Author Topic: Explain the hl2rp problem please  (Read 4697 times)

Offline pAra

•  I've got no idea what to write here. ggwp
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Explain the hl2rp problem please
« on: December 04, 2012, 10:52:37 AM »
I'm not asking when the servers are coming back up im just trying to understand why they're down.

I've asked many people but nobody knows, so im hoping you guys could help me.

Sincerely CC
24/7 musick project group can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TwentyfourSevenMusick

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Explain the hl2rp problem please
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »
Waiting for cloud16 to get off their asses and release Clockwork.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 01:00:09 PM »
Waiting for cloud16 to get off their asses and release Clockwork.

Pretty much this. The new version of Garry's Mod made much of the code that OpenAura uses redundant and because of it makes it a non functioning schema. Just got to wait until they release Clockwork or the Legacy Schema. Bit of a pain, hypothetically speaking a coder could fix everything but it would be quite the task and in the end not really worth it.

Edit: You would of probably noticed a lot of problems with the schema on the run up to Gmod 13. Again though, all dependant on when they decide to release the fixed version, which hopefully shouldn't be much longer.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:02:30 PM by connall »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 01:25:02 PM »
I don't understand coding at all, but for those who do, the CloudSixteen team has a feed set up that they update with the lines of code they add every day.  http://git.cloudsixteen.com/

The only other way to see how far Clockwork is would be the to-do list that Kurozael set up.  Of course, I don't think Kuro is on the project anymore, as his name isn't mentioned in the above link, so that probably explains why the list hasn't been updated since February 2012.

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 01:30:44 PM »
I don't understand coding at all, but for those who do, the CloudSixteen team has a feed set up that they update with the lines of code they add every day.  http://git.cloudsixteen.com/

The only other way to see how far Clockwork is would be the to-do list that Kurozael set up.  Of course, I don't think Kuro is on the project anymore, as his name isn't mentioned in the above link, so that probably explains why the list hasn't been updated since February 2012.

Conna is Kuro. The github is alright, but it doesn't really tell you how much they have left to do. The to-do list is also rarely updated from what I re-call, if I had to take a guess I think we might see it January time.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 01:35:29 PM »
I'm hoping for before the new year but I doubt it till the beginning of January.

Oh, and hi connall :3

Offline pAra

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 01:54:33 PM »
Thanks for the responses people :-)
24/7 musick project group can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TwentyfourSevenMusick

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 02:34:13 PM »
I'm hoping for before the new year but I doubt it till the beginning of January.

Oh, and hi connall :3

Sup RTLK, got bored of waiting for people to talk on the forum so I basically came to crash this one. MUAHAHAHAHA!

I would hope before the new year as well, but honestly I doubt it personally wish they would at least give us some functioning schema to work with so I can actually program something (don't like using the skeleton one) but hey ho, got to keep on waiting.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 03:25:55 PM »
Yeah. Hell, I'd like just the framework and I'd start working with the skeleton to get plugins and shit working right

Sent from my Thundertalk using TapaBolt 2

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »
Yeah. Hell, I'd like just the framework and I'd start working with the skeleton to get plugins and shit working right

Sent from my Thundertalk using TapaBolt 2

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJqg_-wXnuU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJqg_-wXnuU</a>

This really sums it up the Clockwork wait. I'm going to have a long summer so I will probably try to pop out some new features for HL2RP, I want to try experimenting with the MySQL database a bit more in regards to CCA (or MPF) units and Civillian players.

Sorry this thread's been derailed, should probably move this to the other forums.

Offline RenRen

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 04:08:19 PM »
i dont understand why you guys dosent use nexus instead of Clockwork, there isnt such a big difference.

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 04:24:36 PM »
i dont understand why you guys dosent use nexus instead of Clockwork, there isnt such a big difference.

It's two years old and isn't the most stable of things to use. It does also work to a certain extent but it still does have a lot of errors within the code. I also imagine if you put it on the server people would bitch about how "It's not good enough" or how some things are different.

I mean, I'm not saying you couldn't (and people obviously are) it's just any work done on it will be wasted. I guess as a tide over until the actual script comes out, but a lot of the current (actually all if I'm not mistaken, RTLK would know better than me) systems won't work with Nexus unless recoded, which is a waste of time. Then what? Just put a server up, just to have a server up? Then it's just pointless any progression done on the server would most likely be wiped.

Edit: Also visually, I guess there isn't much of a difference, but just because it looks the same doesn't make it good.

Offline pAra

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 04:37:13 PM »
I suggest locking this thread. It's already been answered so now its just moving on to a random talk topic.

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 04:48:46 PM »
I suggest locking this thread. It's already been answered so now its just moving on to a random talk topic.

Probably for the best.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal