Author Topic: short rant on malnourishment  (Read 8771 times)

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: short rant on malnourishment
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 09:00:27 PM »
Ah, well if it is another character that sells them and not a fabricated character, you don't need anything. Twas my misunderstanding, as for the units, I've written above, just calmly explain to them in LOOC what your situation is
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 09:11:06 PM »
Where do you ICly store the food, and how is the food ICly transported from wherever it's kept by the dealer to your residence? I'm not doubting you have it figured out, I'm merely curious.
o7

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 03:46:30 AM »
Take away the malnourishment,

CP's get training, with not only weaponry, but hand-to-hand combat, and get supplied things that Enhance the body as well

And you? A CWU lemonade, a cup of cold noodles, and (mabye) a melon, and you concider that being well-fed and more nourishment than CP's?

/lolrant

At no point in my thread did I say that I should be able to take down 20 CPs with my bare hands simply because I eat a good breakfast. My rant was about CPs assuming all citizens are malnourished. Please, Kom'rk, next time read the OP before replying. Thanks :)

Had you read the OP, you would have read that my character eats a healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I for one do not consider CWU lemonade, a cup of cold noodles and a melon a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner. Again, please read the OP before posting. Thanks for trying though, bud.

Where did I say anything about taking down CP's at all?
I didn't read hmm?

My character for one, has lots of food ICly and OOCly, and eats healthy meals, breakfast, lunch, and supper. I am not malnourished, if anything I'm more nourished than the average CP.

End rant.

1. You aren't more nourished than the average CP, not by a long shot.
2. Concidering the entire world is under combine control, while it wouldn't be impossible, the types of 'healthy' food would be incredibly spare, especially in large quantities (or small quantities over a long period of time), even then, in the combine-controlled cities, where even the public water is monitered and 'doctored' correctly, I doubt that you would ICly get enough food for complete nourishment, not that it's impossible though.

But indeed, I would also like to second Yankee's question.

Offline RapidJuice

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 05:55:55 AM »
I'm quite happy now that I have a legitimate authorization app which was accepted by super admins. Mad, CCA? Probably not, which is another point. Even though my character is a steroid junkie, with enough strength to move likely tip a van, I still could not compare to maybe 2 or 4 low-ranked units.

Tactics for CPs to fuck up Anti-Citizen unarmed fagballs, is like this.

-They're malnourished, so won't put up a good fight unless they're suicidal.
-CPs usually raid in packs, like wolves, so even if they were fucking Jihad on you, they'd be smacked silly.
-CPs use stunsticks, steroids and SHIT YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE to overpower you CANONICALLY, not even in the retarded Robocop one Kurozael made up.
-Even if they have pro weapons and ninja skills, you can't play to win against a speeding bullet.
HL2RP Status

Stephen 'Kane' - ANTI-CITIZEN 1 - Alive.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 06:35:23 AM »
I highly doubt you'd be able to have 3 full meals a day. Because guess what? Supermarkets don't exist anymore. Combine took all the food away. Farms don't exist anymore. Combine took all of them away as well. So quite literally the only non-UU stuff you'll find are the scraps and crappy stuff that people may have been able to scrounge around for and find.

So it would be nice for a little clarification on your end on what you are eating exactly, and how said supplier actually gets ahold of said food.

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 06:47:39 AM »
I see it as this, when you are a citizen, you roleplay to lose. A citizen picking a fight with a Civil Worker wouldn't be that great of an idea, beacuase they have more exercise and need of strength and other bodily skills to do their jobs. CCA are TRAINED in hand to hand combat, and are physically superior, no matter what. Almost every time.

I want to add the variation of a CWU into this argument. Would you not agree that Civil Workers are less mal nourished than citizens? Sure we only eat UU Branded food, but we eat a lot of it? We get extra rations and have our supplements on TOP of Donuts, melons, oranges, etc. Half the time my character is carrying a deceased body here or there, I'd say that's an increase in strength and a level on the rest.

My argument in a basic form is this.

Civilians can beat Civilians

Civilians Can't ALL WAYS beat Civil Workers (Never in a 1v1)

CCA Beats all, every time.

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 11:35:26 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I do play to lose, but I've had situations where it's 4 citizens vs. a CP and they still won't play to lose.

Playing to lose is a two way street.

The issue with the CCA today is there are literally rules against playing to lose.

I know you all hate TnB, but 3 years back when I was a CP on TnB, I played to lose ALL THE TIME because it makes RP interesting and fun.

If you lose your gun, it's a blackmark.
If you get taken hostage, it's a blackmark or demotion.

Basically, if you LOSE it's a demotion, and it's a major flaw in the CCA. Yes, we get it, the CCA is all powerful. But HALF-LIFE TWO is a story about rebellion against the CCA and oppression, not a story about masochistic civvies who enjoy a stunstick up the ass.

Yes, we get it. Most of us are malnourished, weak, yadda yadda yadda, but CPs still need to play to lose a LITTLE BIT or it's no fun. No one likes roleplaying getting the shit beaten out of them day after day after day.
game over

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »
Thats what happens when the CCA is run by someone who doesnt understand losing...

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »
Okay, 1: CPs get an endless amount of the best food
2: You get a cup of cold noodles, chemically altered water, and maybe a slice of Super Melon which is grown in a test tube.
3: You get that once every 3 days
4: You are a starving Somalian compared to a CP
5: CPs are laced with steroids and drugs that decrease reaction times
6: Your being brainwashed
7: You know nothing of the Combine. All the ranks you know are "The guy with the bigger gun is a higher rank."
8: You don't have weapons, maybe a shiv, but not a heavy batton that electrocutes you
9: Sense your a starving Somalian, that baton without the shock would crush your bones
10: Your bones are brittle, your skin is unhealthy, flimsy and weak, your brain is slower, you feel like shit, your always hungry, and the odds are stacked against you

VICTORY CHART

Citizen Vs. CP= CP wins
CWU Vs. CP = CP wins

Or

RcT = Healthier and stronger Citizen, it takes 2+ to take one down
04 more trained, stronger 04, +3 to take down
03 Much stronger and trained then an 04, however 3+
02: 4+
01: 5+, They are augumented bad asses whom are like the Terminator compared to you
OfC: Dont even try
DvL:
SeC

High Rank Comparison chart:

COTA: Space Marine Terminator
SeC: Space Marine Captain
CmD: Space Marine
DvL: Neophyte scout (Badass, but can be taken down)
OfC: A veteran Colonel in the military
01: He is"human" But can loose, it will take a lot of you feral savages, though.

You get my point, the UU will not field under quality bitches, only elites.

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 12:59:36 PM »
Renegade, read my post above Statua's. That is my reply to your post.
game over

Offline RapidJuice

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2012, 03:38:20 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I do play to lose, but I've had situations where it's 4 citizens vs. a CP and they still won't play to lose.

The issue with the CCA today is there are literally rules against playing to lose.

I know you all hate TnB, but 3 years back when I was a CP on TnB, I played to lose ALL THE TIME because it makes RP interesting and fun.

Basically, if you LOSE it's a demotion, and it's a major flaw in the CCA. Yes, we get it, the CCA is all powerful. But HALF-LIFE TWO is a story about rebellion against the CCA and oppression, not a story about masochistic civvies who enjoy a stunstick up the ass.

Yes, we get it. Most of us are malnourished, weak, yadda yadda yadda, but CPs still need to play to lose a LITTLE BIT or it's no fun. No one likes roleplaying getting the shit beaten out of them day after day after day.

YES. I like this. Half Life 2's story is based on resisting oppression, if you don't give people the chance to have fun with the canon, you seriously expect people to play on a server, where you sit smugly in your nexus, eating steroids and augments for breakfast, completely STEAMROLLING everything when you exit?
HL2RP Status

Stephen 'Kane' - ANTI-CITIZEN 1 - Alive.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 04:25:39 PM »

YES. I like this. Half Life 2's story is based on resisting oppression, if you don't give people the chance to have fun with the canon, you seriously expect people to play on a server, where you sit smugly in your nexus, eating steroids and augments for breakfast, completely STEAMROLLING everything when you exit?

Now you know what it is like to oppose the U.S. Military :3

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 06:51:36 PM »

Now give us all your oil!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline Heavy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 06:56:00 PM »

Now give us all your oil!

Even though America never gained any oil when they invaded Iraq, that still seems to be a common joke. I don't understand.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 07:03:16 PM »
Yeah the joke is over now, back onto topic.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal