locked myself inside XCCR ICly and did all this.)
(Also, this is not an auth for a weapon, I already have one gained through IC means.)

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
- Adept in basic hand-to-hand combat.
- Copius knowledge on the standard 9MM Pistol, and the knowledge of self-trained, unsafe and volatile basic fire-arms use.
- Stronger than the average citizen through IC training he must endure every week or so.

Defects
- Combat style is unpracticed and unproffesional, only effective against the very untrained.
- Very little knowledge on the area outside of District Six, can get lost very easily.
- Scared of the world outside of District Six somewhat.
- Must keep up with training (I can supply these /me's and training RP to admins through RP observation.)
- My character smells very unhygenic from all the training!

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
-Become a figure to be reckoned with, perhaps even famous among the D6 community.
-I will not abuse my authorizations or use them as little flags to show "Haha I'm better than you".
-Increase a level of Anti-citizen Roleplay through teaching training techniques supplied by character.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Nope.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
HL2RP Status

Stephen 'Kane' - ANTI-CITIZEN 1 - Alive.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Stephen Kane's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 09:02:47 AM »
For now, pending, other admins have to post opinions.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Lord Bravery

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 08:10:51 PM »
I'm personally all for this, so long as he does have proof (or proof can be found) that he:

A) Gained the weapons through valid rp, and
B) That his "strength training" rp thus far is reviewed / his further "workout" rp is monitored (not so strictly, of course.).

I do have a question, though. Where would anyone find 'healthy' food? I understand that the steroids would help him gain muscle mass, but don't you need plenty of protein as well?
Of course, with the 'accidental' shellings every other week, I'm sure he'd have no problem finding headcrabs to munch on LOL

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 12:26:52 AM »
Not an SA, but I'll post my opinion anyway.  I personally think his RP is good and he knows what he's doing, I've never seen him do anything wrong besides the occasional sarcastic answer to a serious question.  His character has been around forever, so I'm sure he would have gotten stronger if he's been training every once in a while since he started his affiliation with resistance.  He has acquired weapons ICly already, a pistol and a shotgun I believe, maybe more.  He could have trained with the weapons considering he's had them for a while too.

For the reasons I stated, I think he deserves these auths.

Offline RapidJuice

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 03:32:00 AM »
@LordBravery
(I'm doing this on my phone at school lol)

By "healthily" I kind of meant "not supplements", like melon, which is fruit. I'm not a dietician, but I'm sure if I looked it up all the evidence would be there, since citizen supplements are designed to make them weaker.
Plus, I don't want my character to be Hercules, just a notably stronger from his training.
Thanks for all the positive posts guys, I really appreciate it!
HL2RP Status

Stephen 'Kane' - ANTI-CITIZEN 1 - Alive.

Offline Lord Bravery

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 08:05:42 AM »
By "healthily" I kind of meant "not supplements", like melon, which is fruit. I'm not a dietician, but I'm sure if I looked it up all the evidence would be there, since citizen supplements are designed to make them weaker.
Plus, I don't want my character to be Hercules, just a notably stronger from his training.

Noted. Thanks for the clarification, it really helps. I'm still on board. :)

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »
I'm no SA but I've spent so much time RPing with you, and you've proven to be excellent. So, it's a +support from me.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 04:56:48 PM »
Since I saw IC training and due to supports:

Accepted.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 03:52:34 AM by Kom??Як »
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal