Author Topic: I need a replacement keyboard, ideas?  (Read 7642 times)

Offline ReconPWN??????

• Reconfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I need a replacement keyboard, ideas?
« on: March 30, 2013, 09:51:36 PM »
So long story short, a few weeks ago I got tired of my wired keyboard and decided to buy a wireless cheapo keyboard that I just wanted to experiment with. Earlier today it ran out of batteries, I couldn't really get a good hold of the batteries to pull them out and I tried bending the keyboard a little to give me some slack to pull the batteries out of (Yes it's that cheap of a keyboard). So I decided to knock the batteries out with what I like to call a fast palm push. The first jab sent the first battery flying out. The second one broke my keyboard in two.

And here we are, I was looking for a silent keyboard that I could use. After my own research I'm thinking the X4 would be a step in the right direction. I'm not looking to spend anything over $100, so if you got any ideas feel free to share them.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: I need a replacement keyboard, ideas?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 11:29:04 PM »
stay away from razer whatever you do. i'm sure there'll be plenty of people who disagree but I've had the best experiences with cheap keyboards
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline ReconPWN??????

• Reconfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 11:54:36 PM »
Same, I'm not into the flashy cool kid glow that some "Gaming" keyboards give off. I usually just rotate through logitech keyboards here and there.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 12:21:46 AM »
Don't get the Saitek Cyborg 7. The drivers that dictate whether the lighting works are non-responsive half of the time, the media controls lock up whenever you have a fullscreen application running and the macro keys don't work at all. I would personally recommend any of the Logitech G# series.

Offline hogs

• [LOOC] Shane West: cash first.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 12:26:59 AM »
I've been using a Razer Blackwidow (original, no stupid backlit bullshit) and I can never go back to a non-mechanical keyboard.
But, if you must - both shift keys being held down: THEQCKBRWFXJEVERTHELAZY

I can't endorse Razer keyboards, but I can't say they're bad either. The new Blackwidow 2013's are shit, though. I've had my Blackwidow since 2010, so it's lasted me for a good while. I would reccomend an ORIGINAL Razer Blackwidow, but they don't sell them anymore unfortunately.

The last keyboard I used was a Logitech, it lasted me 8 years and it still worked like a charm. If you're not a fan of mechanical, you should stick with cheap Logitech keyboards.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 12:55:33 AM »
I've always used the cheap logitech keyboards. I got a wireless one with a mouse because I really don't need all the crazy gaming mouses and keyboards. They last, and even if they break they're really cheap. The one I have has worked perfectly ever since I bought it which was like 3 years ago.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:57:13 AM by Mr. Pettit »

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 03:35:50 AM »
I got a blackwidow 2013 edition. its nothing special, really noisy, wouldnt recommend.

Get a steelseries g6v2 Red edition. It uses the red cherry mx switches which are noiseless and are easy to press. Would have gotten it myself but a red edition one was too hard to get where i live.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 06:43:33 AM »
I got both wireless mouse and keyboard, both of GP and I bought them in one box. It serves me well, takes about 1 to 2 months to run out of battery. Very comfortable, and not expansive. Wasted about 100 NIS for them, which is about 35-40 bucks.
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline Rudolph the Master Blaster

• me and smt
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 07:29:10 AM »
My mouse and Keyboard is both from logitech, and rest assured they've lasted me YEARS. I've never had to replace them, only to slot in new batteries and what not. I've dropped them, spilt apple juice on them, sat on it once.. etc.

I would recommend this. It is a bit flashy yes but it's for the cosmetic sidehttp://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-002530-Gaming-Keyboard-G510/dp/B003VAK16O

But if you dont wanna spend that much money, I've always used non-mechanical keyboard and they've always worked for me so yea.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 07:39:40 AM »
dont bother arguing with your self mechanical or not, i know people who cant tell the difference/don't see the point in mechanical (after using them) and some who'd never stop using one, it's really personal preference and if you're just playing games doesn't really justify the extra price, any logitech keyboard and mouse is gonna work fine, though idk why people are using wireless, wired is so much better

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 07:53:29 AM »
I agree with SMT's last claim on wired being better. I've gone from a cheap Logitech wireless mouse to a wired cheap gaming mouse and I prefer it 100% My only issue with moving to wired is that you have that small amount of resistance when you use it as the wire in my case is pulling against the back of my PC Desk. This probably wont be the case for you but anyway back on topic.

I don't see a keyboard as a massive influence on games, you just have to be familiar with your piece of kit. Obviously if it's broken then you will need a new one but I've known people use them old white keyboards from the 90's and have no problem with them. You could get a keyboard costing £200 and you could play no better than you would with a £25 one, it really is your choice for your own needs.

I know nothing about mechanical keyboards or what is so different about them but honestly, I would reccomend going to a computer shop and trying them for feel before you buy one then probably go somewhere cheaper like amazon to actually order it. If it feels comfortable then that would probably be your best start to finding one you like, nobody can tell you what you like or don't like from a keyboard. It really is as simple as get what you need.

I've been having a look at cheap keyboards too and I've come across this and am still thinking about it, the only downside I see to this little cheap bit of kit is that it has a glossy touch on the keys which would feel odd to me.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-JQD-00006-Sidewinder-X4-Keyboard/dp/B0037KLSS8

Nothing I have said will probably help you as it's just unbais opinion but good luck in your search :P

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »
$20 M$ keyboard. Looks dece, really quiet, and it can withstand a raging PMSing girlfriend. Oh and its wires. Wireless keyboards and gaming dont mix.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 09:14:18 PM »
Do you want a mechanical keyboard or dome/regular?

I have http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-ultimate/ and its pretty fucking awesome.

Offline ReconPWN??????

• Reconfag
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 10:18:52 PM »
Do you want a mechanical keyboard or dome/regular?

I have http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-ultimate/ and its pretty fucking awesome.

Nah, I'm looking for a quiet keyboard so far I'm leaning toward the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 as a economical solution. But I'm open to anything else in a silent category.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 06:50:15 AM »
I have the Logitech G11 keyboard for nearly 7 years and it still works as if it is new. It looks quite nice and it has a lot of Macro keys for programming. Its not a cheap keyboard though, and it is not really quiet either.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal