Author Topic: The half life world in 2000 years.  (Read 3997 times)

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The half life world in 2000 years.
« on: December 14, 2011, 06:21:12 PM »
Well, this came into my head just now. It's quite interesting to think about and compare to what you think IRL will be in 2000 years to what you think HL will be in 2000 years. Anyways, some examples:

Perhaps the combine have completely destroyed earth and continue to reign terror as the universal empire it is?

Have the combine finally been thrown out of the world, but the humans are lacking a proper government, economy, etc,?

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The half life world in 2000 years.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 06:26:44 PM »
If the people of earth did over throw the combine and started tod envelop the government everything will most likely an anacharist state basically

In 2000 of THe hu,ands didn't overthrew the combine everybody would be dead if the suppression field came back up
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 06:40:42 PM »
If the people of earth did over throw the combine and started tod envelop the government everything will most likely an anacharist state basically

In 2000 of THe hu,ands didn't overthrew the combine everybody would be dead if the suppression field came back up

Good point about the 'anarchist state'. Are you saying something like Fallout? That would be pretty interesting.

Offline Ryan

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 08:17:21 PM »
2000 years, that's hard to fathum, think we went from dirt and rocks to hd tv's in 2000 years...
Character Status:

Citizen Forname: Anthony
Citizen Surname: Delgrosso
Citizen Identification: 56514
Citizen Status: Healthy
Faction: Loyalist (Unemployed)

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »

Good point about the 'anarchist state'. Are you saying something like Fallout? That would be pretty interesting.
Yep, that is what I mean. Earth would be in a state of hell and chaos. Just like Fallout
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 09:13:38 PM »
2000 years, that's hard to fathum, think we went from dirt and rocks to hd tv's in 2000 years...

Compare that to my questions= let your imagination run wild

Offline GRID

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 09:20:55 PM »
If Freeman died somehow, there would be no earth in 2000 years. However, if he lived, he would of got the Combine out of earth. I know how stupid that sounds, but it's true :S

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 05:00:03 AM »
I think the whole purpose of the Combine being present on Earth was to eventually recruit them into the actual proper Combine - as in the collection of races that form up the whole branch of the Union. That's the whole point of the water wiping the memory, so humanity would reach the eventual point where they no longer remembered the fact the Combine invaded and basically enslaved their race.

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 07:33:08 AM »
The most prominent purpose for the "Combine" to have invaded earth and currently reside on it, is because they are leaching our resources and technology, yes as theirs is more advanced than ours you would ask why do they need it? The simple answer is that they are a combination of intergalactic organisms that obtained bits and pieces of every species they overthrow or converge within their own union. Hence the given name "Combine" but getting back on topic I would say that the only reason humanity had even the slightest chance of taking back the world is because we haven't even seen 0.00000001% of the species they possess.

Like I've said in a previous post, advisors could even be the ground units, and have a whole network of chain of command. Topics like this are very picky, as we do not know much about them so all we really can do is give educated estimations, but even then that is rarely sufficient.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 11:25:28 AM »
Funny thing is that there will be no earth to live on in 2000 years. With or without the combine, that doesn't matter.
We'll be ran out of resources within 500 years so in 2000 years? We'll either live on a new planet, or on space stations. That is my guess.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal