Author Topic: [WIP] RP_City38 - suggestions pls # RIGHT CLICK > OPEN IMAGE IN NEW TAB  (Read 52917 times)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [WIP] RP_City38 - suggest features please
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2012, 03:33:39 PM »
Looks good so far, looking forward to playing on it at some point in the future :P

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2012, 03:50:29 AM »
I think using the City 11 detainment block is a good idea. It's a different scene from the usual square and empty detainment block. I think the interrogation room could use a little work since it's kind of bland and generic, but it's definitely still worth using. 

For those who don't know what the City 11 detainment block looked like:

Click to see the original size.

Anyways, I think that good maps aren't boring. And city role-play can already get pretty boring too since there's not much to do or look at in most cities. It'd be nice to see some more unique architecture rather then the constant brick and concrete surroundings. On a small scale, instead of having just having open spaces, you can put a park or an abandoned and empty market. And on a larger scale, you could even place a baseball or football field. I can see a lot more role-play coming out of that then an empty and unoccupied city.

I'm glad to see that the map is coming along. Keep up the good work.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:54:28 PM by [B] »

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2012, 05:38:22 AM »
~inspired by Bluff~

The lighting is going to be replaced and the floor will probably get edited before I'm done with the area.

Post Auto-Merged: December 30, 2012, 06:50:51 AM
I've extended and modified the cells to use prison doors rather than the shields:

Next step: brighten up the red lights and make a proper interrogation area.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 06:50:51 AM by OzJackal »

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2012, 07:51:53 AM »
I preferred the shields to be honest, looked more modern or advanced.

Love how you've made it a bit similar to the city 11 detainment but still managed to give it a unique look.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2012, 07:57:30 AM »
Looking good, very menacing cell block.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2012, 08:09:48 AM »
I think it's got way more flair and aesthetic appeal than the WIP images of the long square corridor we had before.

If I do keep making areas into boring square tubes, don't hesitate to post and be sure to suggest improvements; even if they do sound insignificant.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2012, 08:50:02 AM »
I couldn't help but notice the walk from the plaza to the embassy is a little long, could I suggest perhaps a tram or something being added if that's possible (I've seen it in human error I think), maybe a little unnecessary idk, perhaps some lighting at the very least? Presuming it's meant to be a used part of the combine infrastructure, not a worn dorn lightless tunnel.

- just realized this was in the wrong map suggestion bit, but oh well ;p
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:05:45 AM by inquisitor spiderman »

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2012, 09:02:50 AM »
I couldn't help but notice the walk from the plaza to the embassy is a little long, could I suggest perhaps a tram or something being added if that's possible (I've seen it in human error I think), maybe a little unnecessary idk, perhaps some lighting at the very least? Presuming it's meant to be a used part of the combine infrastructure, not a worn dorn lightless tunnel.

That area is currently in development and is a placeholder where more detail/lighting will be put in later.

Update: Nexus garage finished. It has a tunnel which links to the right of the embassy front entrance. The lighting is a bit dark but you get the general idea. It'll be about twice the brightness when I get around to it tomorrow. I think I'm going to edit the hexagonal metal texture to have a lower opacity on the pattern because it's starting to cause eye fatigue whenever I move through hallways and causes my eyes to blur at the sides (tested this a few times and happens regardless of how long I've been looking at the monitor).

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2012, 09:19:03 AM »
Could we see a couple shots of the plaza? I think the plaza is pretty much the most important part of the map.

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2012, 06:31:43 PM »
The plaza pictures are one page back on this post: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=21079.msg154526#msg154526

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2012, 06:42:42 PM »
The plaza pictures are one page back on this post: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=21079.msg154526#msg154526

Yeah, sorry, my bad.

I suggest improving the plaza lighting as it looks very bleak and depressing. Maybe add in some stores the CWU could use.

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »
I suggest improving the plaza lighting as it looks very bleak and depressing. Maybe add in some stores the CWU could use.

Do you mean that the lighting is boring/generic or that a citizen would feel bleak and depressed looking at it? As for the stores, there are two small areas that can be used for basic goods. I'll add some more shops adjacent to the CWU HQ though.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2012, 08:54:30 PM »

Do you mean that the lighting is boring/generic or that a citizen would feel bleak and depressed looking at it? As for the stores, there are two small areas that can be used for basic goods. I'll add some more shops adjacent to the CWU HQ though.

As a citizen, I would feel sad just looking around, it's so dark and gloomy.

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2012, 09:05:47 PM »
It doesn't really seem like a plaza to me. It needs to be more organized I guess you could say.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2012, 09:22:40 PM »
isn't the HL2 night theme meant to be depressing and gloomy? the combine haven't really fine tuned their decorating skills and I think they'd rather have people depressed.

I don't think the plaza looks unorganised, just different which might be a good thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal