Author Topic: My First Big HL2:RP Experience.  (Read 1618 times)

hellreaver08

My First Big HL2:RP Experience.
« on: January 19, 2012, 01:02:18 PM »
First of all i would like to say i'm really enjoying this server, it's very lively and everyone is active and serious whilst playing.

However my first big experience of HL2:RP Is to be detained with out any mention why and being held there for a little over an hour and a half. Not that this is an issue if i were to be told anything apart from "don't move". I came onto the server planning to do a few things with a friend but instead i was chucked in a cell without reason for about an hour and ten minutes until i was finally told why and interrogated.

The interrogation was a joy to be a part of however and i liked being able to role play a unique and interesting story ( Even though it got me permanently killed :D )

As i said this wouldn't of been such a problem for me as i wouldn't mind role playing for a long period of time but i found that i was just standing still with a CP looking at me for 90% of it.

I don't want to this to be seen as complaining as such as i really really enjoy this server, by far one of my favorite RP servers i've experienced but i would just like to make it aware that if you do plan to hold someone for an hour create some role play to go with it rather than leaving them there for ages. Even though after that was up it started to become interesting but i would find it much more enjoyable to play if it maintained that level of interest the whole time.

Thanks for making an awesome RP server i think its great, but i think this may need a little work. Thanks for reading.

Offline Adrian ?NoRagrets

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My First Big HL2:RP Experience.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 12:50:40 AM »
Can't disagree with the fact that this feels like an inappropriate occurance for detainees. Roaming the nexus on my recruit I've actually seen similar things happen several times, where a unit detains someone, goes afk or leaves the server. Sometimes they just forget to fill out a detainment form with the citizens punishment on it and the citizens end up sitting around for ages. Could use some work.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 06:57:52 AM »
Units can be BMed if they forget to leave paperwork on their detainees, however it ends up being a paradox if they leave because if there is no paperwork, nobody knows who detained the citizen. People have been getting lazy lately, not doing their papers.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

hellreaver08

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 10:40:29 AM »
I'm glad to see it's not just me, i feel like being detained can have such a great role in producing some amazing role play but if CPs don't pull through its just a bit of time wasting. It would be great to see this improve in the future to be honest as i feel this is the only thing that lets the server down. On the whole, great though :)

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 10:50:47 AM »
What I would do on my old unit was start giving little "speeches" to the citizens being detained, about UU philosophy and such, I would also do /its of the atmosphere, something no other units could be bothered to do. From what I could tell, people really enjoyed what I did, and I will resume doing this when my unit gets promoted.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »
What I would do on my old unit was start giving little "speeches" to the citizens being detained, about UU philosophy and such, I would also do /its of the atmosphere, something no other units could be bothered to do. From what I could tell, people really enjoyed what I did, and I will resume doing this when my unit gets promoted.

I don't bother with /its because I know that people outside the nexus can see them, and they get confused. However I do talk to prisoners. I also log the time of detainment in GMT.

hellreaver08

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 11:50:15 AM »
Yeh thats what i mean i think that would be a lot more enjoyable and you can immerse in the role play that way whilst you wait for interrogation, Glad to see a couple people think about doing that. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal