Author Topic: Regarding the new v33x map.  (Read 5234 times)

Offline Frosty

• Dont sweat my swag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Regarding the new v33x map.
« on: February 10, 2012, 07:29:49 PM »
Alright, this was recorded in singleplayer, (http://youtu.be/YnNfQxHno5s (FYI The account name was made when I was 9) note my fps is normally 60 and it goes to 20-25 on normal. but looking at the place it drops to like 5. I don't know why this is and I don't know how to fix it, It will be VERY annoying because it happens wherever I am at the map.

Maybe it's a coding error? I just know that I cannot raid, defend a raid, and drive that well with this, and most people will be on the new server, any help is appreciated.

Video: http://youtu.be/YnNfQxHno5s

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Regarding the new v33x map.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 07:34:27 PM »
I'm moving this to support for you, as "Bug Reports" is for OCRP bugs- things that Crap-Head needs to fix.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 07:39:31 PM »
What settings do you play on? Try playing on a lower resolution and in windowed mode. Also try lowering your graphics settings to medium or low. If all of that fails, I think it's your PC. Do you know what your specs are?

Offline Frosty

• Dont sweat my swag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 08:42:58 PM »
I play on the highest res, and even when I lower it it still does the same.
As for the specs, 86-based PC
TOSHIBA Satekkute L505D
X86-Based PChlon(tm) II Dual-Core M300
AMD Athlon(tm) II Dual-Core M300, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
3.00 GB RAM

All I could really find.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 10:18:24 PM »
I play on the highest res, and even when I lower it it still does the same.
As for the specs, 86-based PC
TOSHIBA Satekkute L505D
X86-Based PChlon(tm) II Dual-Core M300
AMD Athlon(tm) II Dual-Core M300, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
3.00 GB RAM

All I could really find.
Do you know what graphics card you have?

Hint: Download Speccy. You can see what's inside of your PC.
http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

Offline Frosty

• Dont sweat my swag
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 10:34:04 PM »
I have a laptop, and do you have to pay for that thing? It says I have to lol...

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 10:53:52 PM »
I have a laptop, and do you have to pay for that thing? It says I have to lol...
Nope. The first selection says:
Speccy
Free
No Support

Download from:
       FileHippo.com
       Piriform.com

Choose a place to download from and download it. The other ones cost money, but the free version is all you need.

Offline Super Supreme Admiral Justin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 03:07:39 AM »
Alright, this was recorded in singleplayer, (http://youtu.be/YnNfQxHno5s (FYI The account name was made when I was 9) note my fps is normally 60 and it goes to 20-25 on normal. but looking at the place it drops to like 5. I don't know why this is and I don't know how to fix it, It will be VERY annoying because it happens wherever I am at the map.

Maybe it's a coding error? I just know that I cannot raid, defend a raid, and drive that well with this, and most people will be on the new server, any help is appreciated.

Video: http://youtu.be/YnNfQxHno5s

I always noticed some lag around the izzy palace place but not enough to effect my game play. You have the CC overflow launch option thing right? I don't know the command right off the top of my head. Maybe someone else has it in here?
Graphic artist | Web Designer | Gamer

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 04:26:34 AM »
Obviosly it's no coding error as you have not tried it on our server. 

Its your PC. V33x requires a very good PC to run due to the many details and the large size.

Only thing of can try is to lower your settings. Nothing else will work.

I'm having lag there as well, but it's not that much. It depends your PC.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:28:38 AM by Crap-Head »
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Frosty

• Dont sweat my swag
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 07:53:49 AM »
It's so weird because I get like 40+ fps everywhere else, and just at that one spot I get like 5..

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 08:01:38 AM »
It's so weird because I get like 40+ fps everywhere else, and just at that one spot I get like 5..
I'm guessing there's a lot of detail that goes in that area of the map. The rest of the map isn't much, if you think about it. Road, grass, trees, few buildings here and there.

Offline Frosty

• Dont sweat my swag
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 08:04:23 AM »
Now that I think about, it (And further map exploration in single player) those are the only buildings in the map that use new high-res textures for wallpaper, flooring, etc.. when I lower my graphics the textures do not change. So I guess I will just have to deal with it, thank you for all your help :).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal