Author Topic: Whats up with the new OOC time limit?  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Chirps Pieman

• View Profile
    • Awards
Whats up with the new OOC time limit?
« on: April 28, 2012, 04:11:02 AM »
I did some OOC and noticed that the new time limit. I'm confused on why it's a minute now, it makes my OOC kind of hard to respond in.
Anyone got some answers?

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Whats up with the new OOC time limit?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 06:06:53 AM »
OOC timelimit is simply stupid, 60 seconds is dumb. I think 20 or 30 seconds at max would be fine.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 12:20:13 PM »
Because, it was placed like that because idiots LOVE to spam it and interrupt the RP going on around them.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 12:34:24 PM »
admins can/should/used to be able to set it to anything at anytime, I remember waffle not wanting any limit at all but maybe that's changed now

ooc limits are dumb, you can turn OOC off, if people spam OOC just kick them, you don't need to put on a hard limit for the whole server

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 08:20:07 PM »
admins can/should/used to be able to set it to anything at anytime, I remember waffle not wanting any limit at all but maybe that's changed now

ooc limits are dumb, you can turn OOC off, if people spam OOC just kick them, you don't need to put on a hard limit for the whole server

Super Admins are the only ones allowed into Aurowatch Configs menu, the place to change the OOC_Interval.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 08:41:06 PM »

admins shouldn't be raising it past 5 seconds ever
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 08:47:05 PM »

admins shouldn't be raising it past 5 seconds ever

Well ATM the limit is 45 seconds. It is rediculas.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Paulisdead18

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 09:30:10 PM »
I know. It's hard to say something a bit longer than normal, or to say something and reply to something someone said about it. It should be like 15-20 seconds or something. 60 seconds is just a ridiculous amount of time to wait for OOC chat.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 10:15:42 PM »

Super Admins are the only ones allowed into Aurowatch Configs menu, the place to change the OOC_Interval.

yes, thank you

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 02:55:01 PM »
I actually enjoy the limit, it seems to really keep OOC spam to a minimum. Then again I can how it can interfere with communicating when you need to send multiple messages that won't fit the standard text limit.  :-\

5% warning for necro posting.
Locked.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:23:01 PM by JiggerFrizz »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal