Author Topic: Overwatch short story.  (Read 1898 times)

Offline [WB] SDS Bandy [CO] [15th]

• What is blood if not for shedding? -TheCandyMan
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Overwatch short story.
« on: December 07, 2012, 05:13:07 PM »
My first attempt at a story in a while. Please give me feedback on how to improve and ideas are good. The next part I am currently working on so expect that soon.

Overwatch

Before "Revolution" 2200 hours.

As UU.OTA.RAVEN-1.99089 entered the dimly lit room two more OTA soldiers followed her. UU.OTA.RAVEN-1.99089 stopped with the other two OTA in front of a tall, metal, door. They stood there for five minutes waiting to be allowed entry and as they waited a the audible voice of Dispatch could be heard speaking "Join the Union today for upgraded life and benefits. Union, Justice, Law." UU.OTA.RAVEN-1.99089 listened to the familiar broadcast and just ignored it when suddenly the tall door opened and the SeC walked briskly out from the meeting, the OTA moved in instantly and stood in front of a long desk awaiting to be spoken too.

Post Auto-Merged: December 07, 2012, 05:48:32 PM
11 months earlier
Operation "Hell Storm"

UU.OTA.RAVEN-1.99089 shouted to the Overwatch soldiers <:: Get down! Prepare for Fire storm strike." As soon as she finished her sentence an overwhelming BANG! shuddered the earth at UU.OTA.RAVEN-1.99089's feet and a massive blaze of fire swept up around the Resistance held town. UU.OTA.RAVEN-1.99089 got up from behind the wall she was covering behind and slowly walked, AR2 in hand towards her squad <:: RAVEN, gather up and prep for briefing." All around her five Overwatch Soldiers ran towards UU.OTA.RAVEN-1.99089 and stood awaiting orders <:: RAVEN, load your weapons, we march for Villa De-Contasto straight away" All the Soldiers around loaded in fresh pulse rounds and started a forwards march towards the east, straight into the belly of the beast.

4 hours later.

Screams all around, blood all over, bodies scatter the small villa and as UU.OTA.RAVEN-1.99089's team moved under the sewers they saw what was happening, the resistance had started killing innocent people in a hope to scare all into fighting, claiming this was the work of the Union. UU.OTA.RAVEN-1.99089 held her hand up in an order for the other five to stop, and stop they did. In a quiet yet robotic tone <:: Soldiers, prep for injection, ready flash grenades, we wish to interrogate all inside." All five nodded and holstered their AR2's and held out flash nades. UU.OTA.RAVEN-1.99089 raised her hand and pointed at to soldiers than to either side of a small grate and the two moved and stood ready. UU.OTA.RAVEN-1.99089 gave the order to toss all grenades into the small room and as soon as they did people started to scream and blind fire, killing most of their own in the doing of this UU.OTA.RAVEN-1.99089 spoke in her normal, robotic tone <:: Inject." and all the Overwatch soldiers converged on the small room, taking down all the people inside, some tied up units are heard speaking words of praise <:: Soldiers, untie these units." two of the soldiers untied the 3 units and proceeded to pick them up and carry them to 99089 <:: Men, you got captured, I hereby deem you unworthy to the union from direct orders of HC you are sent to death." 99089 aimed her AR2 at the Units and fired a shot into each Units head. 99089 reloaded the AR2 she carried and ordered all five of the soldiers to follow her.

2 hours later.

UU.OTA.RAVEN-1.99089 sat in a chair talking to a citizen <:: So, you were being held captive correct?" "Yes." <:: You say your name is William Johnson, relation to Alica Johnson, corredt? "Yes. Do you know anything of her?" <:: She is scheduled for relocation to City 45." "Oh thank the skies she is ok!" <:: Now now citizen, answer me, why are you here?" "I was sent in by a Razor train, this was City 13 after all." 99089 starts to mumble down her radio and then she speaks again <:: That is.... impossible, we shot this place with pulse mortars and Fire storm rockets. How in the name of the Union did it survive?" "Underground tunnels, we used 'em. So, anything else you require from me?" <:: Yes, you are to be sent to City 45 to await interrogation, you will be then sent too City 5 when this "Alica" arrives."

Present
"Revolution"

UU.OTA.RAVEN-1.99089 stood at the desk with the other two soldiers, talking to the newest SeC when a loud BOOM! rings through the whole compound, then another <:: Hmmph, GRID must be testing those new explosives they made." muttered 99089. <:: 99089, get RAVEN together as it's time to breach the factory in the RED zone." 99089 nodded and ordered her two soldiers to follow her out of the room, the other SeC who they saw walk out earlier walks back with minor explosive damage to his armor.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:48:32 PM by Jack Bandy »

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Overwatch short story.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 09:17:16 PM »
Amazing story, I'd like to say. :P Caught my attention quickly when I got a quarter into the history.
I like the way you start it up. It makes me think, something bigger is going on, than it is shown and heard. It is a mysterium, ( the explosions ) even though the RAVEN OTA unit says it's GRID.
Great story, couldn't have written it better myself.

There is of course, a couple of few typo's here and there, which I bet I would have done too. :P
Support from here and keep up the good work. :)

Offline [WB] SDS Bandy [CO] [15th]

• What is blood if not for shedding? -TheCandyMan
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Overwatch short story.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 09:23:45 PM »
Thanks.

I was actually not making this intentionally. I was playing CoH (Totally nothing to do with HL2RP) when I remembered how organized the OTA are. And then I was making a story.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:54:18 PM by Jack Bandy »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal