Author Topic: HOW TO CREATE A GOOD PLAYER DESCRIPTION  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
HOW TO CREATE A GOOD PLAYER DESCRIPTION
« on: May 25, 2011, 11:24:55 PM »
THIS GUID MAY BE A SMALL RANT ASWELL.

HIEGHT: A height of 6'6 is the MAX for a Citizen, unless you were a basket ball player (Read on before you make that choice) Nothing wrong with a tall person, my Character(s) are hella tall, but In Real Life my hole family is tall. (Average height of a human from this time era is 5'11" ~Statua)

SIZE (Fat Muscles etc.) Do to lack of food you cannot be Pudgy, Fat, Obese, tubby, large, or double chinned. (You cannot be fat from food however, people are genetically fat so this can be an exception ~Statua) You can have some meat on you but Skin&Bones is more likely. Also, Muscles mass will deterorate after a while, Especialy without much food. You can have muscle but not like body builder. Being fit; You character should be immicaited, Or underfed, severely.

WEAPON DESCRIPTIONS I've seen a lot of descriptions with (Hidden blade) Unless you are Civil Protection these are impssible, we can all read your description, if we can, so can the CCA. If they new you had a blade on you, they'd kill you. (Unless of course you're a resistance member with a legit reason to have one ~Statua)

NON UNIFORM DESCRIPTION "Camo'd cloak and hoody" These are impossible, you must wear the Blue Jumpsuit or you get introuble. Massive trouble would be involved. (Same as above ~Statua)

PAST LIVES DESCRIPTION "Big black man that does Coke&Crack. All plants that can manufacture the sustance have been destroyed, Also. You'd die if the combine new that "Big black man" Is fine, Drugs, however is not. (Not to mention "doing crack" isn't a physical description more then a physical action. ~Statua)

RPING PAST LIFE IN THE MILITARY This RP, is very unlikely. Unless you clarify it OOC as former Spec Ops were all files are destroyed duting an invasion, do not RP military, the Combine wont like that.

To add on, player descriptions should only be PRESENT physical features about a character. You should not write stuff about your personality, intelligence, or anything else. If you walk up to a person on a street in real-life you won't know anything about there intelligence or history, all you would know is how dirty they are, what they are wearing, how tall they are, act...

IF you have anything to say/add on it will be added. And thank you Statua for the additions.

Also I would like to add: YOU CANNOT HAVE YOUR AGE UNDER 25 IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE DEAD OR IN STASIS(If they had a heart) IF YOU PUT SOME THING ABOUT YOU AGE IN YOUR DESCRIPTION HAVE IT "Looks XX years old" REMEMBER THAT THE YEAR IS 2016.
/rant

But yeah I am going to start asking to be able to detain people with crap like "Looks 16" "Age 19" and crap like that because its impossible.

Also some thing to note: ALEX WAS WITH THE LAMBA MOVEMENT THE WHOLE TIME that means that she was hidden and is still hidden you SHOULD NOT use this as an excuse to have a bullshit age.

/superrant

Sorry if that came off as ragey but I love hl2rp and I want other people to beable to enjoy it but not if they are not in-canon then it just makes this a very very dumb rp if no one is in-canon besides the combine and CWU.
Courtesy of Juggernuat
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 12:03:48 PM by [={.N.A.L.}=] Renegade Awsome »

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HOW TO CREATE A GOOD PLAYER DESCRIPTION
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:28:23 PM »
To add on, player descriptions should only be PRESENT physical features about a character. You should not write stuff about your personality, intelligence, or anything else. If you walk up to a person on a street in real-life you won't know anything about there intelligence or history, all you would know is how dirty they are, what they are wearing, how tall they are, act...

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:55:35 PM »
Added notes. Fixed the fat thing.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 10:18:53 AM »
I have a question. How do CCAs who have not been augmented yet suddenly morph into 7'8 giants in two weeks?
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 10:30:42 AM »
I have a question. How do CCAs who have not been augmented yet suddenly morph into 7'8 giants in two weeks?

They don't? 468 is OfC and he's only 6'2". Always has been.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 06:21:39 PM »
I have seen multiple 7+ feet tall CCAs.
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 11:05:06 AM »
You don't have to make a physical description guide... unless people are that fucking retarded

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 11:14:56 AM »
Also I would like to add: YOU CANNOT HAVE YOUR AGE UNDER 25 IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE DEAD OR IN STASIS(If they had a heart) IF YOU PUT SOME THING ABOUT YOU AGE IN YOUR DESCRIPTION HAVE IT "Looks XX years old" REMEMBER THAT THE YEAR IS 2016.
/rant

But yeah I am going to start asking to be able to detain people with crap like "Looks 16" "Age 19" and crap like that because its impossible.

Also some thing to note: ALEX WAS WITH THE LAMBA MOVEMENT THE WHOLE TIME that means that she was hidden and is still hidden you SHOULD NOT use this as an excuse to have a bullshit age.

/superrant

Sorry if that came off as ragey but I love hl2rp and I want other people to beable to enjoy it but not if they are not in-canon then it just makes this a very very dumb rp if no one is in-canon besides the combine and CWU.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 02:22:42 PM »
This helped, thanks. Now, I know how to make a really good player descrption.
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 03:02:09 PM »
Be sure to check out Bokslag's guide in the "Guides" section of the "General" board. It's got lots of helpful tips as well.
o7

Offline Hunger Johnson

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 08:20:38 PM »
THIS GUID MAY BE A SMALL RANT ASWELL.

HIEGHT: A height of 6'6 is the MAX for a Citizen, unless you were a basket ball player (Read on before you make that choice) Nothing wrong with a tall person, my Character(s) are hella tall, but In Real Life my hole family is tall. (Average height of a human from this time era is 5'11" ~Statua)

SIZE (Fat Muscles etc.) Do to lack of food you cannot be Pudgy, Fat, Obese, tubby, large, or double chinned. (You cannot be fat from food however, people are genetically fat so this can be an exception ~Statua) You can have some meat on you but Skin&Bones is more likely. Also, Muscles mass will deterorate after a while, Especialy without much food. You can have muscle but not like body builder. Being fit; You character should be immicaited, Or underfed, severely.

WEAPON DESCRIPTIONS I've seen a lot of descriptions with (Hidden blade) Unless you are Civil Protection these are impssible, we can all read your description, if we can, so can the CCA. If they new you had a blade on you, they'd kill you. (Unless of course you're a resistance member with a legit reason to have one ~Statua)

NON UNIFORM DESCRIPTION "Camo'd cloak and hoody" These are impossible, you must wear the Blue Jumpsuit or you get introuble. Massive trouble would be involved. (Same as above ~Statua)

PAST LIVES DESCRIPTION "Big black man that does Coke&Crack. All plants that can manufacture the sustance have been destroyed, Also. You'd die if the combine new that "Big black man" Is fine, Drugs, however is not. (Not to mention "doing crack" isn't a physical description more then a physical action. ~Statua)

RPING PAST LIFE IN THE MILITARY This RP, is very unlikely. Unless you clarify it OOC as former Spec Ops were all files are destroyed duting an invasion, do not RP military, the Combine wont like that.

IF you have anything to say/add on it will be added. And thank you Statua for the additions.

/rant

/superrant

Courtesy of Juggernuat
is from california

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal