Author Topic: PAC Flags for HL2 RP  (Read 9845 times)

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
PAC Flags for HL2 RP
« on: April 03, 2012, 07:45:03 AM »
I think that PAC (Player Appearance Customizer) would be good in Half-Life 2 Role Play servers because it would increase the level of detail on a player's character, like tool trust, but for the actual character rather than props. PAC, if you don't know, lets players resize, color, move, and attach props onto their player model. If your character has two shotguns and a lead pipe ICly, you can attach two shotgun onto your back. Also, for those who have weapons like a rifle, but are forced to use the SMG due to there being no rifle, you can also attach props to your hands and make your weapon invisible, giving it a proper appearance.

I believe that this would be a great feature, if obtainable by donating for applying for a certain flag.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: PAC Flags for HL2 RP
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 08:51:06 AM »
I already put up a post about this (I have no idea where it has gone so I cannot give you a link) It apparently would be too much hastle for now, wait until Gmod 13 comes out.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 09:26:41 AM »
We've already been over this in The Jokes thread.
 While everything you mentioned about PAC is true, it's going to cause RSO (Reliable Snapshot Overflow) to become an even worse of a problem than it is now. However this is definitely a feature i would like to see added in the future when Gmod 13 is out, which will apparently fix most problems of people getting RSO.

For now i'm going to have to give this idea a -Support

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »
At least get it set up for ineu_pass and set the max entity limit per person to 8. City is too entity rich and cant handle it, yes, however outlands is perfectly fine (as long as admins dont permaprop their own bases with every little detail)

Oh and I told you guys how to fix RSO and you havent done it yet so, no. Not an excuse. PAC should definately be on the server.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »
This was suggested before and highly talked about. The idea itself is a bit iffy because obviously most of us are worried of the abuse that could come with the tool itself. The only way we could see this being put in is through the flag system. It would have to be something that you must apply for and the apps would not be easy. We would have to have seen you on the server and know you are not some minge player. The tool is a good idea, but I think it is not the most fit tool to use on the city server. I believe it would fit better on outlands. Many of the props would also have to be blacklisted because we would not want people walking around with tables on their head ;/  Without further adieu the idea is okay and I think it would be okay if the standards are set above.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 12:41:54 PM »
If the people with the flags are trusted, they wont put tables on their heads. Trusted players arent little kids. We can do things on our own without the need of governers to keep us from doing wrong things. Why does the administration team not understand that?

I mean, just look at this. Backpacks are definately something you gotta see as well as insignias and if you guys wont be making items for it then give us PAC. Here's what Violet would look like:

Click to see the original size.
Click to see the original size.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:45:07 PM by Statua »

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 04:15:58 PM »
Which is why flags are a great idea. Also, the 8 entity limit is a great idea. If applied for the city, then probably a 3 or 4 limit would be good because I don't think too many people are gonna be walking around with like two shotguns on their backs with top hats and glasses.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline .:KsU:. Î?ataur

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 02:09:17 PM »
There is really no need for PAC in HL2RP... plus people with potato computers will have an even worse time on the server..

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 03:48:19 PM »
There is really no need for PAC in HL2RP... plus people with potato computers will have an even worse time on the server..
I know how you feel about the potato computer. However if your computer cant run PAC then it sure ashell wont run ineu_pass which I think is the only server that needs this with all the IC items n shit people use to survival rp.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 02:10:52 PM »
I only see PAC being useful at all on Outlands with all the obtained items.  Putting it on Shity would just increases the amount of lolrebels.

Offline Super Supreme Admiral Justin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 05:46:27 PM »
I only see PAC being useful at all on Outlands with all the obtained items.  Putting it on Shity would just increases the amount of lolrebels.

I'd like to put a medpack on my medical CWUs back or show my flashlight and clipboard on him as well. Would better the rp in city and make it more realistic. But this is still based on when gmod 13 comes out due to RSOs and stuff... 
Graphic artist | Web Designer | Gamer

Offline Taylor

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 07:35:01 PM »
I don't really like this idea, it seems like people could abuse this.

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 11:56:41 PM »

Which you should have to apply for it or donate.

If a gold member abuses v flags, it's dealt with. If someone abuses PAC, it should be pretty easy to notice.
Characters

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 10:46:04 AM »

gg for necroposting the millionth thread about the same subject...

<locked>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal