Author Topic: Truck.  (Read 3681 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Truck.
« on: April 26, 2014, 09:14:03 PM »
So I have this 1994 Chevy Silverado.  The wheels need buffed out and polished because some D-bag (old owner) took a high speed to them and messed up the aluminum that they are made of...  Like, ruined it.  I have to go and redo them with sand paper... any ideas on how to make this process easier and less painfull?
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Truck.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 09:41:09 PM »
How bad are they? Possible to post a pic? Do you have to recoat them?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 09:43:02 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 03:24:51 PM »
How bad are they? Possible to post a pic? Do you have to recoat them?
About 2-3 years of driving with no cleaning.  No and no.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 07:19:32 PM »
Get some aluminium foil, scrunch it up and scrub it on the the affected spots. I know it works for getting rid of rust so it might also work for your problem.

Also, wouldn't sanding them fuck them up even more since it's extremely abrasive material?
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 08:29:25 PM »
Re; jiggerfuck

Start with sanding, move to wet and dry until a smooth finish is achieved. Apply polish and buff until the end of time.

As for tips? Depending on the severity you might want to just try and start with the w&d. It might look bad on the surface and not be so shitty underneath.

For long sanding times I like to get a machine sander and a mask but of course it's sometimes out of peoples reach. I mean, to make it less tedious you can sand a wheel pretty much anywhere and/or because of that do it to music or with others around. Whatever will keep you from dying a slow and painful repetitive motion death.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 07:41:11 PM »
Re; jiggerfuck

Start with sanding, move to wet and dry until a smooth finish is achieved. Apply polish and buff until the end of time.

As for tips? Depending on the severity you might want to just try and start with the w&d. It might look bad on the surface and not be so shitty underneath.

For long sanding times I like to get a machine sander and a mask but of course it's sometimes out of peoples reach. I mean, to make it less tedious you can sand a wheel pretty much anywhere and/or because of that do it to music or with others around. Whatever will keep you from dying a slow and painful repetitive motion death.
You see... I've been doing it with bare hands... exactly like you said.  And there is no rust, some idiot took a high speed to them and.. well... they just look really bad... no damage to the wheels other then being curbed by the old owner a few times..  Will try machine though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal