Author Topic: What is the real difference between a CCA Recruit and a CCA Officer?  (Read 9086 times)

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What is the real difference between a CCA Recruit and a CCA Officer?
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2012, 04:54:39 PM »
ZEALOT hc has a problem. Its been a week now and my 01 hasnt had the chance to appraose two zealot units due to the DvL not being online.

VICE doesnt seem to have a problem. Good command there.

SHIELD is getting fixed by yagrum. Whoever the nick dude is should gtfo. Never heard of him. He has zero leadership skill compared to Yagrums awesomeness.

JURY high command is in the shitter. I also have to appraise two JURY units but same thing, inactive.

Sadly, I'm the only ZEALOT that can be on during busy hours thanks to my timezone. The rest live in far away gayboy lands. But, I've placed my LOA, my reason being that my motherboard died. I hope that some ZEALOT units take my position of activity while I'm fixing this issue, but until then. You're stuck without me.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2012, 05:36:12 PM »
ZEALOT hc has a problem. Its been a week now and my 01 hasnt had the chance to appraose two zealot units due to the DvL not being online.

VICE doesnt seem to have a problem. Good command there.

SHIELD is getting fixed by yagrum. Whoever the nick dude is should gtfo. Never heard of him. He has zero leadership skill compared to Yagrums awesomeness.

JURY high command is in the shitter. I also have to appraise two JURY units but same thing, inactive.

I'm Australian. I get up at 5:30AM and I'm online on steam/forums until 8:00AM and I'm on the server for at least 20-30 minutes of those mornings. I can't get up any earlier.

Oh and for those asking about ZEALOT activity, 2 of my guys are currently LOA and one is kind of 'LOA', as in he'll play once or twice a week but I can't really get an answer as to why - and since I only have 6 units including myself that's effectively 50% of the squad currently being LOA.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 05:38:00 PM by raged »

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 09:39:47 PM »
I think this thread is being derailed. It's disheartening to see you guys debate which division or individual is to blame for this mess. This just goes to show how divided we are.

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 10:21:52 PM »
I was trained by Sheo, and I must admit that I was face palming the whole way. When he tried to teach us interrogation he didn't even give us information on ways how to do it, but just defined what interrogation was and proceeded to show how he did interrogations. It was a nice attempt but did not cover most of what was posted in jury forums. I felt like I knew more then he did on how to interrogate, which I probably did because all you have to do is read one post and you have the jist of it.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 10:24:35 PM »
Divided? It's essentially unanimous that VICE isn't an issue. Wiping VICE HC just punishes us for being good.

To solve the problem: Wipe JURY, SHIELD and commanders. Has anybody even seen Triv since he got his step? I've been pulling all nighters for quite a few days now, and haven't seen him.

In anycase: What seperates a recruit and an officer, is months of good character development, performance, dedicated service, and knowledge of the server itself.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 11:04:22 PM »
You seem to be showing elitism to VICE. Stop it now, you are apart of High Command, not VICE-Only High Command. If there is a wipe, you ALL get wiped, no exceptions. Although I don't have a say in the CCA anymore, it is still the fair thing to do.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 11:59:19 PM »
You seem to be showing elitism to VICE. Stop it now, you are apart of High Command, not VICE-Only High Command. If there is a wipe, you ALL get wiped, no exceptions. Although I don't have a say in the CCA anymore, it is still the fair thing to do.

I agree.  If there is to be a wipe, wipe EVERYTHING, then let units who show promise and activity be promoted, even if that means that the person we just took out of HC was best suited.  If it comes to that, then they have obviously earned back their position.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 12:06:51 AM »
... Yes, lets penalize players who have been serving well.
It's either the players who have no stake in HC, or else have personal gain on the table, who are supporting a full wipe.

Wiping VICE serves no fucking purpose - Is it elitist to say? I don't think so, but I don't care. Is there a reason to wipe VICE? Creating an illusion of equality when you're really just getting rid of a perfect model of a division's HC? Sounds TOTALLY justified.

Wipe the problems, not the helpers.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:16:22 AM by Globey »
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2012, 12:23:09 AM »
... Yes, lets penalize players who have been serving well.
It's either the players who have no stake in HC, or else have personal gain on the table, who are supporting a full wipe.

Wiping VICE serves no fucking purpose - Is it elitist to say? I don't think so, but I don't care. Is there a reason to wipe VICE? Creating an illusion of equality when you're really just getting rid of a perfect model of a division's HC? Sounds TOTALLY justified.

Wipe the problems, not the helpers.
Sometimes you have to get rid of good stuff that's mixed in with the bad stuff to fix the entire thing. That's life. Don't like it? Go back a few grades and try again.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2012, 12:34:56 AM »
You're basing that off of some petty moral sentiment. You yourself said that VICE was performing well. It's hardly necessary at all - Perhaps it would be, if we're talking about individual units scattered across divisions. However, we're talking about an entre division's High Command that's doing well.

Quite frankly, I hate boasting, so I'm just gonna waltz out of this thread and let the 'righteous' have their way.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2012, 12:44:11 AM »
VICE is doing well, however if you're going to clean out one thing, you might as well clean the rest. I know it doesn't make sense to you but you'll understand as time goes by. Basically, remove the VICE leaders. If they really are as good as you say then they'll have no problem getting the position back.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2012, 12:58:52 AM »
VICE is doing well, however if you're going to clean out one thing, you might as well clean the rest. I know it doesn't make sense to you but you'll understand as time goes by. Basically, remove the VICE leaders. If they really are as good as you say then they'll have no problem getting the position back.

Quote from: Jonco
If the current High Command were to be wiped, it would lead units to leave the CCA.

^

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2012, 03:17:12 AM »
I was trained by Sheo, and I must admit that I was face palming the whole way. When he tried to teach us interrogation he didn't even give us information on ways how to do it, but just defined what interrogation was and proceeded to show how he did interrogations. It was a nice attempt but did not cover most of what was posted in jury forums. I felt like I knew more then he did on how to interrogate, which I probably did because all you have to do is read one post and you have the jist of it.

You said you were already taught by a CmD how to interrogate and specifically asked me not to rehash anything - so I taught you something new -.-

Don't complain to me about something and then badmouth me the next moment because I let you do something you asked to do.

Now, on the ONTOPIC discussion:

You know how the previous reform got fucked up? People asked for exceptions. And then one HC unit and another HC and another bitched and kicked and whined and moaned until the entirety of HC was left intact. If a wipes gonna happen - Let the fuckin' wipe happen, and take it. This is something that will benefit ALL of CCA. It's impossible to say "Only people who are supporting this have personal gain involved" Because:

A) Burning started this discussion, and he stepped down from JURY DvL
B) Some of the people supporting this discussion aren't even members of the CCA
C) You can't isolate anyone for 'personal gain' about something that will improve the CCA as a whole.

In other words, People wanna bitch about the CCA being fucked up? Wipe High Command. That's where most of the problems slip through at.

It's selfish to try and stop something like that. Besides - no names here, but I've heard complaints from people in VICE about their division as well.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2012, 10:48:44 AM »
I really don't blame Globey for not wanting VICE to be wiped. I've personally RPd with him on multiple occasions and can tell you he does his job well and he's very active. Can you really blame someone for not wanting to give up what they love that they rightfully earned through months of hard work because others messed up? I can't because I wouldn't want to either.

It's easy to say, "Yeah, we should wipe all high command" when you're an 05 or nowhere near getting a high command position. It's not something people who have worked hard for months to get that position would just say agree with. I know everyone's saying that if they're really that good, they'll get their position back, but wipes leave room for favoritism to flourish and this would be a good place to get rid of someone good at their job that earned their position and slip it to someone new just because that feels right or because that person kisses a lot of ass.

On the other hand, sometimes everyone has to pay for one groups fuck ups. Just like with the reform, enlisted ranks had to pay for the other guys who didn't know their job. But don't flame Globey for wanting to keep what he's earned.

Overall though, if you're going to wipe HC, you may as well wipe it all. Keeping certain division's HC could be seen as favoritism to others, causing more drama.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2012, 12:04:47 PM »
I really don't blame Globey for not wanting VICE to be wiped. I've personally RPd with him on multiple occasions and can tell you he does his job well and he's very active. Can you really blame someone for not wanting to give up what they love that they rightfully earned through months of hard work because others messed up? I can't because I wouldn't want to either.

I agree entirely with this section. However i do not agree with the idea that keeping good HC members would be viewed as 'Elitist' or 'Favourtism', it's simply not fair to punish people for mistakes that others make. Why could the standard unit speak to SatN over keeping his unit if he was viewed as a good roleplayer? Because it would be unfair and frankly make us look like a terrible community if we randomly threw out punishments to those who did not deserve it.

The same thing applies to HC. You cannot simply toss everybody away simply because it would be easier and cause less drama. If the players who got tossed out of HC want to complain, let them, explain to them why they got thrown out and if they continue to try and cause drama just for the sake of it, ban them.

"Oh well, if we let one HC through more will want to follow" We're not talking about other divisions here, we're talking about VICE. Who have been doing an amazing job as staying active and keeping their division afloat. Globey is probably one of the most active HC members i've ever seen on the server.
I think this should come down to a review of each division, i know we're all on the JURY hate train (and quite rightly) at this point, so it's rather obvious what is going to happen there. I cannot really speak for sheild, but i have not seen any of their HC on in days either (Again, i apologise if Yagrum is infact active).

It's not elitism to not throw away good players over the bad, It's not favourtisim to not punish those who have done no wrong, and it shouldn't be done simply because it would be eaiser and cause less drama from the in-active players.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal