Author Topic: [May 10, 2013] OCRP2 Update 9 - The Big Sexy Model Update  (Read 7120 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[May 10, 2013] OCRP2 Update 9 - The Big Sexy Model Update
« on: May 10, 2013, 08:52:13 AM »

A big thanks to Half-Dead for creating these models for us!
Download it here: http://www.grey-hat.net/ocrpmodels.zip
If using the OCRP Content SVN, just update that!

The download is an addon format. Put the folder in the ZIP inside your addons folder

Update 9 is right around the corner. And because it is so awesome, this post is being made HOURS before it's even considered to be released.

That's right folks, the Big Sexy Model Update, an update probably very few of you have heard about, is now here! We have an entirely new system for models, clothes, and job models. But don't worry, everything looks the same to you all. The difference is the models now allow us to keep the same model and face when switching jobs. So I have spent the past couple hours working on getting this system perfected so that we could best use these amazing models given to us. With the exception of SWAT you will now keep your model when switching jobs. The only thing to change will be clothes.

There are 15 seperate base models to choose from. Each model will have 5 sets of clothes, 1 of which is gold member only. There are 9 male models and 6 female models to choose from.

Speaking of the clothes. Every model has 5 different sets of clothing, the same for each model that is male and the same for all female models. And the awesome thing is that these models were made with our coloring system in mind, so each model has colorable features (except jobs of course).

When you join the server for the first time once this update is actually released you will be prompted to select one of the new models. It is just like going to the model changer at the hospital, but FREE! And in honor of this momentous occasion all model changes are half off. So what was 10k is now 5k for the next week or so.

In addition, the clothes that are normally $2,500 for a set are now going on sale for $1,250 for this weekend in celebration of this update. Please know that all wardrobes will be reset when this update releases due to the difference in models. No refunds will be given of anything in the wardrobes.

But wait, this update has more than just new models! That's right folks. In addition to the models we have fixed numerous bugs as well as added in a few new features. For administrators we have created a new admin notice system that works like aadvert on HRP or abroadcast on HL2RP. Administrators can use the command /anotice to issue a server administrator notice.

Other features added included an improvement to the Operation Turtle Beach system. In addition to the hints when activated, it will show in the middle of the screen for around 10 seconds, and then it will also show if you are in a vehicle right above your info bars at the bottom of your screen.

Speaking of vehicles, this update brings us the introduction to vehicle starting systems. This is still just a rough system but it works. When you get in your vehicle it will not start automatically. You must press your reload bind (default r) and then it will start. But beware, carbombs will not go off until the engine is started as they require the starter to ignite for it to explode.

Some smaller things to note: The scoreboard has been given a small update. It now shows what server you are in when you press tab, both in the lower right hand corner and next to the player count at the top. Also, the RP name and job are on separate lines, and the avatar has been reduced slightly to give more for the outline of the job color. Also, the job name on the scoreboard is colored the same as the jobs colors to help make it stand out.

Also changed in this update was the actions of /advert and /it. They no longer show the name in the actual chat. So an advert will show "(ADVERT): Come on down!" and an /it will show "** An erie sound is heard." (similar to HL2RP.) In addition, /admin is now able to be used without the chat saying dmin.

There is one other thing being worked on, but it may not appear in this update. The Mayor donation box is showing a return but is being worked on to offer the best possible opportunity without ruining the economy system by an influx of money to the mayor.

There will be no overall changelog posted as this about does it. The rest of the day will be spent sleeping, then fixing it up when I wake up. When this is released another thread will be posted.

Please PLEASE download the files prior to joining the server. We will hopefully have them on a download system but it is not guaranteed. There will be a hint ingame for the next few days once it is released stating the fact as well.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:37:12 PM by KarmaLord »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [May 10, 2013] OCRP2 Update 9 - The Big Sexy Model Update
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 09:02:07 AM »
Various images from this update: (Please excuse the text about the sexy model update, that is the dev server letting players know who join that it is live and running. and my cash is also dev, it is not used at all for anything in the live servers.)

OTB Announcement:
Click to see the original size.

OTB In-Car and hint for starting your car:

Admin notice:

Admin God-Stick improvement (gear showing on screen):

Scoreboard update (excuse my owner-ness. it's development stuff):

Preview of two of the new Mayor models:
Click to see the original size.Click to see the original size.

Various images of the models:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 10:27:03 AM by KarmaLord »

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 09:13:57 AM »
Oh my, this is an awesome update! Great job.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 11:32:24 AM »
obby

I can't wait to play with this update now, great work!

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 11:42:02 AM »
Love it.

Inb4 everybody becomes a woman now though
what

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Something is creating script errors
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 12:05:29 PM »

Pedo cop.

Offline Sean Archer

• I do love me some titty sprinkles...
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 12:15:06 PM »
I DL'd the models and put them into my addons, and I am not getting some cop errors and the nexus fountain error...

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »
The OP has been updated with the following:

In addition, the clothes that are normally $2,500 for a set are now going on sale for $1,250 for this weekend in celebration of this update. Please know that all wardrobes will be reset when this update releases due to the difference in models. No refunds will be given of anything in the wardrobes.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 12:28:21 PM »
I've updated the SVN with the newest models.

If you're using the SVN content pack, you will just have to right click your folder, and press "SVN Update".

Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Sean Archer

• I do love me some titty sprinkles...
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2013, 12:33:55 PM »
I've updated the SVN with the newest models.

If you're using the SVN content pack, you will just have to right click your folder, and press "SVN Update".

Thanks, I was hoping for the SVN version of it.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 01:04:46 PM »
Me, RTLK, Fanatic, and Brandon managed to get a whole bunch of screenshots the day we put these models in the dev server. Here's what we got:
Spoiler for screenshots:
The checkered shirt clothing was a little broken in the last screenshot because that was taken before I got the last file needed.

Also, this is old but for those who don't know yet:

Pls stop saying that the mini can't be towed, ty  8)

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 02:01:21 PM »
So finally Firemen have helmets, Cool cool.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 02:13:44 PM »
Very nice update. Only thing I would suggest changing in the models would be the "69" on the fireman helmet. It's kind of unnecessary.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 02:20:05 PM »
Very nice update. Only thing I would suggest changing in the models would be the "69" on the fireman helmet. It's kind of unnecessary.

That and do females have helmets as well? Are the helmets removable? Are they only for males?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 02:24:54 PM »

That and do females have helmets as well? Are the helmets removable? Are they only for males?

Females does not have helmets, don't ask me why. Helmets are not removeable, as they are a part of the model itself, and not just a prop for itself. That would be pretty nice, maybe for a future update, and something like this could be triggered in a government option panel. Together with other government options :)
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal