Author Topic: My HP Notebook wont boot [COMPUTERS]  (Read 3496 times)

Offline -=ARC=- Mattmax059

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My HP Notebook wont boot [COMPUTERS]
« on: November 21, 2012, 06:08:33 PM »
So, today my local school was giving away their computer and laptops so i grabbed 7 notebooks... None of them boot. all of them are like the one in this video, it doesnt beep or anything it just lights up and stuff and doesnt even start the fan... When i goto shut it down via button the screen flashes a color, still not making a sound. It doesnt have a CD drive so I cant use a boot CD...
EDIT: It has RAM,HDD,etc.
[PS that little kid is my younger brother banging on my door and yelling at my parents.]
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrx9ZgAntSk" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrx9ZgAntSk</a>
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:55:00 AM by -=ARC=- Mattmax059 »
(-.(-.(-.-).-).-)
\\\\r\\\\n

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My HP Notebook wont boot [COMPUTERS]
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 06:10:03 PM »
Do they have harddrives in them at all?

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 06:10:33 PM »
Do they have harddrives in them at all?

I actually dont know... Checking now... I'll have an answer tomorrow gotta buy some baby hex wrenches... Yes I opened it up and its not that old its from 08 and it does have RAM HDD and all of the rest...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:54:23 AM by -=ARC=- Mattmax059 »
(-.(-.(-.-).-).-)
\\\\r\\\\n

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 06:13:35 PM »
do you have a model name or something? it'd be easier to find instructions for it if you did (HP Pavilion, etc etc), I'm not 100% sure but this is probably something to do with the hard drive, ram or motherboard (which i guess is kinda general), most likely hard drive or (very) faulty ram

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 06:23:36 PM »
do you have a model name or something? it'd be easier to find instructions for it if you did (HP Pavilion, etc etc), I'm not 100% sure but this is probably something to do with the hard drive, ram or motherboard (which i guess is kinda general), most likely hard drive or (very) faulty ram

I dont know... I can  give you a serial number or something its covered in em but i think its a HP2140 2133
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 06:26:26 PM by -=ARC=- Mattmax059 »
(-.(-.(-.-).-).-)
\\\\r\\\\n

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 06:26:55 PM »
Looks about right but doing upgrades on that thing is rather complicated and i dont want to be responsible for giving you a video on how to do it, it basicly involves taking most of it apart, you're best off either taking it to a store and seeing what they thing and if they can fix it, or maybe posting on the HP forums

if you're interested the video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T1NZ1O41Fk

edit:
gah, that video is for the 2140, but i imagine it's similar but i'd still do the two options first rather than that, but depends on how confident you are about breaking it permanantly/doing more damage etc

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 06:32:21 PM »
Looks about right but doing upgrades on that thing is rather complicated and i dont want to be responsible for giving you a video on how to do it, it basicly involves taking most of it apart, you're best off either taking it to a store and seeing what they thing and if they can fix it, or maybe posting on the HP forums

if you're interested the video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T1NZ1O41Fk

edit:
gah, that video is for the 2140, but i imagine it's similar but i'd still do the two options first rather than that, but depends on how confident you are about breaking it permanantly/doing more damage etc

Thanks SMT I was gonna try at a swing on here, I do know someone thats RELAAY good with PCs he worked with microsoft and he clears my viruses and helps me out I will call him... I was just trying to get a diagnosis before i handed them off to him to see if he could fix em so he didnt have to take an extra day trying to find the problem, But still... I owe you many thanks SMT.
(-.(-.(-.-).-).-)
\\\\r\\\\n

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal