Author Topic: Is minecraft worth it?  (Read 11669 times)

Offline looop0100

• View Profile
    • Awards
Is minecraft worth it?
« on: May 20, 2012, 10:56:43 PM »
I just wana know because I don't want to pay $30 for it and get bored of right away.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Is minecraft worth it?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:35:10 PM »
It really depends on whether you like the type of game or not. It's not the type of game you play to "win" or get the most items. You play it to be creative and have fun constructing buildings and monuments.

Watch some "let's play" videos on it. I suggest "X's" videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bh4EexJO4I&feature=plcp
His videos are a bit dated but Minecraft doesn't change much so the basic gameplay is the same.

It's up to you, basically. I, personally, have gotten well more than what I paid for (I bought it when it was in alpha and it cost about $10) and I will continue playing it for a long time.

Offline looop0100

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 09:58:54 PM »
It looks like "my kinda game" and I'll probably get it and a lot of my friends play.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 05:46:04 AM »
Imo it got shitter the more updates that came out.
Its not the same anymore, used to be a casual sandbox with some survival in it, now its more like runescape in blocks. I gurss its just me that hates all this dumb enchanting/levels/food meter/ehatever. Its just lost the fun now. Beta was good for the most part, alpha was ownage.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 06:50:26 AM »
Its not the same anymore, used to be a casual sandbox with some survival in it, now its more like runescape in blocks. I gurss its just me that hates all this dumb enchanting/levels/food meter/ehatever. Its just lost the fun now. Beta was good for the most part, alpha was ownage.

I have to agree with this. I bought the game in late Alpha and I really enjoyed it. I put thousands of hours into the game by just building my base out of a muchroom shaped mountain, and the possibilities were almost endless.
But I have to agree with Caek. Updates brought you new stuff to do, but it also destroyed the fact of sandbox and 'Do whatever the fuck you want without consequences' and got more into the 'Do this or you don't survive' game.
It's true that it originally was planned to be a game for survival, but the sandbox really made it one of the best arcades I've ever played before.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 06:57:51 AM »
Minecraft used to be way better at in/infdev stage, and even the online only creative one was better than what it is now, I hate what mojang has done with mc

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 07:21:26 AM »
^ this.
Overpriced, not worth the money anymore.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline autism

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 07:49:30 AM »
minecraft is fun to grief on, thats about it...
02/19/12 10:34:40 Nicknero1405 was killed by Nicknero1405 with a Nicknero1405

Offline looop0100

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 11:19:03 AM »
From what all you said its not sounding so good anymore.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 11:20:05 AM »
If you like the survival stuff it's not bad, but Jeb seems to be trying to turn it into something it shouldn't be in my opinion

Offline SirTai

• *~(Jason Brody Wannabe)~*
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 11:31:29 AM »
There are different gamemodes for different types of people. You like survival, go play Survival. You REALLY like survival, go play Hardcore, you like building, go play Creative.

The food thing doesn't really limit you, as using a bow, 64 arrows, and a couple potions of swiftness extended(really easy to make), i can get 192+ steaks in about 15minutes , which LAST FOR A LOOOONG TIME. Or you can use an Inventory Editor, to get you food, w/e, so there's no reason to be bitching about food. Also, hunger does not kill you, It only weakens you.

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 11:33:08 AM »
The game has done well for giving it the survival aspect, imagine GMod Stranded but in blocks and form your own terrain.

Otherwise the game was originally designed to be creative, just like GMod.

(Imo, they should have an option to have a "Old survival" gamemode, basically removing XP and food meters and returning the food back to instant health gain.)
Clearly racist.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 01:45:15 PM »
There are different gamemodes for different types of people. You like survival, go play Survival. You REALLY like survival, go play Hardcore, you like building, go play Creative.

The food thing doesn't really limit you, as using a bow, 64 arrows, and a couple potions of swiftness extended(really easy to make), i can get 192+ steaks in about 15minutes , which LAST FOR A LOOOONG TIME. Or you can use an Inventory Editor, to get you food, w/e, so there's no reason to be bitching about food. Also, hunger does not kill you, It only weakens you.

Thats not even my point

my point is it used to be a sandbox game with some random mobs added in to make a little challenge, now its turned into an RPG with potions, levels, enchanting, even more monsters, food required

i bought it because it was an awesome sandbox game

Had good times, it sucks now. Wouldnt even pay the 10€ i did back then for it now.

Offline Kryptic

• I have downsyndrome
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 03:27:10 PM »
Well, I played Minecraft in the Beta and it was actually pretty fun, so I played it a lot. Now when I play it I quit after like 5 minutes because it gets boring really easily, I guess its ok if you're new to the game 'cause you have a lot of ideas for building and you can be creative, but if you've played the game for ages, it gets boring.  :P
\r\n
[CG:SA] OzJackal has banned OzJackal for 12 hours (Gonna be very drunk, will probably do something dumb if I reconnect - its for my own good lol).

Offline Food Rapist

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 04:29:15 PM »
Well, I played Minecraft in the Beta and it was actually pretty fun, so I played it a lot. Now when I play it I quit after like 5 minutes because it gets boring really easily, I guess its ok if you're new to the game 'cause you have a lot of ideas for building and you can be creative, but if you've played the game for ages, it gets boring.  :P
while it does get boring pretty quick you have to give yourself stuff to do other than mine, like adventure 'n shit
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 05:56:12 AM by JiggerFrizz »
Hail To The King Baby

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal