Author Topic: amd similar to 4770k  (Read 3155 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
amd similar to 4770k
« on: May 19, 2014, 11:41:04 PM »
So after thinking about it for a little bit, I was curious what would be the most similar AMD CPU to the 4770k in terms of power. I'm deadset on Intel but if I feel like AMD would be better, then I'll go AMD. I don't really know shit about AMD CPU's/GPU's so if someone could post some similar AMD CPU's to the 4770k that would be great.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline billybob41

• Please excuse my autism. I can't help it
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: amd similar to 4770k
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 01:06:05 PM »
Just from my experience, AMD CPUs are slower than intel CPUs for gaming. Intel just seems to have the performance with raw power supporting their processors.

This pic shows a FPS graph that is comparing the top CPUs. The i3 intel beat all the high end AMD CPUs: http://cdn4.mos.techradar.futurecdn.net//art/magazines/PC%20Format/Issue%20275/bench4-580-100.jpg

Here is a link to a benchmark site: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/2 

Under BENCH, you can select CPU, GPU, even SSD to look up. Find the model number and start comparing side by side results!

I use intel / nvidia for my gaming machine, and always will. Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 01:12:57 PM by Billybob41 0xy - MoRoN »

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 01:47:28 PM »
The FX-9590 Black is probably as close as you can get, but the 4770k still gives better performance and is more efficient. You get what you pay for, and if you're on a budget then AMD is the way to go. But if you can afford intel then I'd suggest going with it.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 02:16:19 PM »
AMD CPUs are good if you are on a lower budget, but if you have the money then Intel CPUs will be better, and the 4770k does beat AMD's top CPU which is what wake mentioned

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal