Author Topic: Alexander Gregory Lee's Metropolice Force Application  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Vinyl Storm Fedora Striker

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Alexander Gregory Lee's Metropolice Force Application
« on: March 01, 2014, 08:33:24 PM »
Alexander Gregory Lee's Metropolice Force Application

OOC Name: Storm Striker Vinyl

IC Character Name: Alexander Gregory Lee

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Metropolice Force and what lead your character to do so.
Hi, I am applying for Combine Civil Authority, on Half Life Role Play 2. I wish to join this faction because I wish to participate more in the new game mode and try to help the growing server. I will follow all the rules I am told by administrators and not be a general faggot. I will make sure everyone will have a great tim on the server.

One reason I would like to join CP is because I want to show force as well as be enforced. Having multiple character account allows for a more exciting experience while on this server. If we can have general fun playing we can avoid rule breakers and faggots from making the experience bad.

Joining the CP also provides a reputation boost on the forum and community. I can help explain why CP does certain things and show what we do to help other players understand this new frontier. The forum will be a prime place for me to help other and have some fun with the community.  

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
My character traits are: Loyal, Pure, Obedient, Strict, Firm, Respectable, and Reliable.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I believe that as Combine Civil Authority is a job that needs to be played impeccably and is very hard to handle without good explanation. I believe that playing as a CP is very difficult to understand how different conflicts require different actions that may change what happens.

If a character is facing a charge on contraband, the suspect may do things that require a certain action depending on the officers choice. The choice must be reasonable for role playing and must not break any rules what so ever. If I see someone who I think is breaking a law, I confront them and question them away from the prying ears of other citizens. I do not randomly kill players or use props to kill anyone.  

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Alex Lee came from a small hidden town in Connecticut. He grew up with a great interest in computers and biology. He had started elementary school with some tension but later graduated to middle school. He had now been allowed to work with computers and stared biology classes. He made an AP in biology and got into computer programming. He took to the desks and started making newer programs for robots to mass produce things without worrying about one robot shutting down and the line stopping to repair it. He also studied new ways of using technology in the fields of biology, making identifiers that can note a species right away.

By 1992, He graduated with the knowledge to change the way people saw computers. He was turned down from many schools however, because he didn't have the grades from the main academics in school. He finally found a school in New York that let him in for his science grade. He studied for many years until the Combine came.

Alex thought that the Combine was a great and all powerful species that opened the door to new sciences in life, and would revolutionize the world. Alex however was not allowed to join the Science Research Lab because he didn't have enough "live" experience in the Combine Empire. Alex decided to take to the law, he wanted to show the Combine he was good enough to prove he could make a difference. He decided that he could join the Combine Civil Authority and prove he has the experience to show those scientists what he is made of.    

5) Have you ever had a MPF character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No, I have not had a CCA character before.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
About 20 days total in playtime

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
About 4 days in total.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Its hard to tell... I say Ive been a member for 2 years

4. What Time zone are you in?
EST

5. In what country do you live?
USA

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable role pay experience was the CW: Military RP. The server was much like this one and gave me a first taste of serious RP. When I started playing this, I discovered that I must have precise grammar and role play through out the entire game. I loved this so much I had a bad habit of using RP commands when nobody was around.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Alexander Gregory Lee
CID: 1124
Height: 5,9
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Green
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 165 Ilb
Mental Distinctions: Very strict when it comes to how people think
Mental Defects: Lost Parents at birth caused Tramua
Mental Advantages: Tends to work well under pressure
Notable Qualities: Has a very good habit of messing with computers

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No, I have not been detained or apprehended for Sociostability Infringement before.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
To keep the streets safe and clean from anyone who dares go against the Universal Union and detain any who does not agree to the glorious new generation that we bring to the universe.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Alexander Gregory Lee hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Alexander Gregory Lee's Metropolice Force Application
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 01:46:34 AM »
Im going to deny this based on the following reasons:

-Whilst there is no post count requirements for gold members, you've said below you have 4 days experience in serious RP, and I believe at least a week is more preferable for a character in the MPF

-Your OOC backstory contains 266 out of the required minimum of 300 (Almost like your trying to pull a sly one here)

-Date Registered: January 20, 2013, 02:21:27 pm   Again there is no length requirement for a gold member however im not sure if you've tried to pull a sly one to aid the status of your application by saying you've been here for 2 years when you have infact been her since the date mentioned above

In summary I feel like you need a bit more experience under your belt before your ready for a character in the MPF.

Please re-apply from 07/03/2014 onwards

EDIT: Lowered minimum period til' next friday so the user has a chance of a new application in time for next weekend
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 02:50:41 AM by Krisrules »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal