Author Topic: Headset Suggestions  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Headset Suggestions
« on: April 16, 2013, 09:06:09 PM »
I currently have just a cheap desktop mic for the PC and a pair of headphones. I bought the turtle beach XL1s for the Xbox and I really like them, so I'm thinking about buying the X11's since they work for both. And they work for headphones too. Anyone have opinions on turtle beach? Just post them here so I know, and if you have any suggestions for other cheap but good quality headsets just let me know.
To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive.

Offline Red Alexmander

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Headset Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:03:28 PM »
I use x12s and they are perfectly fine and dandy. I can easily switch from xbox and pc with 1 plug. And the price is good at $60. Dont go for any of the expensive wireless ones tho, they suck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 05:37:22 PM »
I have x12s and they broke in about a week but I guess that's because I'm bad at taking care of headsets

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 06:57:11 PM »
Get headphones and a microphone separately. Headsets are very unreliable - if your microphone breaks, you have to replace the entire thing which is incredibly stupid. You'll get 2x the quality for the price you are paying.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 07:03:36 PM »
Get headphones and a microphone separately. Headsets are very unreliable - if your microphone breaks, you have to replace the entire thing which is incredibly stupid. You'll get 2x the quality for the price you are paying.

do this ^

a lot of times you can good quality headphones but the attached microphone sounds like utter horseshit and vice versa

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 07:03:51 PM »

Then you sir have never bought a quality headset!

I use this: http://www.edimensional.com/product_info.php?products_id=122
Great sounds, wired (Which I prefer), you sound good with it, makes me sound five years older (People say I sound 30ish). And it is just so comfortable, plus if you read and realize how *** Skype is and use TeamSpeak this is perfect. I took a risk not using a company I usually buy my stuff from but I am glad I did. Had this one for a while and its been lasting me for ages.

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 07:53:16 PM »
The Skullcandy SLYR is an amazing headset that has an amazing mic. Plus they are extremely comfortable. Probably the most underrated headset of all time. However as Rofl stated, it is a good idea to get decent headphones and a usb mic. Paying over $100 for a headset is just not necessary.
ok

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 07:28:45 PM »
Get the H600 from Logitech, it's a wireless USB headset, amazing sound quality, up to 10 meters range, not chained to your desk by cables, I got my for 70 dollars (it was like 60, then tax and I got a 2 year warranty for 7 dollars) Great microphone quality, too. 6 hour battery life. The USB charger cable is compatible with smartphones to, so if you loose the one in the box you can take a Samsung/Motorola/anything but an Apple charger and plug it into your comp or a wall. I seriously suggest this, you can get it at Target.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal