Author Topic: cop radio and iphone.  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
cop radio and iphone.
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:03:56 AM »
(Cop radio) it is really hand to use. The only problem I have, and  heard people talk about is when you go talk to someone they can't hear you and you can't hear them because someone is talking on the radio. So if there is a way to toggle the radio so you can turn it off and on Or even turn the radio  up and down so you can hear the person you are talking to on the street.

(IPhone) I have heard and think it would be cool or a good idea if gov.base jobs can use there phone. It would be really helpful
For example: you are a cop and you are doing a investigation of a shooting or a missing persons (which in the game have done) you can't really get a hold of the person unless you track them down which is hard. Or a tow truck you impound someone's car, you can call them saying look your car was not stolen its in the impound lot come pick it up after you show proof  of I'd and extra.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Nacho

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: cop radio and iphone.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:44:52 AM »
Yeah. I think the cop radio suggestion would be really nice, because you cannot hear what people are saying when your talking to them face to face when the radio is on.
To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 08:55:13 AM »
There should be a timed turn off period that you can use with the radio. So you click a button in your inventory or press a key, and it goes off for ~5 minutes. That would prevent cops from being useless by just turning their radios off all the time but still allow you to speak easily when you're face to face with someone. Maybe give it a re-use cool down as well. When you turn it off, it turns back on in five minutes, and then you can't turn it off again for another 5. Not as convenient as having just a plain off button but it will stop most government officials from being dumb and just keeping their radio off the whole time they have the job.

Government officials should not be using their phones. There's no need for it, especially considering they're personal and not government supplied. If there was a new phone for the government officials that worked and looked different, maybe this could work.

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 09:09:00 AM »
Alright sweet all have to look into that radio thing. And yeah I understand what you are doing with the phone and it seems like you understand where I am coming from.. Thank you for reading my post and replying

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 09:11:26 AM »
I disagree with what kronic said about the phone.  It's very useful if you do an undercover operation with a citizen. As for the police radio, yes please do something. I hate when cops just scream into their mic.

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 11:34:39 AM »
Another possibility could be, when you are talking in your mic while you are one of the gov. jobs it would simply lower the volume of the gov. radio.

Maybe add the ability to mute gov. jobs for 30 secs or so (with a hint: You have been muted for 30 seconds)

I would like to support this. Because when you are playing dispatcher and someone calls you on the phone, it is really hard to hear them, because of the gov. radio

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 03:02:08 PM »
Wait you guys think theres a problem keeping the Police radios on?! I think theres a problem keeping them off! A problem which is constantly occouring is having too many people spamming the channels when someone is trying to input important information, i would prefer if the police radio was only connected to a dispatch, where all reports and such would go to the dispatch who would have a "Global police chat" which would reach all officers.

Example:
*Officer 1:Toggles police radio* "Dispatch, i've got a speeding ford focus heading to sub's 1 via hospital route, requesting backup over"
*Dispatch to all officers* "Officer 1 is requesting backup in a persuit with a ford focus heading to sub's 1 via hospital route, all nearby officers who are able please respond".

Now i understand that this would be difficult if there was no dispatch on duty, so that is why i think that officers should also have their radio perform normaly when there is no dispatch, however once a dispatch is on duty all officer radio communication will be diverted to the dispatch who can in turn act as the nervous system of the police force.

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 03:44:02 PM »
Wait you guys think theres a problem keeping the Police radios on?! I think theres a problem keeping them off! A problem which is constantly occouring is having too many people spamming the channels when someone is trying to input important information, i would prefer if the police radio was only connected to a dispatch, where all reports and such would go to the dispatch who would have a "Global police chat" which would reach all officers.

Example:
*Officer 1:Toggles police radio* "Dispatch, i've got a speeding ford focus heading to sub's 1 via hospital route, requesting backup over"
*Dispatch to all officers* "Officer 1 is requesting backup in a persuit with a ford focus heading to sub's 1 via hospital route, all nearby officers who are able please respond".

Now i understand that this would be difficult if there was no dispatch on duty, so that is why i think that officers should also have their radio perform normaly when there is no dispatch, however once a dispatch is on duty all officer radio communication will be diverted to the dispatch who can in turn act as the nervous system of the police force.

You sir! You deserve a medal! I really like that idea. Well thought!

Offline ?«SG.Sup?? | Sir.Scottx125

• Gondorian Royal Tower Guard
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 07:50:32 PM »
You sir! You deserve a medal! I really like that idea. Well thought!

I try :).

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 07:21:34 PM »
idk what  is going to be done about this but the radio mute for 5min or less really needs to happen there so many kids just spamming the mic and when i do a traffic stop the person am stopping can not hear me cuz kids are spamming the mic...

and the iphone as am playing someone broke in to sub 3 and cops arrested them and we cant get ahold of the owner of the house to tell him that his house just got broken into.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 12:26:44 AM »

Example:

This please. Just a quick sugegstion on this. Make the /radio command send to all police, regardless the status on dispatch. By removing the cell phone, its the only way we can still communicate to each other. That being said, add a rule "you may only respond to requests from /radio if no dispatch is available." ALso, if no dispatch is available, make /911 visible to ONLY dispatch.

As for the iPhone, i cant remember if this was done already but enable it for dispatch so cops can tell him/her to call the person. This is normally how it works IRL too.

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
Bump about the 3min mute of the cop radio and iphone

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 02:15:23 PM »
I disagree with what kronic said about the phone.  It's very useful if you do an undercover operation with a citizen. As for the police radio, yes please do something. I hate when cops just scream into their mic.

I agree what you say there Wakeboard but we should go even further with that. There should be a strict rule on radio usage. Only using it when needed. But also the radio shouldn't turn off the text chat, just mics. Because you still need to be able to communicate and I am 100% sure that people will just leave it off so they can go do their own thing and ignore the rest of the force. Yes, you can demote, but odds are its not going to happen that often.

Offline fergfin

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 06:16:20 PM »
Whenever I'm gov, I usually go fireman or EMS, so when I am asking where it hurts for some guy who got hit by a car, I can't hear his response because of all the kids screaming, "Ahh, help me! Theres a guy with a knife! I need backup!" or "I need backup now! Someone just punched my f@$& car!"

So I think there should definitely be a toggle, and maybe when you toggle, a message appears on /radio saying "I am 10-7 temporarily". And then your radio is off until you toggle it back on, then a message in /radio says, "I am 10-8".

Offline Nacho Libre

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 06:58:26 PM »
what was brought up in a different form with mUte the radio mic for three minutes and then it comes on on its own. And cops should have phones because if they need to get hold of a person during this situation they can call them. Cops in real life use phone all the time. I would know I have family that are cops.

for example there was a complaint at Sub1 and I had to get ahold of the house owner because of a robbery happen in this house and I could not get a hold of the owner because I did not have a phone. So later down the road the owner Went on occ pissed and said cop should have looked for him or called him. And it is hard to find someone if you don't know what they look like with the name!. (Without meta gaming which a lot of cops due)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal