Author Topic: rp_c45_catalyst_v2 is in the making!  (Read 11493 times)

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: rp_c45_catalyst_v2 is in the making!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 05:00:03 PM »
Just finished recompiling, and I was halfway through the renovation, so there's a leak. Fixing and testing. I;ll keep you guys posted.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 05:19:18 PM »
Back in the SDK now. This damn elevator is making me punch my desk. Hint, hint. ELEVATOR. (but where? hahah.)

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040

Derek Hampson

Kendra Shawkins

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 05:28:03 PM »
Should have contacted administration beforehand yo. Already got one under construction.

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 05:32:16 PM »
Well sorry. Wanted to make my own contribution to this community.
Faggot-ass fat douchbag stepdad is kicking me off. Going to smuggle it into my room tonight so I can work on it. U mad?
Back to work.
OfC office is done, working on DvL's now. Adding unit quarters after.
DvL's and OfC's offices are done, testing the lighting, then moving on to Unit quarters. Looking real good!

Oh, also had to remove the Agility cave in part. DvL's office was expanding in that area, so I got rid of it completely. It's now just a dead-end hallway.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 12:43:49 PM by Pringles »

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040

Derek Hampson

Kendra Shawkins

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 12:42:05 PM »
You know there is a modify button right? No need to post FIVE times in a row.

If you are working on this map, be advised that it already was way past it's ent limit. So if you are going to add stuff, you have to remove some as well.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 02:30:38 PM »
I'll keep that in mind.

UPDATE: Compiling now.
-Unit quarters now finished.
-DvL office finished.
-OfC office finished.
-Removed a ton of meaningless nodes.
-Added lights in new areas.
-Mess hall completed.
-Was going to add a SeC office, but ran out of space. Post if you really, really want me to add this and I'll find a way.
-Possible skybox texture change.
-Got rid of a few props that no one will notice.
-Got rid of the ladder in S6 that goes down to the garbage area, IDK waht that's called. Also removed every single node in that area.
-Trimmed the amount of nodes in the breaching room. Unless were never going to use NPC's for training, then I can get rid of every single one in that area.
-Planning on adding another sublevel, which contains storage and generators, also including [CLASSIFIED].
-Suggestions? I need em'.

EDIT: Shit Shit Shit, it's not loading the BSP. Here's the error line, if anyone has a suggestion.
Wait, Hold on.

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\garrysmod\garrysmod" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\fluffypillow97\sourcesdk_content\gmod\mapsrc\rp_c45_catalyst_test.vmf"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jul  7 2010)
2 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\garrysmod\garrysmod\materials
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\fluffypillow97\sourcesdk_content\gmod\mapsrc\rp_c45_catalyst_test.vmf
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Could not locate 'GameData' key in c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\garrysmod\garrysmod\gameinfo.txt
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_c45_catalyst_test/nature/red_grass_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_c45_catalyst_test/dev/dev_blendmeasure2_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/rp_c45_catalyst_test/nature/canal_reeds_wvt_patch
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (2)
**** leaked ****
Entity env_sprite (-1145.86 596.41 -437.73) leaked!

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (11776.0 5120.0 1848.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Leaf 1 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID
viscontents (node 0 contents ^ node 1 contents): CONTENTS_SOLID
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (12288.0 4608.0 1848.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (10752.0 5120.0 1848.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (9728.0 5120.0 1848.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (8704.0 5120.0 1848.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (11297.5 3072.0 492.0)
Leaf 0 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID
Leaf 1 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (11809.5 3072.0 492.0)
Leaf 1 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn't find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (11297.5 3072.0 3068.5)
Leaf 1 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

*** Suppressing further FindPortalSide errors.... ***
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
Chop Details...done (0)
Find Visible Detail Sides...
Merged 1484 detail faces...done (1)
Merging details...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
Too many t-junctions to fix up! (3710 prims, max 32768 :: 65544 indices, max 65536)

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\garrysmod\garrysmod" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\fluffypillow97\sourcesdk_content\gmod\mapsrc\rp_c45_catalyst_test"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Jul  7 2010)
2 threads
reading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\sourcesdk_content\gmod\mapsrc\rp_c45_catalyst_test.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\sourcesdk_content\gmod\mapsrc\rp_c45_catalyst_test.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters:  -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\garrysmod\garrysmod" "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\fluffypillow97\sourcesdk_content\gmod\mapsrc\rp_c45_catalyst_test"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Jul  7 2010)

Valve Radiosity Simulator     
2 threads
Could not find lights.rad in lights.rad.
Trying VRAD BIN directory instead...
Warning: Couldn't open texlight file c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\lights.rad.
Loading c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\sourcesdk_content\gmod\mapsrc\rp_c45_catalyst_test.bsp
Error opening c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\sourcesdk_content\gmod\mapsrc\rp_c45_catalyst_test.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\fluffypillow97\sourcesdk_content\gmod\mapsrc\rp_c45_catalyst_test.bsp" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\rp_c45_catalyst_test.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
  "The system cannot find the file specified."

** Executing...
** Command: c:\program files\steam\steam.exe
** Parameters: -applaunch 4000 -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\fluffypillow97\garrysmod\garrysmod"  +map "rp_c45_catalyst_test"

EDIT: Hold on, got a leak, probably the problem.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 03:36:34 PM by chunkeymonkey79 »

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040

Derek Hampson

Kendra Shawkins

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 05:33:04 PM »
I've noticed that the majority of the additions you're making to the map are for the Nexus. This strikes me as odd, because only a fraction of our playerbase is CP-whitelisted. It would be much, much more beneficial if you could look at the existing buglist and make those bugs your top priority instead of piling on features that aren't necessarily needed nor will necessarily be used.
o7

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 07:34:10 PM »
Oh wait! Before I forget to ask. If you are working on the map anyways, PLEASE for the love of all that's holy. MOVE THE GEAR ROOM.
Right now, it is located RIGHT above the detainment center, which makes people hear every whisper we make. What if we are working on classified projects for example. Everyone would hear it and metagame it...
I'd like the GEAR room to be moved either upstairs HIGH in the tower, or very LOW in the basement floor.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 08:11:16 PM »
A locker room maybe with showers and bathrooms? And yes Gear room should be a 5 minutes elevator ride. And bigger. Infirmary <-----> Bigger. More Cells, Oh more appartments in the CCH, every room should get a window, gets cramped you know. Also S6 needs more hiding spots; And maybe a road that takes you to a river, (With currents that might sweep you away) And more shops/appartments.

But yes, Nexus is highly disfunctional, no storage, we need the Agility room back. And any one should get like a desk they can personalize.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2011, 08:40:45 PM »
A locker room maybe with showers and bathrooms? And yes Gear room should be a 5 minutes elevator ride. And bigger. Infirmary <-----> Bigger. More Cells, Oh more appartments in the CCH, every room should get a window, gets cramped you know. Also S6 needs more hiding spots; And maybe a road that takes you to a river, (With currents that might sweep you away) And more shops/appartments.

But yes, Nexus is highly disfunctional, no storage, we need the Agility room back. And any one should get like a desk they can personalize.

Like I said, this map is already over the ent limit. It is simply IMPOSSIBLE to add everything you want.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 09:14:33 PM »
How about gutting un-used features? Such as 99% of the CWU area.

Splicing out some things.. The ticket counter in the train station, no one goes back there.

Less AI nodes, maybe in the turns on the subway we can take out that open space that isnt used.

That area in S6 that is just a wall and a back alley thing, that could go... The lightning isnt necessary.

In the Sewers there are gated off halls that just trail off, they can go.

Maybe more things underground? Less to render.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 12:54:50 AM »
Reading some of the suggestions here as well as problms and things added/removed really makes me facepalm. Like for example, removing unused areas. There's an important reason for those areas to be there. It's called background. It's a key element in making a map feel bigger then it actually is.

Another thing is all the crap going in the nexus. We don't need mess halls, shower rooms, etc. Your CCA character is meant to be on duty. If you go off duty, you flag down.

I don't know why you removed the ladder to the canals (that's that garbage pit) since it's a good hiding spot.

I hope you know what you're doing with ai nodes because of not placed properly, npc's can't get around.

I noticed you spent more time on adding thugs rather then fixing things. This is still not approved by an administrator for some very important reasons. It's not the fact that we don't like you or we don't know your mapping skills. It's the fact that someone could put something in their map that would potentially destroy CG, or at least HL2RP.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 03:54:00 AM »
You know, you could of probably tried asking kaz for the actual files instead of decompiling it.

Also, what statua said.
what

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 12:15:15 PM »
K, I might reopen the garbage pit. And get rid of the unit quarters, and mess hall. They're kind of stupid anyway. Still going to add storage. And yes, not all my renovations will be Nexus, I just started there.

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040

Derek Hampson

Kendra Shawkins

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 01:25:48 PM »
Like Statua said, your top priority should be fixing existing bugs, not piling on new features.
o7

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal