Author Topic: Deathrun Gamemode(Name Yet to be Decided)  (Read 2831 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Deathrun Gamemode(Name Yet to be Decided)
« on: May 06, 2011, 07:06:08 PM »
    Name soon. Suggestions are open. I am also taking new logos.

Information
    Deathrun, which has no official name yet, is an arcade style deathrun gamemode being developed by wakeboarderCWB. I plan to expand the name "Deathrun" in Garry's Mod to make the gamemode more fun. I will be adding more features, and a less evil theme.

What's Planned?
    Well, I am sure you want to know what I have planned, so see the list below.

• Shop System. Buy hats, player models, trails, and even effects.
    • An arcade theme. Bright, catchy colors, along with arcade music.
    • An easy way to add new hats, player models, trails, effects, and map stuff for those who host the gamemode.
    • Voting system for maps with map logos(optional).
    • One model for death. A player's custom model will not be used for this team.
    • More to come soon...

Progress
    The gamemode is still in early development. I am only coding the base part, but I enjoy doing it. I will update this section with my progress as I move further along.

• Teams
    • Picking player's team system. Sets team based on certain conditions, otherwise it's random.

Media
    I will post pictures/videos here. Stay tuned...

Gamemode Codes
    I will post codes on how to add new items for the shop, maps, etc here. Stay tuned...

Feel free to comment below. Ask me any questions, suggest a name or logo for the gamemode, or point out anything you don't like or wish to be added.[/list]
    « Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 07:07:40 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline Boelens |????ž?|

• Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    Re: Deathrun Gamemode(Name Yet to be Decided)
    « Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:17:45 PM »
    Well, not sure if you knew but deahtrun already exists and I wont call the name, but theres a server wich created Deathrun and it already has everything you plan.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 02:45:04 PM »
    Well, not sure if you knew but deahtrun already exists and I wont call the name, but theres a server wich created Deathrun and it already has everything you plan.
    Yeah, there are plenty of deathruns. A lot of deathruns are private, though, so this one will probably be released publicly. If not, I can use it as a resource since it will be my first finished gamemode.

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
    • Gold Member
    • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
      • View Profile
      • Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 02:58:29 PM »
    Very nice Wake, good luck with this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal