Author Topic: The most epic field trip!  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The most epic field trip!
« on: November 21, 2012, 12:25:13 AM »
So I'm currently a Junior at a private high school in Portland. I'm in the drama department as a member of the tech theatre group (backstage people n' all that jazz). We've got a really big and good drama department, and least from my opinion and what we're told. But the technical director and co-chair of the department's got a lot of friends in weird and sometimes good places, and a few of them happen to be people of significance in Disney's imagineering group. So, after him apparently talking with some of those guys about having a technical theatre workshop, they made it happen!

So, basically, here's what goes down. Me and a bunch of my friends from tech theatre are flying down from Oregon on a Thursday night, and are there until Sunday afternoon. During that time, we're gonna spending time in California Adventure, Downtown Disney (or whatever that shoppng place is called there), and of course Disneyland. While we get plenty of time to hit the pools, rides, shops, etc, we also are participating in different workshops over the course of our time there. During these workshops, we get to explore some of the backstage areas of the parks, see how some of their cool gadgets work, and learn and practice some of the different techniques that they implement.

I'm super excited for this thing, and although there's supposedly going to be a lot more of these in the future, they're planning on doing it every other year, so I'm just glad I made it into that timeframe. We're gonna be doing a photo project assignment while there, so I'll be sure to take some neat pictures of some of the stuff we see and do. Wh knows, maybe you'll an actual picture of me  :D

Anyways, just wanted to express how excited I was. If you guys got any questions, I can see about answering em' for ya.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal