Author Topic: Replace the "dead" servers with a more popular gamemode or something new!  (Read 7229 times)

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Replace the dead TTT CSS1 Morbus Halo CE FW GMR2 and Spacebuild servers with new gamemodes or more popular gamemodes.  For example fallout RP or a military style RP.  What do you guys think?
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline ligglo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I personaly love fortwars, and have never played the other ones. FW needs moar playerz! >.<

Good idea though. More RP servers would be fun.

Offline Stealth Effect98

• View Profile
    • Awards
I think military RP would be amazing. Say like a massive map, and we choose what team we want to be on. Then we do what soldiers do and take orders from our superiors and carry out missions like captures, infiltration and other things like that. And of course go into all out firefights with the other team with vehicles and all. And also have it in sort of an HL2RP style, where prisoners are sort of like the citizens, they walk around there cell, and are let out for lunch time every now and then, like rations. Along with different divisions to choose from. Anyone else think so?

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Military RP sounds kind of like a Call Of Duty mixed with RP. To that I say no..though if there was going to be another RP server I would have to think it would be L4D RP. Whatever it's really called Servence, Servnce something like that. Sides I believe I saw in a post by Roflwaffle some time ago that said "If we are going to open a new sever. It won't be a RP one." Though yes some servers could be removed....CSS, Spacebuild, HaloCE. Never see anyone on those.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Military RP sounds kind of like a Call Of Duty mixed with RP. To that I say no..though if there was going to be another RP server I would have to think it would be L4D RP. Whatever it's really called Servence, Servnce something like that. Sides I believe I saw in a post by Roflwaffle some time ago that said "If we are going to open a new sever. It won't be a RP one." Though yes some servers could be removed....CSS, Spacebuild, HaloCE. Never see anyone on those.

Yankee and I have been working on a former-VG now freelance military roleplay gamemode called Downfall, highlighting the beginnings of a war in Romania fought between a joint USMC/USN task force and members of the Russian Ground Forces. We have HEAVILY focused the gamemode on passive roleplay, despite the war environment. The gamemode is meant to highlight the feel of being at war and living on a base, etc. etc. Of course, there will be action-oriented events, but action won't be the focus of the roleplay. If Rofl wanted, we could always bring the project here.
Live free or die

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
This is what will happen if we decide to replace any non-populated servers.

1. Non-popular servers gets removed.
2. Some new servers with different gamemodes come in.
3. Servers will get between 2-7 days of activity.
4. These servers will then die.
5. Cycle repeats itself.

Seriously, that is what will happen, though I do say get rid of the servers that have been offline for ages such as CSS and Spacebuild.

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
This is what will happen if we decide to replace any non-populated servers.

1. Non-popular servers gets removed.
2. Some new servers with different gamemodes come in.
3. Servers will get between 2-7 days of activity.
4. These servers will then die.
5. Cycle repeats itself.

Seriously, that is what will happen, though I do say get rid of the servers that have been offline for ages such as CSS and Spacebuild.
That statement can really only be proven for when we've added non-RP servers. And I mean...this is a roleplay community. Of course the non-roleplay servers won't necessarily be populated.
Live free or die

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
CG doesn't have the active playerbase required to open another server and keep it popular, not without severely affecting the other servers - and no the "but it will bring more players" argument doesn't work if our entire already-active playerbase flocks to the new server

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
CG doesn't have the active playerbase required to open another server and keep it popular, not without severely affecting the other servers - and no the "but it will bring more players" argument doesn't work if our entire already-active playerbase flocks to the new server
Except that the "it will bring more players" argument is true. For example, take Downfall. There's a community called Dark Fraction based around military roleplay, and many of the people there aren't happy with the way that community is going. You also have the SSTRP community that may flock over here.

Ultimately, I think the playerbase does exist, and if it ends up causing harm..then we can simply take the server down. It's worth a shot, though.
Live free or die

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
There's a huge playerbase demand for good military roleplay. The only currently existing military roleplay community is... mediocre at best, yet it thrives simply because there's nowhere else for military roleplayers to go.

If we provide GMod roleplayers with a fun, quality experience in the area of their interest, we'll crack the militaryRP "market" wide open, as it were. More members for CG, more donations for Rofl's buffalo wings... everybody's happy
o7

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I am dieing to play military RP but there is only one server I can find that has a semi-active community.  But i cant play because they dont put all the content online so it would take gmod hours to load it all.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Whenever I see these, I instantly go "Oh, this thread again." Allow me to explain, again.

The non-populated servers won't be removed, why? Why not? Are they harming you personally? Are those servers keeping you up at night? No, they're just there. They're free.

As I've said before, WE WILL PUT UP ANY SERVER YOU WILL PLAY. Everyone wanted GMR2, we gave them GMR2. Everyone wanted Fortwars, we gave them Fortwars. Everyone wanted TTT, we gave them TTT. Everyone wanted spacebuild, we gave them spacebuild. You guys get excited and realize, "Oh, this isn't as fun as I thought." It's getting maddening. And please, don't tell us we don't know what we're talking about. We've been doing this for a long time, we've become rather efficient at it.

With that said, I know nothing about military roleplay gamemodes, but I can say that the crossover for OCRP and Military Roleplay is minimal at best. Most players that join the server would not be from CG, at least after the first 2 weeks. They would be new players and these players wouldn't give a fuck about CG. We have over 22 thousand accounts on our forum, but maybe a thousand or two of those ever come back. Our model forces users to register before playing, making it appear that we have more active members than we do. In a statistics thread, I pointed out that the bounceback rate for catalyst-gaming.net is alarmingly low. It's the same group all the time, new people hardly ever come back.

TL;DR: Stop suggesting we remove servers. It takes more effort to remove them than it takes to leave them there.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
We don't want more roleplay, at least for the time being. Roleplay causes a lot of drama and we've already got three of the most popular roleplay servers in garry's mod. We simply don't have the administration power to handle any more.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
We don't want more roleplay, at least for the time being. Roleplay causes a lot of drama and we've already got three of the most popular roleplay servers in garry's mod. We simply don't have the administration power to handle any more.

gmr1 pls

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Doesn't it cost more money when we having more servers up at the time... Remove these who isn't worth to spend time on and save money by that.

Also someone fix the outlands.

Credit goes to jackal

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal