Author Topic: Job: Firefighter  (Read 4178 times)

Offline Helljumper

• View Profile
    • Awards
Job: Firefighter
« on: August 05, 2012, 01:11:27 AM »
      Hey guys, It's Helljumper. I want to be a Firefighter. The main reason why is because I could never just sit down all day for my profession. Also I believe being a Firefighter is a calling, and it certainly has called me. I've been interested in this career for a long time. This calling takes qualities in people few have such as bravery, courage, and a level head. Do any of you want to be Firefighters? Let me know!
-Helljumper-

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: Job: Firefighter
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 02:12:41 PM »
 what.

I don't know what is the point of this but meh. I either want to be in the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) or Royal Canadian Mountie Police (RCMP).

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 02:50:45 PM »
I'm getting my prerequisites done to be a paramedic. Make sure you get your prerequisites done.

Offline Helljumper

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 10:20:02 PM »
I'm getting my prerequisites done to be a paramedic. Make sure you get your prerequisites done.
Thank you for mentioning this about prerequisites, do you know of any others that I should get done?
-Helljumper-

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 11:55:00 PM »
Thank you for mentioning this about prerequisites, do you know of any others that I should get done?
Depends on the school. For my paramedic course, I need Bio 30s, Chem 40s or Phys 40s, Two English 40 or an English 40 and a French 40, Emergency First Aid, Immunizations check, and a Class 4 licence. I have all those but the class 4...

Check the school you plan to go do and see what prerequisites you need. They should have them on their website.

Offline Helljumper

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 01:15:11 PM »
Depends on the school. For my paramedic course, I need Bio 30s, Chem 40s or Phys 40s, Two English 40 or an English 40 and a French 40, Emergency First Aid, Immunizations check, and a Class 4 licence. I have all those but the class 4...

Check the school you plan to go do and see what prerequisites you need. They should have them on their website.
Okay thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
-Helljumper-

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 01:58:52 PM »
I just searched one of the local colleges for you. Looks like all you need is a drivers licence, a high school diploma, and to be in good physical shape and condition.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 09:22:12 AM »
honestly I'd like to do this too. dunno why but it just seems like something I'd enjoy doing. anyone have any idea as to what the requirements are in vegas? googled it, couldn't really find anything as far as requirements go
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:24:19 AM by RoflWaffle »
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Kryptic

• I have downsyndrome
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 09:52:11 AM »
honestly I'd like to do this too. dunno why but it just seems like something I'd enjoy doing. anyone have any idea as to what the requirements are in vegas? googled it, couldn't really find anything as far as requirements go

yeah same this is something i feel i want to do aswell.

\r\n
[CG:SA] OzJackal has banned OzJackal for 12 hours (Gonna be very drunk, will probably do something dumb if I reconnect - its for my own good lol).

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 10:28:07 AM »
I know waffle is ready, you'd have the endure extreme heat and he lives in vegas lol

But yeah, isn't firefighter volunteering work?

Offline Jimbow0512

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »
I know waffle is ready, you'd have the endure extreme heat and he lives in vegas lol

But yeah, isn't firefighter volunteering work?

Depends where you live. Cities like New York, LA, Etc... Are all paid and full time job's. But if you live in town and that's not that big most likely its Volunteer. On another note ever since i was a kid i always wanted to become a firefighter/EMT at my local Department which is Volunteer. Truckies ftw.
James Healey- Alive, Loyalist

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal