Author Topic: RSO  (Read 3076 times)

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
RSO
« on: May 10, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »
Alright, for some reason, every time i fucking get on HL2RP when there's more than 5 people, I get Reliable Snapshot Overflow. First, Is this server-side or client-side. second, If it's client-side, how can i fix it. Third, if I can't fix it, what is the cause of it? It's REALLY Anoyying.
For gaming videos, such as Minecraft, Half Life, Black Mesa, and Spore, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelDuh?feature=mhee

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RSO
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 01:32:21 AM »
Please use the search button. This same thread has been posted so many times, I wouldn't be surprised if there is like 3 on the front page.

Anyways, RSO happens if let's say the map has a lot of entities, or people have guns equipt, or there is lots of props.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:18:37 AM »
Reliable snaphsot overflow means that the server tries to send to much renderwork caused by entities to your client which your client can't handle. this indeed is a serverside problemwhich you can't fix. what you could try is raising you cl_cmdrate to 1000 and cl_updaterate to 1000. Still not working? try 2000. Then 3000 etc. else you just have to keep on trying until your client loaded all entities without overfowing.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 02:55:57 AM »
i cant see how cmdrate would help as thats the rate at which your client sends info to the server, either way these dont help much, if at all, the only thing is to wait for gmod 13

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 12:05:36 PM »
Reliable snaphsot overflow means that the server tries to send to much renderwork caused by entities to your client which your client can't handle. this indeed is a serverside problemwhich you can't fix. what you could try is raising you cl_cmdrate to 1000 and cl_updaterate to 1000. Still not working? try 2000. Then 3000 etc. else you just have to keep on trying until your client loaded all entities without overfowing.

Nice false information, they will do absolutely fuck all against RSO, the main reasons RSO is occuring on HL2RP is due to the map being poorly made with areaportals and because Garry's Mod, so until Garry's Mod 13 is properly released, nothing you can do really.

But yeah, rates do fuck all for RSO.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 05:09:35 PM »

Nice false information, they will do absolutely fuck all against RSO, the main reasons RSO is occuring on HL2RP is due to the map being poorly made with areaportals and because Garry's Mod, so until Garry's Mod 13 is properly released, nothing you can do really.

But yeah, rates do fuck all for RSO.
I never said you had a guaranteed success. I suggested to try out a few things to see if it works. Funny how you are so certain about your claims while it magically worked quite a lot of times for me. Magic, pure luck or skill? I have no clue. But it worked.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 11:26:13 AM »
alright, i see now what has come of this thread, therefore I believe a lock is in order, please?
For gaming videos, such as Minecraft, Half Life, Black Mesa, and Spore, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelDuh?feature=mhee

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal