Author Topic: The shiv problem  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Adrian ?NoRagrets

• View Profile
    • Awards
The shiv problem
« on: January 23, 2012, 04:40:52 PM »
Now this is going to be a bit of a short post, but still highly relevant.

During my CCA roleplay downtime, I've hopped on my citizen character with which I've spent most of my time in D6 or D2. I don't generally encounter much people there, but when I do it's generally the same story.

*/me grabs a "shiv/metal thing/sharp object/broken glass/knife" from his ASS, and keeps it hidden*

Come the fuck on?! Surely not everyone has roleplayed to get one of these? And even less so, surely not everyone is out to harm the first best citizen the find in D6?

This is a bloody annoying problem, and I don't feel that I can achieve anything out of roleplaying with these pre-made wannabe badass scenarios. Now this isn't because I'm afraid to lose, because I happen to be validly armed. Have you recently seen Stephen Francis robbing a citizen? No, because he believes in citizen solidarity and that we should as a race stick together and help each other with whatever resources or supplies we can. Now I'm sure that there's one or two crazy sons of bitches that have no regard for humanity at all, but fucking everyone? Come on..

Much love from the people who actually GIVE A FUCK about other citizens...

Offline Cowgirl*^_^*

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The shiv problem
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 05:06:28 PM »
I learned this lesson the hard way after falling into the wrong crowd in D6 who was role playing semi well. I had thought they had rped getting the weapons but when we used them and went through this large fiasco I took the blame because I kept saying they were rped when in fact I was misinformed.
Since then on my rebel character anyone I am with that want's to get a weapon or something I walk with them and teach them how to rp it. (IC like going dumpster diving using label's from CWU water bottles and supplies to make taped handles to grasp it.)

Fucka you haters XD

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 11:12:44 PM »
Thats why i never go to D6. That happens, or they beat me up and throw me into a fighting ring.

Offline autism

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The shiv problem
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 08:07:37 AM »
I find it retarded how everyone in D2 has to fight eachother with their asspulled weapons. I mean, why are they fighting in the first place? What does that even get them?

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk
02/19/12 10:34:40 Nicknero1405 was killed by Nicknero1405 with a Nicknero1405

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 08:53:10 AM »
I find it retarded how everyone in D2 has to fight eachother with their asspulled weapons. I mean, why are they fighting in the first place? What does that even get them?

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk
Their most likely fighting because they think the other one is going to attack them so they do a /me to get the weapon out and they respond with a /me as well.
On a side note I bet that all of these people don't show it when they get padded down.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline RapidJuice

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 11:55:56 AM »
Em, this being written by the perspective of people who are sitting at their computer.

People don't like eachother, even in times of hardship. Co-operating is a rare thing in urban areas. Plus, if I took a look outside I could probably find 10 sharp looking objects within two minutes. I don't support it, but come the fuck on. If I hung around the scummy parts of Glasgow for more than half an hour, I'd probably be on the sharp end of a shiv or a knife. Compare it to real life's more run-down places and the people who live there. You can't simply hate on someone because they have an upper-hand in roleplay to your character.
HL2RP Status

Stephen 'Kane' - ANTI-CITIZEN 1 - Alive.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal