Author Topic: Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications ||::>  (Read 19617 times)

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications ||::>
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2011, 06:40:52 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Rictalspace

IC Character Name: John Bourne

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

John has always been passionate about authority. All his life he has wanted to be in a position of authority. However, this was not to be as he failed many attempts at getting into the Police Force as a young adult. His many failures have not altered his attitude towards them however. Once he was moved into City 18, he took notice to the CCA and their actions towards people. He felt that they were his future goal, and so concentrated on their movements and actions in the coming weeks. He kept testing himself on what a unit would do after an action occurred. He made sure he was perfect before attempting to become a loyalist. His ambition for the CCA drove him to strive for greatness. He also took notice to other peoples opinions of them to make sure his view wasn't biased by his ambition for them. This is what has driven him for the past few weeks to do.

John has always wondered what lay behind the giant metal walls. Inside the walls he imagined discipline and authority. He would sometimes dream that he would be one of those units who was ordered to carry out a detainment protocol on an Anti-Citizen. Each time he would think to himself the procedures, what they might be like. He looked at it from every angle, from what he observed from the units outside, and created several scenarios with his imagination. John found those who disobeyed the Union to be mindless beings who were not acting for the greater good. He felt that those who rebelled should be stomped out to keep peace and social stability intact. Those who did not meet the specifications of a perfect citizen should not be worthy of living in the great cities such as City 18.

He wants to become part of something big and enforce the law on those who disobey it. He feels as though his enrollment in the CCA will be an effective and advantageous one. He wants to enforce the law on those who feel that the city is not good enough to them, to those who feel that life is not enough. He wishes to teach each and every one of them the glory of life and why people should cherish it. He plans to do this with an iron fist and let nothing slip though his fingers. Mistakes are not a part of his dictionary, he feels that a failure is something that happens to the weak. That is why he feels he must join the CCA to enforce the iron fist of the CCA over the City to keep society intact.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)

Loyal, Motivated, Keen, Understanding, Ruthless, Lawful.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?

I expect the CCA to be difficult for me and my character as we begin our roleplaying journey in the CCA. However I believe that it will ease as we begin to learn and train to become more and more effective. I feel that the roleplaying experience will be one to remember as my character keeps peace in the city and stomps out anything unnecessary to the CCA. I feel that for me, the experience will be tough to learn everything and to keep a cool mind whilst on show to the whole server. I feel that as a CCA, you are what people see in the server, so a good CCA means a strict and co-ordinated server. To get the most out of my roleplaying experience, I must learn until I am perfect at what I do. Practice makes perfect.

For my character, John, it will be a new experience for him as a CCA. He will experience things he has never experienced before and will find it hard to adjust. But with perseverance he will be able to overcome the change and become a unit of greatness. He will eventually gather the information he needs to be a perfect unit and minimize mistakes. At a recruit, he will find it hard to get all his duties done on time and in good condition as he has never experienced something like this before. Once he begins to get the hang of it, the pressure and stress will ease on him as he suits into his new aspect of life. As he hopefully climbs up ranks, he will learn what it truly means to be a CCA unit as he keeps society in peace and halting any anti-civil activity.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

John Bourne had a tough life when he grew up, his attempts at greatness were always stomped out by some factor or another. When he was two and had just finished his first Lego tower, his younger brother would come and wreck havoc on it. His life was one of constant failure. His heart became ever weaker as failure after failure appeared at his feet. He began to lose hope on what his future career might be. By the age of twelve, he was in his first year of secondary school. He was new just like the others and wanted a good early foothold in what might drive him to future greatness. However, whilst young, and inexperienced, he was too shy to gain a foothold in his school. He was left out from groups of friends, he studied drama which boosted his confidence. He also studied biology, mathematics and physical education. Several years past as his confidence grew. He felt that his earlier life should not hold him down for the rest of his life, so he always attempted to strive for greatness regardless of the results. He knew that one day he would have his big payoff.

Once he left secondary school with high grades, he had the whole world ahead of him. His ambition then grew for a position of authority as he attempted to join the Police force on several occasions. Each time he would try as hard as he could, but each time things would get in his way. Each failure left him stronger. It was not long until the Portal storms began to strike, and John felt that his future career may not come to fruition. Once the attack started, he took shelter in an underground housing area, hiding for months before he was found and shipped to city 14. Here he was placed into a dusty, dark and wet apartment with another man. Here he lived his life for three months, attempting to gather the new way of life. He noticed the CCA but thought nothing of them. As the months went by, he noticed their actions and how they could keep social stability within minutes of an outbreak. After a good few months, he was shipped to City 18 where he began his new life and took real notice to the CCA and began to become a Loyalist. He was determined to join and nothing would get in his way.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?

I have played roleplay for the majority of the time I have owned Garrys Mod. My hour count is now at 3000, most of which is in roleplay.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?

I started playing serious roleplay over two years ago when I joined a community named Relentless Roleplay. They ran a serious HL2RP script made by Kuro before he made Prototype. Here I grew attached to serious roleplay as we moved onto Prototype. I then became an admin here and kept with the community for two years playing the same script. Here I have developed my skills as a roleplayer. I then left a few months ago and have been looking for a good roleplay server since.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?

I have been playing here for a few weeks now after finally getting my five loyalist points.

4. What Time zone are you in?

GMT

5. In what country do you live?

England (North London, Essex)

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?

My most memorable RP experience must be during my period with Relentless Roleplay. He have run HL2RP, FalloutRP, Cider, Cider2 RP, Severance, Apocalypse RP and a few other servers. The best part out of that was my days of being a Sectoral Commander when I owned the Relentless HL2RP server in which I was SeC for several months. I kept control of the city and its inhabitants.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?

Yes, I have the ability to learn whilst listening and acting upon what I have heard.

IC Section

Full Name: John Bourne
CID: #75829
Height: 5'10
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 145 lbs
Mental Distinctions: A quick paced thinker. Quick to pay attention
Mental Defects: None noticable
Mental Advantages: Quick-learner, fast paced.
Notable Qualities: Clean, tidy, disciplined.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?

I have not. I have remained a loyalist in my time here.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?

Yes, I eat them whenever I recieve them, I also hand out what I don't eat to those who want it.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?

Yes, I believe that the Union should have dedicated units who would give their lives to ensure the stability of the city and of the Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?

Yes, all actions by me are my responsibility and mine alone. No others may take the responsibilty.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?

I shall, betrayal is not something I am keen on. The union must have dedicated units who will stand by it forever.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?

Over the past few months I have taken notice to the CCA. Their actions, they authority, their discipline. I believe I have what it takes to become one of those units and keep stability in the city and to that of its inhabitants. I believe that I can make a difference to those who believe that they can resist the Union and its qualities by stopping all actions they may undertake.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, John Bourne hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied - Backstory does not include enough information about life since the portal storms.  It is basically "The portal storms happened, I went into a city, got moved, and applied."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:27:13 AM by RTLK - deadhandisdead »

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Ponikvar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2011, 09:10:05 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Ponikvar

IC Character Name: Siera Ponikvar

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
   It all started when Siera was in Japan, When the portal storms started she was always in a trance that made her believe that nothing that was happening was real. Her family’s butler took her to city 18 where the people had gathered to stay safe and go on with their normal lives. Siera never did go back to her normal life nor could she ever for her father was killed by hostile alien life forms that came through the rifts and she would never be able to go back home. But her father’s unknown death will only be the start of it all.
   Her family’s butler had stayed by Siera's side the whole time but that would have to come to an end at some point. One morning he went out go restock their food but luck would have it that the 7 hour war started very soon after he left. Siera had awaken that morning to find that the butler was gone, so still in her weird trance she went looking for him. When Siera stumbled out into the streets she could see destruction and chaos as the Combine invaded, though she could not comprehend what was going on because of her trance.
   There was one thing that broke Siera out of her trance, and that was the sights of the butler's body, laying in a pool of blood,  shot dead. At that moment Siera knew that she had to run and stay alive, so she stared to run. She ran all the way to the other end of the city before she blacked out, when she started to come back she realized she wasn’t in the spot she blacked out. Siera is in what she thinks is a lobby of a hotel and a lone T.V. is on showing Wallace Breen surrender Earth to the Combine. Some time later Siera finds herself in the train station of city 18 in a line of people being handed their city 18 jumpsuits by the combine. The very second she saw the combine she though she found a way to stay alive. That way was to join the combine and rise through the ranks.

Cold
Dedicated

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?
OOC: I expect that joining the Combine will give me a new and more difficult way to role play. I’m sure it will take a good amount of time and dedication but I'm willing to put in that time and dedication because i think its worth it. When i play as a Civil protection unit I'm sure I'm going to learn many new things in role playing and even increase how well i can role play. This is what i will expect from joining the Combine Civil Authority.
IC: I’m sure that joining the Combine Civil Authority will not be easy. As a girl who never had to do much for herself i will have to learn how to rely on my self and those who out rank me. Also I'm sure the Combine Civil Authority will have a laugh as i struggle with tasks that most others could do but I'm also sure that i will get just as strong as they are. This is what I, Siera Ponikvar, expect from joining the Combine Civil Authority.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
   In July,18,1990 Siera Ponikvar was born into a rich American family that lived in Ohio. Her family was the founders of a computer software corporation called Onik and was very well known for their anti virus software and their operating systems. Only a year after Siera was born her mother died in a fatal car crash, and her father was never home for he was always at work, so she would grow up with no parents to but instead she had the family butler. The families butler was a 69 year old Japanese man named Goro Isumoto, and had worked for the Ponikvar family for over 10 years. Goro took it upon himself to help Siera grow up in a world where she would have no parents and he did so like she was his own daughter. When Siera got to her elementary school years she was avoided my all the kids because they didn’t know what to do in front of someone who had a family that was as rich and powerful as hers so she always got the cold shoulder. This lead to Siera becoming a cold and anti social person. With everyone giving her the cold shoulder only the family butler would listen to her and help her, and so he became her only friend. When Siera was 14 she found herself in japan, the year was 2004. Goro found himself taking Siera to the nearest city to protect her from the hostile aliens from Xen that where coming out of the rifts. Siera's father was killed by the aliens when he was out looking for Siera, before the portal storms Siera stayed with Goro and his mother who lived out in the country, at Goros mothers home. Siera, not knowing what city she was in and not knowing any Japanese was going into a sort of trance that made her almost mindless, all she could do was eat, sleep, and when Goro was lucky say a few words. After a few years the year was 2015 and the 7 hour war was about to begin. Goro went out that morning to get Siera a present because it was July 18, her birthday. Siera wakes up that morning hearing a lot of loud noise, she didn’t even bother to think about, but when she noticed that Goro was not in the hotel room she when t out looking for him so he would make her Breakfast. When she got outside she didn’t even seam to notice the people running and screaming, nor did she notice the drop ships and Striders ripping through the Japanese military. But what she did notice is the body of her butler laying out in the streets covered in blood with a small box rapped in paper in his hand. When she came across this sight she snapped out of the trance in seconds and realized that she was in danger and all she could do wad leave her only friend on the streets and live. Siera ran from the fighting all the way to the other side of the city only to find that it to was being destroyed and that is when she fell to the ground blacking out from exhaustion. When she awoke she noticed she was in a lobby with other people all around watching one small T.V. screen. What she heard from the T.V. before blacking out again was Wallace Breen surrender Earth to the Combine. Some time later she found herself in line at a train station in a city that people she didn’t know called City18. This is where she first noticed the Civil Protection, they where handing out City 18 jumpsuits to everyone who was going into the city. At this moment she knew what she had to do to survive and to survive she had to join the new power that controlled earth, The Universal Union. Siera has spent a a year in city 18 working on becoming a loyalist and forgetting Goro and her family by the chemicals that was being fed to her and so many others.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? About 250 hours out of the 300 hours i have spent on Gmod.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Just more than a week.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Just more than a week

4. What Time zone are you in? Eastern

5. In what country do you live? America

6. How old are you? 17

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? When i was on the server there was only 4 Civil Protection on and over 10 Citizens, For some reason one of the CP came into the UCH and had one of the other female Civilians wipe dirt off of his boots. But soon after that a mob of people over took the CP unit and killed him and hid his body up stairs in a room. Me, being a loyalist went out to get the other CP units to go and help. What happened was a stand off between two CP units, one was a recruit, and 5 people who also took the dead CP's gun. It came to a stand still though for both sides started blaming each other for powergaming but when it lasted it was the most fun i have had on a role playing server.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I do consider myself as a good listener.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC Section

Full Name: Siera Ponikvar
CID: #22904
Height: 5'5
Hair Color Light blond
Eye Color: Dark Blue
Sexual Orientation: Strait
Weight: 119 pounds
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Defects: Social Anxiety
Mental Advantages: Very good Hand Eye Coordination
Notable Qualities: Always tries her best.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No, I have not.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Everyday.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes, I am

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes, I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes, I will.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? The Civil Protection is the future and the future will live.

I, Siera Ponikvar hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]
Denied - Backstory and reasoning do not follow eachother.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:33:07 AM by RTLK - deadhandisdead »

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2011, 09:13:50 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: NOTHING/Brandon

IC Character Name: Robert McKenny

The reason why starts back about two years ago, back in City 42. City 42 was a, "Lower" type of a city. It was a bit more ran-down, loyaltist where harder to be found. And so on. Durning this time, Robert watched as crime happened in the city. Such as anti-citizens, rebels, (Which was a one-time thing for him.) and so on. He had never recieved the chance of becoming a unit because he still tried to fight back aginest everything that had happened. The drugs inside the rations haven't effected him enough yet. Though he still became a loyaltist after a while. Sadly, it was no use. Constantly beaten by the "lower" citizens you could say, scars began to appear over his face, and if something didn't happen soon, he would probbly end up dead.

It wasn't long before this City 42 couldn't hold itself up, and then came the downfall - Citizens fighting back, rebels exiting the shadows, units failing due to the mass ammount of citizens they already couldn't control. Quickly, some of the citizens where deported, one of these being Rodger. Lucky for him - soon after the C.O.T.A.'s took control, destroying the city. Rodger was split up with anybody he ever knew. Taken to City 18, which was said to be a much better city. By now Rodger has given up, his memory of anything before City 42 was destroyed - besides some of his few personal memories.

City 18 is where we are today. Rodger had seen more then he could take, and believes somebody needs to up-hold the laws. City 42 couldn't do that, and he wants to make sure City 18 does. What really impacted my character, Rodger, to take up the Combine Civil Authority is the fact the chemical drugs in his rations have worked - He thinks the combine have always ruled, and thinks we have to serve them. He also met another female citizen - another loyaltist, that encouraged him. Rodger has his armband and loyaltist status - and is ready to serve.

To start, my character is pretty trustworthy, he can always do a task you give him. Second, my character is, "protective" you could say. In other words, he will sacrafice something to save others. Finally, he can take plenty of pain, things might hurt, but he can take it better then the average citizen.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.

I expect the Combine Civil Authority to be filled full of good roleplay, for my character to make it into high command, and that there is a lot of interesting & fun roleplay. I also expect that by now the Cvil Authority is back in order. (Last unit, I didn't get basic training for two days, and I patrol'ed ICly with little to no information about what to do.) And my character believes that it might some, "special" rewards, such as lots of special U.U. foods. After all - how can they run around all day like that? He also believes that it might be, "Easier" to live. Such as not fearing if a Judgement Waiver will happen soon, or if you'll starve to death.

I, OOC'ly, expect that we do not have another big mistake. ( Such as the R.D.C. bomb problem that caused Teh Penguin to leave CG.) And that the high command can take full control of the C.C.A. And I expect that you RP my recruit, that is, if I get one again, with some nice RP. Not being left off forcing to metagame by making my chracter magically know stuff about the Combine Civil Authority. Finally, I expect to finally get through our dim-witted minges heads and teach them a thing or two. They would probbly talk to the person in the pretty suit and gun if you understand what I mean.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character.  This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

Rodger McKenny was born in 1982 at Cornfield Hospital, located in Cornfield, Texas. Now, the McKenny's family was actually related to a popular movie star, Jack McKenny. Which lived up north and was in several horror movies. But thats getting away from Rodger's story. Anyway, Rodger was born here in Cornfield, a small town in the South-West Texas area. The McKenny's themselves where not very rich, so they never had anything more technical than one Televistion. Taking a closer look at Rodger, Rodger was a good child, he was playful, social, and nice all-in-all. As Rodger slowly grew up, he started going to school, he started having friends, and basicly Rodger lived an average life.

In 1996, Rodger was 16, and his Mother had pased from sickness. It was a sad time, Rodger's grades dropped, he started to avoid his friends, and eventually, they both moved off to a city known as Dallas, Texas. It was much different - Constant noise, bigger city, and so on. The years once more seemed to slip by, and soon, he went to work at a McDonald's. He then started going and taking night classes at a college, hopping one day to become a lawyer. But after some time, the portal storms began.

During this time, it was total chaos, headcrabs attacking, vorts. fleeing from the combine, and everything else. Robert soon found himself fleeing, finally finding shelter amoung a group of others, this went on for a little while, until the 7-hour war. Where the combine then had taken over Earth. As Rodger was sent into City 42, a populated city not too far from his home town in Cornfield.
Rodger accepted the fact that freedom was over, that he couldn't do anything, and decided to, "Play along" to what they say to do so he doesn't get into trouble.

Rodger continued to live in city 42, now at this time City 42 was still nice, just like any other city. Rodger simply was the, "Average citizen." He did what was told and nothing more. But after a matter of a few years, Rodger started to believe, believe that the combine was there one true leader and they must respect them. So Rodger slowly became a loyaltist. And by the time he did, City 42 had turned into a dump. Anti-citizens filled the streets, rebels hide in the shadows. And Robert would be the one left out by these people. And once, a group of rebels had taken him, and remained helpless, beat him terribly, leaving scars across his face. And soon, chaos struck once more. An outbreak of citizens lead to a, "Rebellion" you could say. Citizens attacking with what they had, rebels coming out of the shadows and fighting with them, loyaltist fleeing, (Such as Robert.) and the Civil Protection, slowly starting to lose the fight. Soon, they began trasporting any type of loyal citizen's away quickly, one of these being Robert. And little did Robert know - COTA moved into City 42, killing anybody left there.

Robert was trasported to City 18, even though he was always loyal - they took his loyaltist status off as soon as he exited the station. He began a new - in City 18, where, "Its safer here." Robert didn't want to take it anymore, so he decided to attempt to become a Civil Protection unit. Working hard for his new armband, Rodger found new friends - and enemies, here. Finally, he recieved his armband, and had taken an application for the Civil Protection. Filling it out, gave it to an officer. Which leads us to where we are right now.

OOC Details

About...Two years?

About a little less than a year.

A little before summer started. (About 3 months.)

Central American Time.

U.S.A.

6. How old are you?
16 years old.

Probbly on a recent character, Adolf Steinlin. He was a anti-citizen hiding out with a friend of his. The RP was quite fun and exciting because several times we where almost found by patroling units in District 2 of City 18.

Lets just say I shutup when I need to, and I try my best to remember what you said. (Yes.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC Section

Full Name: Robert McKenny
CID: #10612 // (NOTE: If its wrong, I have a bad memory with my CID's and I'm sorry.)
Height: 6'0
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Green
Weight: 127lbs.
Mental Distinctions: N/A
Mental Defects: A.D.D.
Mental Advantages: N/A
Notable Qualities: N/A

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Nothing besides an average, "Contraband check" and such.

Its the only thing I ever eat, besides something I may purchase from a Civil Worker.

Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

To keep our soce society safe for our citizens, and to lead in the just cause.

I, Robert McKenny hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted for Interview/Loyalist Check
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:42:11 AM by RTLK - deadhandisdead »
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Goten

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2011, 11:29:47 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Thor God of Thunder

IC Character Name:Jacob Smith

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. The reason why my character wishes to join because during the seven hour war he was droven into insanity due to his family being killed all that remains is himself and he just went along with it because he knew if he tried anything against the rebels he knew he would die. He mainly wants to join so he can keep resistance from starting up and to keep peace to the cities and kill those who rejected the combine for helping the planet keeping it in place. He doesnt care if anything happens during him being changed into a combine due to him being hateful towards rebels.
      The rebels have also driven him into insanity a second time because they always wanted to fight, fight, and fight when he just wanted to live his natural life and they told him to fight and he rejected and ran away. He was never allowed to come back and he was angered by them due to the fact they were commanding him around all the time like he was a baby. After he was made a Citizen he was sent to City 18 to begin his life there.
     And a couple hours before the combine started attacking he was working for money which isnt worth anything due to the combine changing it to tokens. He just wanders around wondering what to do while the combine watch him and hes upset due to his life being lost. He hasnt tried anything at all to harm the combine in anyway or audio violate right now he rather listen to important things the administers say if he is higher rank then him and will follow any new rules put or Sectorials.                                                                                                           
Trustworthy, Because he does a task that he is told to do. Vengeful, Because his family was killed by rebels Brave. to do something that risks his own life.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? My character doesnt expect it to be a piece of cake and he is gonna try his best even if it is worth being executed he wishs to help no matter what even if hes a RCT in the future. And for me Im going to have troubles some time like some what said in the character way i do expect it to be challenging. My character also will always salute his superior when ever they come by and he will stand guard if ordered and listen to anything he is told. The last thing he wants to do which is never gonna happen is become a rogue unless he is drove to become one... "Paragraph 2" My character is going to be working for the rest of his life as a combine and will remain peaceful even if promoted if during crisis he can command well if orderd to take lead. He will try to come up with plans if it is possible of him and he is very thoughtful towards others and may make a suggestion about the city. When hes been promoted he will work harder each time to gain a rank up and take control of others under him. I will detain criminals for having contraband or beat them depending what type they have.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words. He was born on June 12, 1993 at a hospital in New York when he was 5 years old he was being bullied by kids when he started kindergarden and he always cried for help when he was bullied and no one came to help. When he was 13 entering middle school he was embarresed to be around friends because he still cried from remembering that and when he was  was 16 the last grade of his middle school he got a girlfriend named Crystal and when they got into highschool together they got more into there relation ship but crystal was tired of the same stuff that he did for her and broke up with jacob leaving him heartbroken but he got over it quickly due to her being spoiled. He moved on and when he finished his school at the age of 19 thats when the combine came and his life begun there fully when he was free he saw the kids get massacared and such and he was placed in a city walking around doing nothing. 4 Years later when hes 23 He is having troubles with his life wanting to join the Civil Protection but it is troubling him because he would be turning his back on everyone and this is where he is today... Deciding what to do around these days he always had a urge to resist but he wants to join the civil protection and he has his loyalist armband with him.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 500 hours+

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 200-300 Hours.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? In General, I think nearly 70-150 hours

4. What Time zone are you in? GMT-5

5. In what country do you live? America

6. How old are you? 11

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Honestly, On a Half Life 2 Role Play server I had many moments as a cp fighting the rebels like rping with them taking shots and such.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Decently, But yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Jacob Smith
CID: 97314
Height: 6'2
Hair ColourBrown
Eye Colour:Brown
Sexual Orientation:Female
Weight:115
Mental Distinctions:None
Mental Defects:None
Mental Advantages:None
Notable Qualities:Tries his best no matter what.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? I have not been detained or apprehended for a sociostability

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? All the time.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? To keep peace to the city and keep the resistance from starting up and to remain balance to the cities and the other reason is for keeping people in the place following the rules of the Civil Protection.

I, Jordan Smith hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied - Application does not meet requirements.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:44:19 AM by RTLK - deadhandisdead »

« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2011, 11:37:17 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:

SandvichParty the Pigmask!

IC Character Name:

Kevin Cooper

Kevin Cooper had a tough time deciding over rebels and Combine Civil Authority, but decided for the better and decided to apply for the Civil Authority. His friends, most whom were loyalists and the rest trying to be, encouraged him to "go for it". He thought it was a great idea. Kevin Cooper realizes that he'll likely have to give old friends up, and possibly make new ones, but he's willing if he wants to become a Civil Authority. He's always been on the side of the Combine, requesting a Civil Protection if neccesary. He's happy as a loyalist but wants to take the next step up on the ranks. He'd like to help the Combine Civil Authority in all of their actions, and has already done much to help them in their efforts, including reporting someone that wanted to begin a rebellion, signing up for Loyalist status as soon as possible, and always doing anything he can to help them.

Kevin Cooper knows that a Combine Civil Authority is given a fairly large amount of power, and also realizes that that comes with a larger amount of responsibility. If he is to become a Combine Civil Authority, he will carefully read over the regulations, rules and verdicts that are given to him. He will be completely impartial in his decisions, listen to his superiors and be respectful to all Combine Civil Authority. If he's given an order, he will do it as soon as he can, and do it with wit and respect. Kevin Cooper would love to sign up for Combine Civil Authority because of the added bonuses they get, such as regulated food and water, and more.

Kevin Cooper won't forget that Combine Civil Authority are constantly dealing with many issues, and will make sure to deal with as many as he possibly can to help the Combine in their efforts. He'll always fly straight and narrow with the combine, doing all he is expected to do and, if possible, more. He'll use his equipment only if neccesary and follow all the rules they're expected to. He will try to move up the ranks, but if thats not possible, he'll do all he can at his current rank. Kevin Cooper will respect the units of the Combine Civil Authority as one, and never slip up in his efforts. He's put his heart and soul into becoming Combine Civil Authority, and will be happy but respectful if he is approved, very happy and respectful indeed.

Lawful, Friendly, Respectful, Agile, Persistent.

Kevin Cooper, as said before, knows that its a large responsibility to be a Combine Civil Authority, and will follow the rules and regulations of it. He expects to be able to deal with anti-citizen behavior, such as rebellion, uncivilized acts, and contraband as soon as possible, rather than report it and run the risk of the suspect getting away. He'll do as much as he can to aid the Combine Civil Authority, and destroy the efforts of the rebels. Kevin Cooper knows that being a Combine Civil Authority is more physically healthy, and hopes to become stronger and more agile as a Combine Civil Authority unit. Before he applied for the Combine Civil Authority, he became a Loyalist, as all others do, so he knows what its like to respect his superiors and the like. He's always hated rebels, even if he did almost consider joining them at one point (but decided not to). He'll give his best efforts to help the Universal Union in their efforts.

He will put his very heart and soul into helping the Combine Civil Authority. He will put blood, sweat and tears into destroying the Rebels. He will make sure that Citizens do as they are supposed to, act civilized, and do not commit crimes to hinder the acts of the Combine. He'll use his tools and weapons to as much use as they can be put to, and will love his job as much as a man possibly can. He'll have to give up old friends, but is willing to if it is to aid the Combine Civil Authority. He may even make new friends while working in the Combine Civil Authority. He's a hard worker, very persistent, and, as said before, he'll do all he can to help the Combine Civil Authority and Universal Union.

Kevin Cooper was born April Seventh, Ninteen Seventy Two in a hospital in Georgia. When he was only three his mother died of cancer, and only two years after, when he was five, the bank that his father worked at was set aflame, and his father was buried underneath piles of stone and wood. Now orphaned, he denied any offers to go to an orphanage and lived alone in the back alleys of Georgia. When he was eleven, a stranger convinced him to live with him, and it turned out to be the greatest time of his life, despite his mothers warnings to never talk to strangers. The man always treated him more kindly than any orphanage ever could have, and while the man was a bit low on money, he would always spend all he could on little Kevin, keeping him fed with clean clothes and very healthy. Of course, years later, in 2015, that all changed with the Seven Hour War. The day before it happened Kevin had almost decided to join the police. He's lucky he didn't as all police and army men were killed during and after the Seven Hour War.

Kevin Cooper was still living with the man after the Seven Hour War, but the man was shot down for yelling at a Civil Protection, not knowing how much they were capable of. Kevin Cooper then decided he would live on his own, as everyone else did. He lived in the bomb shelter of his "fathers" house, eating canned food and nonperishable goods until the Combine found him and relocated him to City Twelve. He got into a bit of trouble with the Combine there, however, disobeying an order, and got a beating. After another offense of disobeying, four weeks ago, he was relocated to City Eighteen.

Kevin Cooper, only four weeks ago, stepped off the train and onto the main train station of City Eighteen. He'd been in trouble a lot with the Combine Civil Authority before, but decided to get a fresh start. He gathered a few friends in the apartments, and after seeing one of his Loyalist friends, asked how he could become one. Knowing that he would require five loyalist points, he decided not to ask for them and simply do good deeds for the Combine. For his first and second point, he had stopped a rebellion that had two members in it. For his third and fourth point, he cleaned up stains on walls and ripped down Rebel propaganda (respectively). For his fifth and final point, he turned in level two contraband to a Civil Protection. He's earned even more points after that for cleaning up bloodstains and the like. Finally, he decided, after he became a Loyalist, that he would become a Combine Civil Authority.

OOC Details

2 years.

1 and a half years.

About a week, but I'm already pretty familiar with its players and rules, and I play almost every day for a long time.

Pacific.

6. How old are you?

Being assaulted by a mad-woman who hated Loyalists. Twice! And saved twice. By the same man. It was all a lot of fun, especially when I was only seconds away from being locked into her room when I got dragged away by the man.

Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Kevin Cooper
CID: 91360
Height: 5'9
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Weight: 182 pounds
Mental Defects: Bad Hand-Eye coordination
Mental Advantages: Fast thinking,
Notable Qualities: Jumpy, startled easily, hard-working.

No.

Almost always as soon as I get them, but if I'm not hungry then I save them for later.

Yes, I will die if its neccesary.

Yes, I accept all responsibility for my own actions.

Yes.

To aid the Universal Union in their efforts, and stop the efforts of Anti-Citizens and Rebels.

I, Kevin Cooper hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied - Question three does not meet requirements
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:52:04 AM by RTLK - deadhandisdead »

Offline [AN-SA] Pigeons

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2011, 01:04:44 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:ExplosionsAreCool

IC Character Name:Alexander Kim(technical name Alex Kim)

Alexander Kim lived in City 45 for most of his time under the Combine's rule. Where most people feared and loathed the Combine, Alexander appreciated them. But, he didn't know much better, since he grew up in an abusive family which lead to some mental issues that he really only kept to himself. His emotions were kept bottled up for years, which led to him murdering two men at the age of nineteen because they gave him dirty looks. Alexander thought that the Combine were doing a good thing by killing those who did "wrong"(or at least what he saw as wrong) and putting others in their place. Looking up to them so much, when Civil Protection came around, he found out that they were actually citizens working for the Combine, and has wanted to be a part of it since.
 Alexander made attempts to joing in City 45, but was relocated to City 18 for unknown reasons. Upon arrival, Alexander found it difficult making his place in the new society. Most of the people he talked to were against the Combine and put him down every time he talked about wanting to join them. This mostly led to him ceasing conversation with other citizens. A day or so after living in City 18, Alexander found that he could work for the Combine without having to try to apply. This work was mostly him cleaning for them, but he still considered it loyal work. He spent all his time asking Civil Protection for work, and sucking up best he could to get his Loyalist Armband, even when he was just annoying the CPs. Eventually, though, he realized that this wasn't enough, and he wanted more than just working for them. He wanted to join them.
 Authority over the citizens was what he really wanted. He also wanted the honor of being considered as part of the Combine. It's all he could ever think about, and then he finally decided he would sign up and attempt to join. Alexander is extremely loyal to the Combine, and has never once gone against them. He has killed before, so he is not scared to kill an unruly citizen if needed. He also believes that no matter what the task, he'll do what the Combine would ask him to do. But most importantly, Alexander believes that by becoming part of Civil Protection, it will make him a better person, physically, emotionally, and mentally, as well as give him a better life in the new world.

Loyal, dedicated, trustworthy, generous, persistent

I expect that I will do very well as a Civil Authority Officer, I understand that it is a big responsibility to watch citizens and do my duties as a CCA Officer. During most of my time in Cataclysm Gaming HL2 roleplays, I've always looked up to the Combine, and have wanted to be a part of it. It'll be good for me because I really believe I can handle the responsibility and authority, and I will try hard in my work. Mainly, I will not let people get away with doing illegal things, like carrying contraband, causing problems to other citizens, and the like. But definately, I wont hesitate to shoot a minge. On the other hand, I'll help other people out as best as I can when they need it, and I'll try to answer questions when asked. I believe that's mostly what being a CCA Officer is all about.

As for Alexander, he believes it will make him a better person overall. The training will make him stronger and he will be regularly fed, so it will make him better physically. Being in the ranks of the Combine, he will feel great honor and pride, thus making him better emotionally. Having the authority over citizens, and being able to take down anti-citizens and unlawful people, will make him better mentally. Overall, becoming a CCA Officer will improve Alexander most definately, and he will try the best to tackle the responsibility of being a CCA Officer. Overall, he will try his hardest in his work, be very loyal to officers of higher rank, and carry out orders as he's told.

Alexander was born by parents not ready for a child. Most of his childhood years, his family starved him, beat him, and yelled at him for really no reason at all. During school, he kept to himself and never talked to any other kids, never telling anyone about his life at home. By the time Alexander was a teenager, he had no friends and many emotions bottled up. He ended up dropping out of high school, and running away from home. Alexander didn't ever think that there were good people in the world, and mostly saw everyone else as evil and hurtful like his parents. Since Alexander dropped out of high school, and had no friends to live with, he had no job and no place to stay, so he spent majority of his years squatting in old houses or living on the streets begging for money. He murdered two men later when he was nineteen. He was sitting on the curb of a sidewalk and two men across the street were staring at him for several minutes, glaring at him, making faces, and chuckling. Alexander tried to wait for them to leave, but they wouldnt. The anger grew to be too much, so he took an empty bottle, broke it, and killed the two men by lacerating their necks.
  He was now spending his life running from the law, up until the Seven Hour War began. When it was all over, he was one of the few survivors and was placed in City 45. Life was better than it ever was for him, as he had a steady job, fair income, a home, rations, and water, all because of the Combine. He loved the Combine for what they had given him, and how there was almost no crime because of them. He spent three years in City 45 appreciating everything he had, and appreciating the Combine. He had thought about joining Civil Protection but never really got around to it, due to a relocation. Many citizens living in City 45 were relocated due to population growth, though citizens were never informed of reasons. Alexander was boarded on a train to City 18 with a few others.
  City 18 was not as good as City 45, but it was still decent. He got his rations, he got water, and he had a place to stay. Fair enough. What he loathed about the city was that nobody appreciated the Combine's work. All they did was complain about how they treated the citizens and how they want more rations. Alexander wanted nothing to do with that, so he set out to show the CCA that he wasn't like the others, and that he appreciated the Combine. He did various tasks for CCA Officers as much as possible. Eventually, he realized he wanted to be in their uniform. He wanted the responsibility and authority he never had. He set out to become a Loyalist and gain respect from officers around the city. After working hard, he earned his armband and decided it was time to apply for Civil Protection duties.

OOC Details

4-5 months
1-2 months
1-2 months
Pacific
United States
6. How old are you?
The first time playing on the City 18 HL2 RP server, I hadnt experienced serious roleplaying on any Source game before, so it was very exciting for me.
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Alexander Kim
CID: 46034
Height:6'2
Hair ColourBlack
Eye Colour:Hazel
Sexual Orientation:Heterosexual
Weight:167 lbs
Mental Distinctions:Easy to pay attention to things, always has something running through mind
Mental Defects:Some problems with childhood that cause depression and anger, but not too often
Mental Advantages:Good listener, easy to pay attention to things, dedicated to tasks he find worthy
Notable Qualities:Will to fight, tries his best at mostly everything he does

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes, when rations are recieved

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Absolutely

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Most definately

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Absolutely

Extremely loyal to Combine, want for the title as Civil Authority, want for authority in general

I, Alexander Kim    hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied - Mental imperfections will result in amputation and they would be found in screening.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:54:27 AM by RTLK - deadhandisdead »

Offline [TKZ] -Dash-

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2011, 01:58:34 AM »
 OOC Section 

OOC Name: [TKZ] -Dash-   

IC Character Name: John Staton   

John Staton's father was a security guard and John Staton is trying to follow his similar footsteps, by becoming a part of Civil Protection. He is a person who follows and tries to enforce the law. He helps by telling Civil Protection of incidents and such. John Staton wants to be able to control people, teach others what to do and what not to do. John Staton is very good at listening to people's orders/commands, thinks that his good amount of discipline will lead him into a great future.             
                 He also wants to be able to get into action, and be able to do something about law breakers and rebels. John Staton is a man of fighting, not being a pacifist and letting others do the work. He was trained 2011 in using small arms to rifles and sub machine guns. Was trained in surviving in general in war or in a foreign area/territory. John Staton is able to survive in the toughest conditions, whether outgunned, overpowered, or even being wounded. John Staton was a very disciplined person, if you ask him to do something, he will do it. And he also thinks he will make a great addition to the force.           
                 John Staton takes orders and follows them. He has little leadership skill, but a lot of willpower when it comes to a fight. During the seven hour war, John Staton was forced to not fight with the rebels; it was too obvious they would be slaughtered. So he decided to join the Civil Protection after the war and a new civilization has taken over. In 2014 John Staton made the decision of being nicer to the Civil Protection, but until 2016 he didn't start to be completely loyal to them. He was surprised the power Civil Protection has over citizens, so he wanted to join them, and that starts now, with this application.   

Fearless, smart worker, loyal, follows any orders if any are given. Trustworthy enough to watch your back. Quicker learner, is natural, and a disciplined person, listens to people constantly.   

In the first few days or maybe weeks of being in Combine Civil Authority, I expect to be ordered around. I also expect to be tested of my skills. I also expect to go through survival training. I as well expect to be trained in my knowledge of being a law enforcer. My character will expect having to go through doing a bunch of tests including survival and be tested on his knowledge of the laws.                 
                     I've played a cop in other rps like perp and DARK rp. This is the first time I'm in a HL2 role play server but, I expect to be disciplined and go through harsh courses. My character has been through many tough situations like being treated harshly by Combine but, he went with it. John Staton has nobody to love anymore, no family. He is not mentally weakened when it comes to sad emotions, and memories of his family being killed.     

John Staton was born in the country in California, an average guy whom liked guns and using them. He lived in the rural, country, where it was peace and quiet. He was in the American Army for 3 years; he was a good, fast learner, and a disciplined person. After he returned to his peaceful and quiet, home and family, in 2012, the year which the Seven hour war took place; he had lost his family, all of his family. John Staton was in a state of shock for years, in depression, with nobody to talk to, because they have died. John Staton was a strong man, physically and mentally, he knew he had to move on and do what’s best for his own survival. John Staton wasn’t cared for, nobody loved him, nobody wanted to help him.     
                    When he made the decision doing what’s best for his survival, he decided to join the Civil Protection. His dad was the main reason of him joining; he was following his footsteps, of being an officer or security guard. John Staton wants to stop into the fighting, stop the violence, the rebelling, and all the other conflict between the Humans and the Combine. John Staton is a peacekeeper, he will and does anything to stop conflict, and enforce rules.                     
                    As a kid, John Staton would come with day to work and he would watch him do his job. John Staton loved his dad’s job; he vowed to become part of the government one day. To this day, John Staton has been a very good helpful, whether it has come to reporting a crime or some suspicious activity, to even cleaning the streets and scrubbing off blood stains. John Staton was very nice, polite, and not as annoying as any other citizen when asking for a job. John Staton was a disciplined person because he was in the American Army, he has no problems with Civil Protection.

OOC Details   
A few months, 2 or 3 maybe 4 or 5   

2.How long have you played on serious servers? 1 month.   

2 days. But, I'm a fast learn on RP servers like these.   

PT   

5. In what country do you live? United States of America   

6. How old are you? 15.     

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? In PERP RP, as a swat we were raiding a place called the suburbs because of a 911 call of people growing weed, and we were in a gun fight with 6 people with most of the cops and swat, raid was successful.   

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes and a disciplined one.

IC Section   
Full Name:
John Staton   
CID: 28860   
Height: 6'3   
Hair Color: Brown   
Eye Color: Blue   
Weight: 145 lb   
Mental Defects: None     
Mental Advantages: Keen senses, able to withstand many emotions.   
Notable Qualities: Polite, clever, smart worker.   

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No, I have had no problems with Civil Protection at all.   

Yes.   

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes, and everything I own.   

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes, I do.   

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Until I die.   

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? To protect and to serve the civil society and to be able to enforce the laws. 

I, John Staton hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied - Grammar needs a lot of work, CCA requires good grammar.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:00:37 AM by RTLK - deadhandisdead »

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2011, 04:34:46 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:D.S.V.L

IC Character Name: Joe Plower

Joe Plower Would like to join the CCA because he would like to help the other CCA members enforce the rules and laws of the server. He would also wanna be able to help prevent minges from mingeing possibly leading to a ban. He would also like to stop people from trying to get across the catwalk.He would put the people in jail for the right reason and ask before breaching. He also would push people away if they get to close to the crime scene or clustered around the nexus and D2 boarder. He would also be nice to the citizens if they ask questions.

Joe Plower would also like to be a CCA member because he follows what the civil protection says. He would like to enforce the laws of the server being broken.He would also listen to the commander/cheif/citizen if there was a person/group going into the  or going past the nesus boarder if there was no unit there. He would radio in for help if stuff gets a little bit off hand. He would also ask people questions if they are doing something unusual/unrplike and why they did it.

Joe Plower would want to be a CCA member because he would not disobey the commander/cheif rules. He  would tell People directions If  they are new to the server and need to get places (even though Its not a big map) he would not give directions to get to the D2. He would   
ask people question like (Whats the guys name that Ran?, Where did he goto? .Ect.). He would bring back up incase the *Minge* try to kill him. He would listen to the person how would say if there was a person/group in the D2/Nexus if pass unsuspected. he would kill anybody who he sees go on the catwalk. He would also be polite if a person ask him where to get a flashlight.

Lawful, Trustworthy, Brave, Loyal, Innocent, Bondable, Friendly, Responsible

Joe's expecting units that he can respond to, Able to guard both D2/Nexus, sometimes to be able to get other units to do his shift guarding the Nexus or D2 to walk around a little, communicate to other units, able to get access From the commander/cheif to breach into rooms if theirs a suspect. Joe's able to warn a group of people then tell them to isolate( as someone did to me). Joe's able to sell rations when needed. Joe's able to guard the terminal saying "you've already bought one leave""If you've already bought one Leave".

I want to be able to sell rations with two units guarding and one near the door(like i saw once i got a ration). I want to be able to arrest people for the right reason (Not arresting them cause someone wants me to). I want to be able to speak with the fellow units some times. I want to be able to ask questions to the units (If i need to) so i know what to do.I want to be able to give them 3 warning before harming citizens

When Joe Plower was a young boy, the combine took him, and his family to city 16 to be citizens. Once he arrived they took him and his parents and separated them. They took them to board the train to Nova Prospect. They took him into a cell to ask him a few questions. Joe looked through the doorway to see a man who looked a bit familiar. The combine saw the man and shut the door. They continued to ask questions. After he was done he walked out and tried to board the train to Nova Prospect. The metro cops shoved him back I said "My parents are in there!" The metro cops said "Move it!" He said "No!" He grabbed my wrist and took me to a jail cell. Joe spent 7 years in prison. After the 7 years  he was released on his 18th birthday. He saw his mom. He thought she coming to see him but she was forced to get out of city 16. He went to the metros cops and asked "Where are you taking her" the metro cop said "City 4". He ran off and went to the train before the combine caught him. The doors closed as he found his mother. He asked the first thing that came to mind; "Wheres dad?" She said "The metro cops shot him". He cried for days. His mom and Joe went to a hotel and stayed there for 1 week. They both got jobs and they bought a house. The combine showed up again and asked his mother; "Is your son home" She said "yes". The combine barged though the door. It was loud and it all happened so fast. Thats when it happened. They took him and recruited him to be a metro cop. Once he was there he saw the familiar guy from the doorway 7 years ago. He asks him "what are you doing here?" He said "you dont need to know." So they took Joe to Dr.James Wallis; The Mayor of City 4. Once he was there, he went on the train to city 18. Luckily the combine didnt get him once the train took off, he took off his metro cop uniform and put on his old citizen uniform. From there he walked out then Started a whole new life.

OOC Details

3 years
2 years
1 year
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
canada
6. How old are you?
Meeting and getting along with random people.
8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Joe Plower
CID:#09406
Height:7'1"
Sexual Orientation: Women
Weight: 248 Lbs
Mental Advantages: None
Notable Qualities: Mature

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? - I would like to join CCA because I would like to ensure other users follow all required rules and regulations of the server. I would also like to ensure the D2 and Nexus boarders are not crossed. I would also like to help enforce and against minges prop killing,prop surfing, and prop trapping. CCA would be benefited by having me apart of them because i have used rp servers for quite awhile so i know my way around.

I,Joe Plower hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]
Denied - RP skills do not meet the needed skill.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:01:42 AM by RTLK - deadhandisdead »

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2011, 12:53:09 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: AntiGlados222/Killajoejoe0/LemonHobo2

IC Character Name: Frank Dales

Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so: Well, let's start simply. Frank has always been very patriotic towards the Universal Union, and knows all he needs to really know about them. He has literally cleaned up his act, through sweeping streets, stores and apartments. He has achieved various amounts of Loyalist points through his dediction and friendly-ness to all Civil Protection officers that pass by. He also needs a better way of life, as he has seen how the officers live their own lives. He believes that becoming a fellow officer is like being resurrected from the dead. It opens up a whole new life for people, in a good way. He has given officers help, with his trusty request device, and has cut down on crimes that could have gotten out of hand, such as the citizen who wanted people to fake his death, in order to gain entry into the Nexus and, the mysterious murderer living within the apartments.

Since his arrival into City 18, Frank has made friends with other fellow patriots, such as Jessica Cup, who has recently been whitelisted for the UU and is soon to become a fellow MPF herself. But by friends, he does not mean in a loving relationship way, as he cannot risk breaking a law, and wouldn't want to anyway. Instead, they have become very good friends, and have both seen to avoid trouble at all costs. Fights and such have to to halts thanks to the duo. They see themselves as fellow neighbourhood vigilantes rather than superheroes. Anytime someone has asked them to join an opposing army to the combine, they have immediately turned their heads and refused. So if he were to join, he would only follow orders given to him by a higher authority or a fellow team mate.

The big reason for Frank wanting to be in the Universal Union, is that he has nothing to lose. He would really only benefit from this amazing opportunity rather than lose anything. Frank plans to hopefully reach higher and higher levels of combine authority until he can finally become a part of the Overwatch Transhuman Arm. The Combine have treated him in a manner that he sees as so good, he must return the favour through becoming part of the team. He knows the basics, the advanced and beyond, and is now ready for the (stun) baton to be passed on to him. All he needs now is your consideration towards all his fine efforts that he has shows throughout city 18.

Please detail your characters traits:- Law-abiding, Patriotic, Friendly, Hard-working, Loyal, Trustworthy, Pure

Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character:- I think I can handle the jobs and importance of being in the Civil Protection very well. I have read the whole story of the combine on CombineOverwiki and get the basics and the extras of the combine's way of life. I can see now how I will have to act towards players to create a more realistic roleplay enviroment. OOC wise, if I see mingerunners, I should try to perma kill them to avoid other people losing enjoyment from the RP. I am aware of mobility and audio violation, so they shouldn't be problems for me at all. And finally, I am aware of the levels in seriousness of an incident. Level 1, being not so bad, to Level 4, being a serious incident.

Frank Dales has seen what the combine do in action, and gets the jist of it. Also (in RP this happened.), a fellow officer handed Frank a pamphlet telling him the full details of everything he needs to know to join the CCA. He is aware of rules of punishment and other things in the world of a CP. Frank knows how to work on patrol and in the Nexus. No matter where you put him, he can always work well. So in all, I think I would work very well in the enviroment of a Civil Protection officer, and would fit in like a glove on a hand. I am aware of what to do in some situations (Tell citizen to face wall, tell citizen to apply then, prepare to recieve civil judgement or .//Resist?. If they say yes, roll out of 100, if no then prepare to recieve civil judgment)

Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words:- Frank Dales can not really say his life was perfect. Without a doubt, at times, it has been the complete opposite. Growing up, before the Black Mesa Incident, Frank was repeatedly bullied by his brother, Michael. At one stage, Michael even nearly killed him, attempting to throw him down a well. Luckily, his sister, Jennifer has looked after him, while his parents have seen him and Jennifer as bad children and Michael as an angel. When Frank became 14, he moved away from his family and bought a brand new apartment in New York. 5 years later, the 7 hour war began, and Frank was very vigilant towards the Combine. He asked the Civil Protection if he could meet up with his family, to which they gladly excepted. When he met up with his family, his father told him that his brother ran off and joined the resistance. Frank, however did not care, as he knew this would get him killed, which was only doing to him what he did to his brother. His father, Darren, was shipped out to City 8. His mother, Victoria, and his sister went out to City 45. Frank went to City 18 after 16 years of remaining in his hometown. His brother still lives to this day in the outlands. When Frank arrived into City 18, he met up with a man known as Charles Freeman and two women, Zoey and Jessica Cup. Jessica stood in the street as people tormented her for her name. He told Jessica of how she seemed nice and her name wasn't ridiculous, and soon became the best of friends with her. Charles, his other friend, became very tetchy. Frank had found out that Charles suffered from chronic depression, to which Charles suddenly threatened him. Charles later apoligised to Frank, telling him his relationship with Zoey was derailed. Zoey had run away and Charles raped a woman. Frank's relationship with Charles became awkward, but stayed strong as a friendship. One day, Frank walked into his apartment to find a note from Charles, stating that he needed to leave, and had gone to the outlands. Frank held it all the tears he could, until he found a letter in his letterbox. It was from his father saying that he was surviving, but very ill. Frank sat down and cried for a while, realising that he had nothing to lose. He was ready to put all the patriotism that he showed to the Combine into action. He had decided he was ready to make a living for himself to pass on to his family. And now he is ready to prove himself.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC Details

How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?: I have been playing roleplay servers for the past 3 years now, and has generally enjoyed them a lot.

How long have you played on serious servers?: Well, if you mean really serious, then I've been on these kinds of servers for the past 2 years now.

How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?: I have actually only recently begun to play servers from Catalyst Gaming, but to be specific, 2 months.

What Time zone are you in?: I am in the British Summer Time time zone.

In what country do you live?: Well, as you can obviously tell by my time zone, I live in England in Great Britain.

How old are you?: I am 16 years of age.

What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?: Probably the most memorable is meeting RoflWaffle in person and seeing him run into the apartments nonchalantly, as A HUNTER. It made everyone just laugh, including myself.

Do you consider yourself a good listener?: Well, if you have something to say, I have something to listen to.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
IC Section

Full Name: Frank Dales
CID: 18925
Height: 6ft 4"
Hair Colour: Black
Sexual Orientation: Females
Weight: 162 pounds
Mental Advantages: IQ:146
Notable Qualities: Very strong and intelligent. Confident and extremely persistant.

Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?: I was once convicted of stealing property from the change store, but was later found innocent by Overwatch. You see, I was waiting for the clerk in a store to give me my book order, when I man came in and took the cash register, to apparently pay for eye surgery for his blind girlfriend. When the clerk yelled "Where's the register?" a Civil Protection officer came in and asked who commited the offence. The burglars accomplices pointed the finger at me. Several of my friends tried to explain to the officer how another man did it, but the officer did not listen. Frank was detained for nearly three cycles, but it was only three minutes. Another officer, who was in NOVA told the officers of how he witnessed the whole thing. The criminal got away, but Frank still got released. It was a close situation where Frank was proved innocent in the end.

Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?: Well of course. After all it is the only thing that has such amazing taste in the entire city.

Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?: In any situation, in any way. If it is for the thing I work my life for then of course. I feel as though these people would have done the same for me.

Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?: Well if I performed the action it's clearly my own responsibility. So yes, of course.

Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?: I have now, why stop?

Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?: Well, I would like to have an even better way of life than I do now. I like my life, but I know that the life of the CCA is a lot better. Also, I've seen how dangerous it can be to live on the same street as some of the hooligans in City 18, and I can add to the force keeping these fools from destroying our way of life. My final reason would be that I would like to recieve tokens more often, as rations are hardly open, so getting tokens is very difficult.

I, Frank Dales hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted for interview/loyalist check
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:08:10 AM by RTLK - deadhandisdead »
im bach

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2011, 10:33:15 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Rory Phillips

IC Character Name: Thomas Girotto

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. My first reason why i want to restart joining the Combine Civil Authority is to finally retrieve a fresh start as a recruit. I never knew how the Combine Civil Authority worked at first and was just about brain dead on the canon itself. UNIT 723 (My old Combine Civil Authority Unit) had a serious problem during the last couple of days within having his white-list. I had yet not to remember why i had made the fatal mistake on the UNIT, but i do very well remember what consequences i had received as of my punishment informing me once again and at last about my fatal mistake that day.
Though i am stressed about my answers and the response to this application... So on half of the statement on my mistake, let me tell you why I/my character wants to join. I have looked closely at the canon after making my professor character authorization application... The canon struck me into why Combine Civil Authority are being recruited as human. I can see very clearly about the whole brainwashing and training as a Combine Civil Authority, but now i am just getting off topic. I've always wanted to go back to Half Life 2 Roleplay ever since the Outlands Roleplay has been very quiet for the past weeks. Lets get started.

My character has been afraid of the Combine Civil Authority the first day he had arrived in C17... he was relocated on his first day apparently to C18 due to population and his location. Being afraid of the Combine Civil Authority, he was only 30 years old and he was scared of the Combine Civil Authority. He always was in his apartment and was never outside talking to people and never liked the outside because of the Civil Protection. Rations were mandatory for him though. He walked slowly, straight up, a little bit faster than his usual walk, and ignored everyone around him not talking and looking at them. He would make everything so easy for the Combine Civil Authority. When he applies, he holds his card up and reads the card for the Combine Civil Authority. He knew Combine Civil Authority were never angry at him, they were never happy at him at all either... until he decided to read a paper... "Be loyal, be kind, and be faithful to the Combine Civil Authority. Become a loyalist, become a Civil Workers Union, become a Combine Civil Authority. Help your city!". Loyalists... that's the one he wanted to be.

Day after day, Thomas never walked like a drill sergeant anymore, he never even stayed in his apartment as much anymore. Any disturbance or danger in his area... he would practice requesting in for Civil Protection help. At first he felt like he really did not need to... then again, he was loyal. From here on. He smiles at the Combine Civil Authority even if they weren't looking at him. He used positive voices, he obeyed just about every order. He tried to make the Combine Civil Authority happy. 12 Breen's water later and way too many supplements eaten... His life continues. Within being a loyalist. He feels as if he can take the next step and protect the city. He has had more experience requesting. Now he will respond and obey, he is ready to be a Combine Civil Authority member!

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Trustworhy, sensitive, positive, good listener, lawful.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character? I expect the CCA to know me very well and help me progress through my procedures as if it's training or a request for help. In training, i expect the Combine Civil Authority to point out my mistakes and be polite at certain points to me. I expect the Combine Civil Authority to give me lecture when i need it. In other words, i expect the CCA to tell me what i am doing that is wrong and let me know why and how i should stop it from happening. I expect the Combine Civil Authority to follow a rule they shall always follow. Obey orders by your fellow Combine Civil Authority members, meaning if i need help for a citizen who is a non-compliant, then i will expect some help if requested. I will and can do the same for others as well.

I expect to have a fun time in the Combine Civil Authority, and have it not to be a hassle. I wish not to argue over things and wish not to fight over things. I will be fair to the Combine Civil Authority and polite, i expect them to do that as well. Ranks above me will receive salutes from me at all time as intended. I will follow any order and anything aside from orders as given and received. I expect the Combine Civil Authority to keep track of just about almost every single unit including me. I cannot remain untrained and unnoticed for 2 months as happened in 261 about 4 months ago. I also expect the Combine Civil Authority to give me chances, as if i am doing something for the first time, i might need a chance to catch up on real time breaching, or maybe second chances on a mistake i have done.

My character feels as if he can help in the Combine Civil Authority and be good enough. He thinks he is ready for the challenge to protect the City of City 18 and work his way up to be a great Unit to the Universal Union and to the Combine Civil Authority.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words. It wasn't long ago until my character was born on May 15. 1986 in Georgia Atlanta. As a child, he had a step father who took care of him, and his mother who lived by herself. As a teenager, Thomas always got in to fights and car accidents. Which led him to a 500 dollar fine, and a trip to military school for 5 months. Over the 5 months, he learned way too many things about humans... They can be more negative than ever... It's just government issues that enrage most adults, so why not just obey and follow. He unfortunately knew he was just a little teenager, disobeying the laws... Knowing that he had broken so many rules, he just started to realize that maybe obeying rules is fine to do, because one day he can be an officer of the law. Working his way to college, criminal justice was not as good for him as he thought it was. It was boring and harder than ever. Even though he didn't want to be in the law enforcement, he knew maybe one day that the law enforcement would be stronger and better than ever, and maybe he would join.

He was about 28 years old until the portal storm started arriving. It was all over the papers, the news, and the television. Though Thomas didn't really know about Black Mesa itself, he knew the disaster was worse than ever as the portal storms came to earth. Thomas started running to the subway in order to be safe when the portal storms started to form, and the Xen were being summoned to the earth. By the time they got to the stations, the doors started closing. There they stayed for an hour or two, until something happened. Thomas was shocked at what was happening to the people in front of him. The combine rushed in lining each one on the walls, transporting them to the drop-ship as the Combine took care of the young and old. Thomas was getting scared as he looked at the combine even more, knowing where they must have came from. The portal storms still went on and on. Thomas's bag was destroyed as it was taken away, some people had bags filled with non-contribution items. Even before, the combine never knew anyone they were bringing to City 17 with. Arriving to City 17 retrieving his citizen suit and card, he was afraid of the combine looking around at other innocent citizens. The 7 hour war was then over with Dr. Breen, being the leader of Black Mesa, surrendering the earth to the Xen. His mom and dad had no contact, and he didn't even want contact at all... he wanted to stay away from the combine, from the citizens, and the trouble. Things pretty much stayed that way until Thomas saw very unsuspectingly about being loyal, and what possibly can happen if you proceed to be loyal. Thomas knew what to do instead of sitting in his apartment almost turning insane, he needed to be outside, he needed to help out the Combine Civil Authority instead of fear them. He only knew maybe someday he would only seem too suspicious to the Combine Civil Authority and possibly become an un-loyal citizen. He only lives on to his priority of what he can do to help out the Combine Civil Authority. He has decided to take the next step, Thomas Girroto will take his chance to become apart of the Combine Civil Authority.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 3 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 2 years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 5-6 months (Since late March 2011)

4. What Time zone are you in? USA/Canada Eastern

5. In what country do you live? United Stated of America

6. How old are you? 14 years old

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Last time i remember having my most memorable quality Roleplay experience was maybe when i role played dreaming in Outlands Roleplay... i thought i was being dragged by the Combine in a dark area when i was trying to walk towards the light. A bunch of citizens tried to make me stop my insanity dreaming. I turned insane a little bit during the dream and woke up in the base not knowing what happened.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, especially for the CCA.

IC Section

Full Name: Thomas Girotto
CID: 94415
Height: 6 feet, 7 inches
Hair Colour Brown
Weight: 168
Mental Advantages: Good listening and vision.
Notable Qualities: Positive with people, nice. Obey's orders.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? Nope.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes, i am told and must eat Combine Civil Authority issued rations.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? My life will depend on the Universal Union whether facing life or death.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? I do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes, I will.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? To serve in the Universal Union and the Combine Civil Authority. To provide protection to City 18 and the Universal Union.

I, Thomas Girotto hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied - Question 1 does not meet requirements as 2 of the 4 paragraphs are omitted due to not being involved in the question.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:10:23 AM by RTLK - deadhandisdead »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2011, 04:13:30 AM »
All applications have been reviewed to this point.

« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2011, 10:56:42 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:D.S.V.L

IC Character Name: Joe Plower

Joe Plower Would like to join the CCA because he would like to help the other CCA members enforce the rules and laws of the server. He would also want to be able to help prevent minges from mingeing possibly leading to a ban. He would also like to stop people from trying to get across the catwalk.He would put the people in jail for the right reason and ask before breaching. He also would push people away if they get to close to the crime scene or clustered around the nexus and D2 boarder. He would also be nice to the citizens if they ask questions.

Joe Plower would also like to be a CCA member because he follows what the civil protection says. He would like to enforce the laws of the server being broken.He would also listen to the commander/cheif/citizen if there was a person/group going into the  or going past the nesus boarder if there was no unit there. He would radio in for help if stuff gets a little bit off hand. He would also ask people questions if they are doing something unusual/unrplike and why they did it.

Joe Plower would want to be a CCA member because he would not disobey the commander/cheif rules. He  would tell People directions If  they are new to the server and need to get places (even though Its not a big map) he would not give directions to get to the D2. He would   
ask people question like (Whats the guys name that Ran?, Where did he go to? .Ect.) If they passed the D2 and he was headed that way. He would bring back up incase the *Minge* try to kill him. He would listen to the person who would say if there was a person/group in the D2/Nexus if pass unsuspected. he would kill anybody who he sees go on the catwalk. He would also be polite if a person ask him where to get a flashlight. he decided to read a piece of paper that was ripped It said....  "Be loyal, be kind, and be faithful to the Combine Civil Authority. Become a loyalist, become a Civil Workers Union, become a Combine Civil Authority. Help your city!". Loyalists... that's the one Joe wanted to be.

Lawful, Trustworthy, Brave, Loyal, Innocent, Bondable, Friendly, Responsible , HardWorking

Joe's expecting units that he can respond to, Able to guard both D2/Nexus, sometimes to be able to get other units to do his shift guarding the Nexus or D2 to walk around a little, communicate to other units, able to get access From the commander/cheif to breach into rooms if theirs a suspect. Joe's able to warn a group of people then tell them to isolate( as someone did to me). Joe's able to sell rations when needed. Joe's able to guard the terminal saying "you've already bought one leave""If you've already bought one Leave". He am aware of the levels in seriousness of an incident. Level 1, being not so bad, to Level 4, being a serious incident. So if Joe were to join, Joe would only follow orders given to him by a higher authority or a fellow team mate.Joe expect the CCA to know me very well and help Joe progress through his procedures as if it's training or a request for help. In training, Joe expect the Combine Civil Authority to point out my mistakes and be polite at certain points to Him.

I want to be able to sell rations(Only If Other cps do it) with two units guarding and one near the door(like i saw once i got a ration). I want to be able to arrest people for the right reason (Not arresting them cause someone wants me to). (Tell citizen to face wall, tell citizen to apply then, prepare to recieve civil judgement or Resist?. If they say yes, roll out of 100, if no then prepare to receive civil judgment) I want to be able to speak with the fellow units some times to be able to switch guard shifts of the Nexus. I've seen what the combine do in action.  a Nice officer handed Joe a pamphlet telling him the full details of everything he needs to know to join the CCA. He is aware of rules of punishment and other things in the world of a CP.So in all, I think I would work very well in the enviroment of a Civil Protection officer, and would fit in like a glove on a hand.

When Joe Plower was a young boy, the combine took him, and his family to city 16 to be citizens. Once he arrived they took him and his parents and separated them. They took them to board the train to Nova Prospect. They took him into a cell to ask him a few questions. Joe looked through the doorway to see a man who looked a bit familiar. The combine saw the man and shut the door. They continued to ask questions. After he was done he walked out and tried to board the train to Nova Prospect. The metro cops shoved him back I said "My parents are in there!" The metro cops said "Move it!" He said "No!" He grabbed my wrist and took me to a jail cell. Joe spent 7 years in prison. After the 7 years  he was released on his 18th birthday. He saw his mom. He thought she coming to see him but she was forced to get out of city 16. He went to the metros cops and asked "Where are you taking her" the metro cop said "City 4". He ran off and went to the train before the combine caught him. The doors closed as he found his mother. He asked the first thing that came to mind; "Wheres dad?" She said "The metro cops shot him". He cried for days. His mom and Joe went to a hotel and stayed there for 1 week. They both got jobs and they bought a house. The combine showed up again and asked his mother; "Is your son home" She said "yes". The combine barged though the door. It was loud and it all happened so fast. Thats when it happened. They took him and recruited him to be a metro cop. Once he was there he saw the familiar guy from the doorway 7 years ago. He asks him "what are you doing here?" He said "you dont need to know." So they took Joe to Dr.James Wallis; The Mayor of City 4. Once he was there, he went on the train to city 18. Luckily the combine didnt get him once the train took off, he took off his metro cop uniform and put on his old citizen uniform. From there he walked out then Started a whole new life.

OOC Details

3 years
2 years
1 year
(UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
canada
6. How old are You?
Saying, OH MY GOD I GOT TO GOES PISS REALLLZZ BADDDD
Every one laughed
8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I've always been A good listener Sence i was a kid

IC Section

Full Name: Joe Plower
CID:#09406
Height:7'1"
Sexual Orientation: Women
Weight: 248 Lbs
Mental Advantages: None
Notable Qualities: Mature

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? - I would like to join CCA because I would like to ensure other users follow all required rules and regulations of the server. I would also like to ensure the D2 and Nexus boarders are not crossed. I would also like to help enforce and against minges prop killing,prop surfing, and prop trapping. CCA would be benefited by having me apart of them because i have used rp servers for quite awhile so i know my way around.

I,Joe Plower hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied - CCA Application rights revoked.  Post again and you will face a forum ban.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:32:00 AM by RTLK - deadhandisdead »

Offline {General} Wargoney

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2011, 12:37:08 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:Korvak

IC Character Name:Korvak Smith

Korvak Likes what the Universal union did to earth. His mother died at birth. Korvak killed his father at the age of 18. He always liked the feel for power.
When korvak became 23 When the combine invaded. The combine won in 7 hours. Korvak had admired them ever since that. Korvak was herded into city 18. He liked how the Universal Union in this area kept everything at peace. Then he wondered how he could join up so he asked a officer. The officer told him he needed to be a loyalist, so korvak started gaining points by doing tasks for the Universal Union.

Loyal
Trustworthy
No emotion

In The combine I will be excepting many things. I Know I will not get all these things at first though. I will have to earn a lot of the things I am expecting. So these are the thing I am expecting.
I am Expecting Good food, Respect, and Clean clothes. I am also expecting The Universal Union to make peace and prosperity. I am expecting to protect the civilized people and destroy the uncivilized. These are the thing I am excepting.

I was born in the year 1993. My mom died on birth and my dad was a drunk. Every day he would come home to beat me and call me pathetic. At the age o 16 He made me Fake my age and start working in the mines with him and his friends every day they would all beat me repeatedly.
At the age of 18 My dad tried to Beat me one last time but I wouldn’t let him. I killed my father that day and I just smiled. I had always hated every one. It was 2011 when this happened I had been on the run from the police ever since then.
On the year of 2016 the combine invaded. I was the only in my family that survived. The combine started herding people into cities. I ended up getting C18 I had a good life there. I always followed the laws and I did tasks for the Universal union from cleaning up the streets to reporting rebels. As my loyalty points accumulated I became a true loyalist. I got my armband from an Ofc, before he gave it to me he radioed in to a higher rank asking if he should give me I, when he did he told me good luck. Then I knew what I was going to do next join the Union.

OOC Details

I have probably played on role-playing servers for a year or two. 

I have played on serious role-playing servers for around 5-6 months.

I have Probably Played on Catalyst Gaming for a week.

EST (US, Canada

United States

6. How old are you? 13

Playing Star wars Galaxy.

Yes I consider myself a Good listener.

IC Section

Full Name:Korvak Smith
CID:43758
Height:6’8
Weight:120
Mental Distinctions: None that are known
Mental Defects: None that are known
Mental Advantages: Follows Orders.
Notable Qualities: Strong and fast, corrects his mistakes, good a listening.

No I have not.

Yes I do regularly eat Authority Issued rations because I am told too.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes I am willing to die for the Universal Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? I do.

Yes I shall Remain loyal and Faithfull to the Universal Union as long as I live.

So I can protect the civilized and get rid of the uncivilized People. Making peace and prosperity for the universal Union

I, Korvak Smith hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Denied - Application does not meet requirements in sections 1,3, and 4.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:08:26 PM by Toy4x4funrun »

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2011, 01:07:03 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Krisrules

IC Character Name: Mark Frost

My character, always had a straight mind when it came to justice, and still does to this day. Before the Seven Hour War, he would often take a look at the old justice system and how it worked. He thought that trials in court took too long to prosecute suspects, and that even in dire consequences such as riots, the police would often be too incompetent to respond with right course of action.

Then the Seven Hour War took place, and the combine established the CCA. It didn’t take long for Mark to notice the difference between the old and new policing system. Civil Protection units we’re quick to respond to the problem; with more than efficient means, the criminal’s charges and prosecution were also immediately carried out. It was easy for Mark to notice that the Combine Civil Authority would be; if not the sole, then one of the major factors that would lead humanity back on track.

Now, Mark had seen a new authority take control of humanity, and the justice they brought on to them. He knew that their cause was just, and recognised their motives for the greater good. He too wanted to be a part of this elite organisation. Changing from his old, pre-combine habits of watching the ugly side of humanity spread throughout the media. He now actively worked to keep an eye out for it, and would report it to his local Protection team, slowly making his way towards loyalist status, and then the CCA.

Loyal, Robust, Forward thinking, Disciplined, Selflessly committed, Bold.

In the CCA I expect to be one of the many cogs in a grand clock, not only representing the Union, but the community as well. Working with the rest of the union, I will be participating in a lot of roleplaying, widespread across the server. Ranging from the CCA duties such as: Ration distribution, Patrols, Sweeps and Detainee transport, as well as the minor and major events that may occur in between. Throughout all this commotion, character development will have more than enough time to blossom and with the experiences to come there are a vast amount of paths my character could take.

As well as all the roleplay that comes with the Union, some may also consider such a position as one of responsibility. You could end up being the life saver who just taught a new player the basics, ensuring him a pleasant time on the server. Without the rank or powers of the admin/staff, the player you just advised may now see you in a senior role for the kind welcoming and advice you gave him.

Mark ‘Leo’ Frost was born in to a working class family as the only child, in London, England on the 23rd March 1987. He was a bastard, as his father wasn’t there to stick around after getting his mother pregnant and taking off without a word. Still this didn’t hinder his upbringing; he had a caring mother who saw him through Primary and Secondary school, with above average grades and plenty of friends.

After he finished secondary school in 2004 he applied for his nearest fire brigade unit, meeting all the requirements necessary. It only took a few months before he had finished application, and his primary training, before he was sent to his unit as a fully trained fireman. He had a good career going for him; he was a star model, able to fulfil his duty, decisions and actions were swift and bold. But then late 2004 came.

Unknown to Mark, the Black Mesa facility had finally come to a nuclear and abrupt end. But then the side effects of the resonance cascade occurred, and the portal storms began appearing around earth. Mark and his unit were called out to the suburbs alongside police forces, to quell a fire started by an arsonist during the events of the portal storms. When mark arrived at the scene, he saw the arsonist holding what must have been one of the inhabitants of the blazing house at gun-point. Disgust. Mark was disgusted by any man who thought actions like these would bring about anything beneficial. The police shepherded the fire fighters away from the crime scene until they were able to safely access the house, which was now, starting to fall apart. Mark heard a gunshot, and immediately the fire fighters were called up to extinguish the fire. Mark was the first up to answer the call, making his way in full sprint with the nozzle end of a hose to douse the flames, taking a quick glance at the now deceased arsonist, who had turned out to be a young lad, lying there, face down on the floor.

Time wasn’t easy to keep with such a hands on job like Marks, and his extraordinary concentration on the job was second to none, which was why he wasn’t so surprised when he had come to realise that there wasn’t anyone to be seen when he came back to swap over the hose. Anyone but the deceased young lad. He made his way over to one of the few fire trucks stationed on the curb, before hearing an odd noise behind him, coming from the corpse. It was at this moment, Mark made the first of his many to come, other-worldly visitors. An odd creature, with pale like skin, and four little legs, had perched on to the head of the corpse. Mark stared in astonishment, until the corpse, became living again. He was petrified. He was frozen, back up against the side of the fire truck, urine had run down his legs and became soaked up on the front of his trousers. Now it had become clear why the few armed officers who made their way towards Mark and the creature, were not in plain vision earlier. “This” whatever it was to Mark, was occurring throughout the world now. The two officers charged towards the walking corpse with riot shields and batons, knocking it to the ground, whilst a third officer grabbed a hold of Mark, and got him back to safe ground.

2004, the portal storms, now a worldwide phenomena involving alien creatures using these portals as a method of travel to earth. No scientist could describe the events that occurred in 2004, no one could. It was beyond human understanding, as the species would soon learn, of a higher authority. After the events of 2004, Mark quit his job and went back home to look after his Mother, who had now became fairly old. Life compared to Marks earlier stage, wasn’t as fast-paced and dangerous, but relaxed and peaceful. Until 2009.

War. The seven hour war took place. Another alien race known as the combine had used the portal storms, to launch their assault on earth, which was a quick and decisive one. Mark and his mother were both astonished, bound to the TV for whatever news they could get. But there time together would have to come to an end, unknown to them both at the time, the combine didn’t think much of the elderly. As the combine established control of earth, and set up the major cities, Mark and his mother we’re separated by the combine, indefinitely. His mothers last words were an explanation of his middle name. Leo, the Lion, the symbol of courage. She told mark to seek courage and stay strong throughout the daunting task of finding his place in this new world, and he would go to hell and back to do it.

It’s now the year of 2016. Mark is now in city 18, and has been living under the Universal Unions new world order, for 7 years. The Combine Civil Authority has been formed, and there are no more youth’s running around setting fires. Or aliens wreaking havoc upon earth. Mark understood what to do with his new found courage. He would become a traitor to those not able to understand the glory of the Union, and take on the task that is set upon those who wish to change the course of humanity. To deliver first hand judgement on to those who would try to disturb the first ever, truly formed, world peace. By joining the CCA.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 3-4 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 2-3 Years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 5 Days

4. What Time zone are you in? GMT

5. In what country do you live? England

6. How old are you? 18

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? A volatile engagement with a vortigaunt on an old CP character. Although I got my butt handed to me, the gentlemen I was roleplaying with was great at what he did, and it was a fair fought battle.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes, I also like to get involved in the conversation and share my view on things.

IC Section

Full Name: Mark Leo Frost
CID: 74993
Height: 5”8
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel
Weight: 70kg
Mental Distinctions: Self-motivation & Integrity
Mental Advantages: Quick learner, Able to work in a team or solo
Notable Qualities: Good level of fitness, Always puts in 110% effort

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Whole heartedly.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? I would like to join the Combine Civil Authority to promote its cause for the greater good of humanity. I also believe I possess some of the qualities that could greatly benefit the Combine Civil Authority and the many Units and Officers set before it.

I, Mark Frost hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted - Ask a Superadmin+ ingame for your whitelist.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:15:47 PM by Toy4x4funrun »

Offline [AN-SA] Pigeons

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2011, 04:50:12 PM »
Would it be possible to edit the application and try again? :|

Reapply in 3 weeks when the time limit is up. -chunkeymonkey79
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:48:12 PM by chunkeymonkey79 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal