Author Topic: [ACCEPTED]Malcom Meirs's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1193 times)

Offline This is Red

• The best color in the world is  not red.
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED]Malcom Meirs's Civil Authority Application
« on: July 11, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »
Malcom Meirs's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Red the Idiot

IC Character Name: Malcom Meirs

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Malcom was a man who believed in the idea of a better world, regardless of what it took. Malcom had many ideas of what could be done to help the world, but the Combine was something he didn't expect. Only after the 7 Hour war did Malcom find the means to truly make the world a better place. A world filled of good, honest, and civil people that would bring peace, and happiness, a world united under the Universal Union.

When Malcom was younger, loyalty was everything. His father was a very strict man, and demanded that every thing be done his way. Malcom Had to adjust to his father, or be beaten. Choosing to obey his father, Malcom learned the meaning of loyalty, which would help him greatly in the world controlled by the Union. This loyalty drove Malcom to become a Civil officer, and assist the Union in any way possible.

When Malcom arrived in City 45, he was immediately welcomed by citizens and officers alike. Many of his friends though that it would be a good idea to join the CCA, and Malcom agreed.Some of the officers were also important motivator, helping him whenever he was in trouble, and generally making the Union seem even more pleasant. Most of Malcoms friends either died or never got enough loyalist points, while Malcom managed to get 7. Malcom was rather proud of the points he had earned, and when an officer recommended he join the CCA, Malcom was fully prepared to join, and sent in an application.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
*Loyal -
Malcom is a loyal man, having been raised in a family where loyalty was a must, and thanks to the kindness some of the officers have shown him

*Lawful -
Malcom believes in a world of order, and believes that obeying the Unions laws is the only way to achieve that world

*Untrustful -
Malcom does not easily place trust into other people, thanks to past experience and the anti-citizens of the city

*Demanding -
Malcom wants a lot from the people that he serves, and the people that serve him

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I expect the CCA to be a bit of a challenge, to be honest. I will have to learn many things if I want to be a good CCA unit, like how to act more maturely on OOC, or PTL more effectively. I will have to learn to resist the temptation of using my newfound advantages too much, otherwise I may turn into a powergamer and a elitest. Being a member of the CCA, I would also have to learn to be a good role model for the rest of the community, and perfect my knowledge with the things above.

As for Malcom, his time in the CCA won't be a role in the park either. He will have to adjust to the orders given to him by his superiors, and do as he is told. He will have to get used to being the one to beat someone, regardless of past ties or personal feelings. He will have overcome the fear of beating people, else he be demoted or amputated.
And lastly, he will have to overcome his own desires to be of full use to the Union.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
1985-1995
Malcom was rather smart for someone his age, and was that smartest kid in class. Malcom always liked school, for it was the only time he could get away from home. Needless to say, Malcoms home was not the nicest of places. Malcoms father, Dalton Meirs, was a strict man, and would casually beat Malcom for the smallest of things. Malcoms mother, Rebbeca Meirs, was a drunk that would rarely come home. Malcom often found himself wishing to be somewhere else. Malcoms childhood would shape him into the man he is now.

1996-2000
Malcom had moved out of his old home into a highschool dormitory, where he made many friends. Malcoms best friend was his language teacher, A british man named Jack Sterling. Malcoms best subject was, of course, language. However, Jack Sterling was killed by a former student, which saddened Malcom greatly. After that his grades started to get worse, and so did his social life.

2001-2003
Philip Fin, a friend of Malcoms from highschool, was in need of a place to stay. Malcom offered his old friend housing. Months went by as Malcom noticed a bit of his money would vanish now and again, but Malcom ignored it. However, one day Philip attacked Malcom, shouting how this was for the money. Malcom had recieved a broken foot from Philip. Malcom stoped trustig people after that, making him the untrusting man he is today.

2004-2014
Malcom wanted to go to college, but was unable to afford it. So Malcom did whatever odd jobs he could find. One of his jobs was the postion of a manager, and the power of bossing people around got to him a little. However, he was almost fired for his actions, only to be saved by another manager who he looked up to. It is because of this that Malcom wants a lot from the people he works for, and the people who work for him.

-The 7 hours war-
Malcom was at his apartment enjoying a turkey sandwhich, something he would never have again. When he finished his sandwhich Malcom noticed a strange vibration, and stared to hear loud noises from outside, When he went to check the source, he was burried under a pile of rubble, and rendered unconscious. When he awoke, he found himself surrounded by masked men, and was ordered to put on a blue jumpsuit, and was taken to one of the many cities.

Present time
Malcom is now grateful to the Union for pulling his life out of the dark state it had fallen into, for providing so many things to him. When Malcom was able to, he made an application for the CCA, and sent it into the Nexus. Now Malcom waits impatiently for an answer.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No, Malcom would be my first CCA character.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
2-3 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
1 year.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
1 month in 3 days.

4. What Time zone are you in?
(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

5. In what country do you live?
North America

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My character, Jacob Nortson, was going on with his day, when suddenly a large group of Nercotics attacked city 18. Jacob ran to his apartent in panic, being one of the few people who made it inside. After about an hour of waiting, an officer knocked on his door, and made sure he wasn't infected in any way. The HELIX officer and Jacob both ruan through the plaza into the Nexus, and waited in the safety of the Advanced walls. Soon after, the OTA came through and sweep the area. Jacob was accused of level one trespassing, and was amputated.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, I can pay attention to what someone says.

IC Section

Full Name: Malcom Meirs
CID: 90331
Height: 5'10'
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 153 pounds
Mental Distinctions: Strong minded, will remain calm in most cases
Mental Defects: Thinks too much, day dreams
Mental Advantages: Thinks rationally, can deduce when something can help or harm the Union
Notable Qualities: Intelligent, good volcabulary

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I have never done anything to harm our sociostability, and because of this have never been apprehended or detained.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, I eat the suppliments, and drink the water that are supplied to us.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
My life has been under the care of the Union for some time, so in return, I would give my life for it.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, anything I do will be my own responsibility.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
As long as I stand, the Union will always have me as a faithful servant.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I, Malcom Meirs, Wish to join the Combine Civil Authority to ensure the safety of all of this wonderful citys citizens, to help those that have helped me, and, above all, to serve the Union in any way possible.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Malcom Meirs hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:34:08 PM by Mooch »
oh

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Malcom Meirs's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 07:39:32 PM »
UNIT: 03109
DIVISION: Universal Union
CLEARANCE: Commander
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Malcom Meirs>
Citizen Identification Number: 90331

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <UU.C45.CmD.03109>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline ur mom bob

• Mofag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [PENDING]Malcom Meirs's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 01:33:33 PM »
UNIT: 101
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: TrO
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...