Author Topic: Citizens allowed in D2? What the fuck  (Read 6435 times)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Citizens allowed in D2? What the fuck
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 05:42:55 PM »
The thead's been up for several days now, Nick. I apologize that I didn't think to tell you about it, but the timing was such that it had been posted before you reminded me to update you on changes. Because of the timing, I assumed you had already read the thread. For the record, I've been doing my best to keep you posted on updates ever since you reminded me.

You've gone to far Yankee. You do not own HL2RP. You do not call ANY shots without approvement of the sector commander, specially not about UCA laws.
I've looked back 7 pages in your posts, and looked at any board in the HL2RP session, and didn't find any thread about this D2 stuff, and if you indeed posted it, I and Bullet want it gone ASAP.

Right, okay. Nick, let me remind you that I haven't posted unapproved rules since I was rebuked by Burning and yourself. I'm doing my best to improve.

I don't have any problem with the chain of command, in fact I agree with Burning and yourself. I respect Burning as the SeC. As for the District 2 Access thread, it appears that somebody removed it without my knowledge.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:54:56 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 12:39:08 AM »
Nick. You have NO right to complain whatsoever. You haven't taken the initiative to help out with correcting things in HL2RP. I agree that this opening of D2 is a dumb idea, however claiming we put ourselves in-charge is ignorance as we didn't claim to be in-charge. We took the initiative to fix shit that would otherwise, be left alone with problems and loopholes.

I forgot who claimed that only NOVA people were running hl2rp but really, other people are helping. People such as Karma (aka RLTK) and Nikolai are helping.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 01:11:00 AM »
I agree that this opening of D2 is a dumb idea

Just for the record, you supported my decision on Skype. I remember you sounded very positive about it; I distinctly remember you exclaiming, "Finally!"

Anyway I've told Rofl and BB this, but in no way was I attempting to "control" hl2rp, nor did I intend to act like CG's owner. What I saw was numerous loopholes, inconsistancies, and quality issues that nobody seemed to be fixing or even noticing. My only intention was to help the community by directly addressing these issues. At the time, I felt like I was "getting things done," "stepping up to the plate," and so on. Obviously, I got carried away by my new-found influence; I got ahead of myself. I acknowledge that I overstepped my boundaries and authority, and for that I apologize. In the future, however, I sincerely hope to see more initiative from the hl2rp administration. As leaders of CG's hl2rp community, we should constantly be thinking of new ways to improve the server and better its gameplay. That was my goal from the start of my admin-ship, and it will continue to be my goal for the duration of my time in Catalyst Gaming.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:20:23 AM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 01:50:03 AM »
I agree that this opening of D2 is a dumb idea

Just for the record, you supported my decision on Skype. I remember you sounded very positive about it; I distinctly remember you exclaiming, "Finally!"

I said yes at the time but then i remembered about the resistance and thought you would think the same. However you didn't and ended up opening D2. Opening D2 would be fine if we had an outlands server. Then the only checkpoint searches would be for citizens entering the plaza (not leaving as they should already be cleaned right?)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 05:25:57 AM »
Anyway I've told Rofl and BB this, but in no way was I attempting to "control" hl2rp, nor did I intend to act like CG's owner. What I saw was numerous loopholes, inconsistancies, and quality issues that nobody seemed to be fixing or even noticing. My only intention was to help the community by directly addressing these issues. At the time, I felt like I was "getting things done," "stepping up to the plate," and so on. Obviously, I got carried away by my new-found influence; I got ahead of myself. I acknowledge that I overstepped my boundaries and authority, and for that I apologize. In the future, however, I sincerely hope to see more initiative from the hl2rp administration. As leaders of CG's hl2rp community, we should constantly be thinking of new ways to improve the server and better its gameplay. That was my goal from the start of my admin-ship, and it will continue to be my goal for the duration of my time in Catalyst Gaming.

I totally respect your initiative to improve HL2RP, and I totally agree that we all should do this constantly, but you have to remember that you can't just simply put up new UCA laws or rules without the acknowledge of the higher authority. (BB for any UCA laws/rules, and ALL the other SAs for general rules.)
But yeah, I told you this on steam already, and you agreed with me that in future we need to come to an agreement first before applying any new ideas/rules, so I hope this will be done.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »
Wait; when the fuck did any one say ever that D2 is OPEN?! THE HELL?! If D2 were to be opened you'd need COTA patrols on a minutely basis.. Whom opened D2? They could ambush CPs from the catwalks and bridge! Still, D2 should be closed for everyone and if any one trys to get in they should be shot to oblivion.

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 10:56:01 AM »
Wait; when the fuck did any one say ever that D2 is OPEN?! THE HELL?! If D2 were to be opened you'd need COTA patrols on a minutely basis.. Whom opened D2? They could ambush CPs from the catwalks and bridge! Still, D2 should be closed for everyone and if any one trys to get in they should be shot to oblivion.

Shooting on sight should be code. D2 is RESTRICTED to EVERYONE.

Policy: Enter D2 at your own risk. You will be shot if found.
Shoot first, ask questions later.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 11:07:07 AM »

Chill dude. We already established that. Lots of other servers have a second server for outlands which allows them to open D2. However we don't have an outlands server so that could be a problem which is why this whole controversy started.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 11:18:44 AM »
Here's my final verdict on the matter:

D2 is restricted 24/7 once more. After realizing the true purpose of D2, it will remain restricted until further notice.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:25:37 AM by Burning Bullet »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2011, 11:23:21 AM »
Here's my final verdict on the matter:

I am initiating the Semi-Restriction Verdict authorization to DvL+. When no reports of anti-civil activity has come up for at least 20 OOC minutes, a DvL may open D2 to semi-restriction (all citizens must have no more than one point, require a bodily search, and an identification check.). As soon as a report comes in/evidence of anti-civil activity, D2 is automatically closed once more, and the timer resets. Anything that requires a Level 3 Verdict WILL close D2. (Beating/detaining a citizen)

And with our server, that will never happen. Good idea. (not sarcasm btw)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2011, 11:24:48 AM »
District two will always be fully restricted. CPs are never allowed to let citizens in. This is final.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal