Author Topic: Battlefield Three  (Read 7943 times)

Offline Fishy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Battlefield Three
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 06:08:53 PM »
I'd suggest NOT getting it for PC, as it requires origin (fake steam) which allows them to look what programs you are running and what websites you are visiting. You really want that?
I don't think they're even allowed to according privacy laws.
Sure they can watch your process and if you're using a hack, but websites?

lol idiots. Origin is just like steam just worse. Origin can not look at what your doing because of privacy laws correct however they can if you agree to a terms and conditions that says they can ;p Origin it self is not an anti-cheat. Origin is just a platform to download, install and update games on just like steam, it just so happens steam also has a second program running on it VAC. Origin might come with PunkBuster (yay lol)
You are trying to explain?
I don't get this shit, I will just buy it over Steam, Steam isn't connected with Origin.
The explanation, and all of it, I'm mindfucked.

Thats the entire issue here. Steam and EA are having a fight. BF3, and ME3 will NOT be released for steam. ONLY for origin. Didn't you notice other EA games such as Crysis 2 have been removed from steam? Duuh.

Have you even tried Origin, or are you just going by what you've read?

Origin isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be. The Live support is actually useful, they've solved every single problem I've thrown at them.  You can also just close Origin once you launch the game, so..

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 07:17:02 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9KOUi02We0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9KOUi02We0</a>

Offline Desperado

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 09:49:18 AM »
Also fyi the only reason competive fps like cod etc on consoles is cos its a hell of a lot easier to set up then it is to set up with pcs.

Pc gaming fps is so much easier then pc in my opinion cant play for shit on console with fps but with pc im beast

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 10:05:13 AM »
Also fyi the only reason competive fps like cod etc on consoles is cos its a hell of a lot easier to set up then it is to set up with pcs.

Pc gaming fps is so much easier then pc in my opinion cant play for shit on console with fps but with pc im beast
I totally get what you just said...
I think it's just the range of your fingers having to move to do something, reaction speed.
On a controller, console it's not far.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 11:08:23 PM »
And I think there's just something really intuitive about pointing and aiming with a mouse. I'm sure it's easy to get used to console controllers after a while. For me, though, I found it really easy to start PC gaming without much prior experience. Using a mouse seems very straightfoward compared to using analog sticks for consoles.
o7

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 11:19:47 PM »
Closed beta starts tomorrow(or so I heard)
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 12:07:52 AM »
Same...

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 12:09:30 AM »
This game has been hyped up way too much by editors and E3 as well. Looks good, even tells us it is good. Lets wait and see what happens.

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 12:18:04 AM »
I'm really looking forward to Battlefield 3, what they have shown so far just looks insanely awesome.

Oh, and singleplayer actually looks pretty good.

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2011, 01:35:19 AM »
Open BETA, the 27th for if you have pre-ordered the full copy.
And 29th for everyone, both until ten October.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 04:59:59 PM »
One reason I'm getting it for PC. I want mods.

Also, I'm not a console guy, never was.

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 05:05:23 PM »
Console ~24 Players.
PC ~64 Players.

My PC wont be able to handle 64 players though.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 05:16:23 PM »
Console ~24 Players.
PC ~64 Players.

My PC wont be able to handle 64 players though.

Understood, but I can run BF2 with my cheap Ge-force card, and getting a better one soon, so it will be good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal