Author Topic: Suicide isn't funny  (Read 7790 times)

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Suicide isn't funny
« on: December 08, 2012, 02:28:46 PM »

I did not find this too humorous. I don't know what its about, and honestly it's not funny at all. Just please keep me out of these nasty discussions.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suicide isn't funny
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 02:51:55 PM »
I'm not sure how this could be considered a 'discussion' but ok,
If this is a discussion about suicide, then here is my opinion
I don't have any respect for someone who suicides, if you can't handle abuse, then you shouldn't be living, when you suicide, you're not only hurting yourself, but everyone around you who actually loved you

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 07:33:38 PM »
Not everyone is an Amanda Todd when it comes to suicide Tyler. There are some people in this world who are suicidal not because they want life to be perfect but because their life is actually shit and they feel they don't belong in this world. Give those who deserve it respect and lose the respect for the assholes of society who exclude people, who harass and threaten people, and who go out of their way to make someone elses life shit.

In other words, dont disrespect people who commit suicide. A number of them deserve some respect and mourning. Not all, but some.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 08:36:34 PM »
We aren't disrespecting the people who have committed suicide, we are disrespecting the people who we are referring suicide to... Like SMT in the suicide #yolo #swag whatever the fuck thread you just showed to us. I'm not acting angry but i want to inform you that's what people are actually meaning. If you don't think it's funny you can ignore it.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 10:20:31 PM »
Welcome to the internet, sir. Where nothing should be taken seriously. But like Rory said, if it ain't your cup of tea just keep on scrolling. No sense getting panties in a bunch over something like that. But all in all, in my harsh and totally uncaring opinion, suicide is for the weak.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 10:37:23 PM »
smt would like everyone to know that he didn't set the topic discussion

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 10:44:07 PM »
Why is this even here? Why should we care about what decisions people make on their own lives? Maybe sometimes the reasons people kill themselves, is to get away from others not minding their own buisness. We should stop caring and start solving. Can't help them get over it? They're either over-reacting or have a medical condition. They want to kill themselves? Don't be selfish and make them suffer, let them kill themselves. If it'll make them happier, then by all means let them be happier.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 10:54:17 PM »
Suicide is a choice though, it's almost similar to finishing yourself off when you in agony of pain. You can help them, but sometimes it will not work. From past experience, depending on who they are or what they can be, I wouldn't seem a problem not to bother them at all. If you really do wanna help them go ahead, but they are on the road of doing what they want to do, not what you want them to do.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 10:55:44 PM »
I think it doesn't set a good example when things like this go on. It's quite disrespectful to the people who have things like, depression and all those things. Its almost as if rofl wants SMT to commit suicide with that comment. It's not cool, set a better example about the community.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 10:57:50 PM »
Suicide is a choice though, it's almost similar to finishing yourself off when you in agony of pain. You can help them, but sometimes it will not work. From past experience, depending on who they are or what they can be, I wouldn't seem a problem not to bother them at all. If you really do wanna help them go ahead, but they are on the road of doing what they want to do, not what you want them to do.

That's pretty much the basis of what I was saying. You can't force yourself upon them to help them get better. The only difference I point out, is to say to just leave them alone and let them think things out. If they desire your attention, then give it to them if you want. It's your choice on how to help them. You can do what they say, no matter how drastic just to make them feel better, or you can improvise and do other things to help make their lives better for them. It's always a choice, no matter if they're sick or not. The sickness gives them only two options, suicide or deal with it. Some chose suicide while others live on with their lives, for the better or for the worse.

Also i've delt with depression. So I know what you're trying to say Kyle.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:59:45 PM by Chris Hansen »

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 10:59:32 PM »
My initial point in this thread was to address the topic of "is suicide appropriate to joke about?".

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 11:00:46 PM »
My initial point in this thread was to address the topic of "is suicide appropriate to joke about?".

It's the internet, no one cares if it actually hurts them. Or might I say, very few people care. If they're the reason the depressed person(s) kill themself, then they either wouldn't know, or wouldn't care.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 11:02:21 PM »

It's the internet, no one cares if it actually hurts them. Or might I say, very few people care. If they're the reason the depressed person(s) kill themself, then they either wouldn't know, or wouldn't care.
So do you agree that it wasn't appropriate for the owner of catalyst-gaming to post that?

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 11:03:40 PM »
We have a lot more things out there that they joke about that are worse than what you think isn't appropriate. So if you don't think it is... turn your head away.

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 11:05:56 PM »

So do you agree that it wasn't appropriate for the owner of catalyst-gaming to post that?

It's so meaningless it really doesn't...even matter. He was trying to be funny with a friend who he knows won't committ suicide. The dude is comfortable with this guy and he will joke with him. He doesn't go to random members and shout KILL YOURSELF over the internet at them for no reason unless it's in SPAM which it says "Do not take anything seriously here, enter at your own risk."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal