Author Topic: "A Taste of the Outlands"  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
"A Taste of the Outlands"
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:57:09 PM »
//This book is an IC book beng written by Jennifer Hanson. The only way to retrieve this book is from her person. This information is not to be metagamed and if you stea my antlion stew recipe I will hunt you down and end your life.//

Author's Notes-
                           This book is being written by I, Jennifer Hanson, so that I may not only keep track of all the things I create and see, but for me to share it with future readers. If this book has no been filled out for the fact that someone has stolen it or because I'm dead, continue it for me.

ANTLION STEW: 6/7/2017
*This recipe was actually quite delicious. People have been telling me that antlion meat tastes terrible and that it shouldn't be eaten. After an antlion raid, I took some of the meat from one of the soldiers and threw it in a pot and made a stew. It actually tastes a lot like chicken. Here's the recipe...

-6lbs antlion soldier meat (Preferably from chest region)
-Equivalent of three cans of water
-Local herbs

*Cook at about 200 degrees on an oven in a stew pot for about two hours to give a nice texture. The meat cooks suprisingly fast, and absorbs added flavors very well. For every pound of meat added, add a cup and a half of water to the pot and kick up the timeframe by 20 minutes.
*Two make an even more delicious meal, switch out the antlion soldier meat with antlion guard meat. The recipe remains the same and the timeframe does as well. If you wish to add other ingredients, kick up the time by 15 minutes per pound of the substance.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: "A Taste of the Outlands"
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 11:34:43 PM »
BEER ROASTED RABBIT: 6/24/2017

*I must say, rabbit does taste much better than antlion meat. If you are not the kind of person who would eat creatures that are not of our planet, this recipe is for you!

-Cleaned rabbit meat
-One bottle of beer
-Local hrebs/plants
-Salted liquid (Desirable, not needed. Used to prep pan.)

*This recipe is too be cooked on a pan or skillet rather than a pot. A slab of sheet metal will do if you don't have proper cooking tools. Heat the pan to abut 300 degrees, and pour a liquid on the pan (Water, not beer!). After the pan has been heated, place the pieces of cleaned rabbit meat on the pan. To clean the meat, simply slice off the fur layer. Leave the fat on, it adds flavor!
*Allow the one side to cook for approxametly five minutes before flipping. After both sides have been cooked, turn down the heat to around 125 degrees. Wait for a few moment before pouring about half a bottle's worth of beer over to various pieces. Then, season with your herbs.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal