Author Topic: Harold Slokum's Authorization Application  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Jimmy Rustling Day

• View Profile
    • Awards
Harold Slokum's Authorization Application
« on: July 22, 2012, 07:23:52 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: ^Pb | Jimmy Rustling Day
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 2 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A rusty, sharpened hatchet.

Name: Harold Slokum
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
---
Harold look among the shelves of the old house, Wyatt downstairs, also searching for anything of use.

"Wyatt, I think I found something."

Wyatt climbed the ricketing stairs of the house, Harold wielding a dulled, rusty and worn hatchet in his hand.

"Uh... good." He said tentatively. "Try not to cut your hand off..."

Harold and Wyatt moved outside to the nearby house, the planks and boards on it suffering from rot.

Harold swung the hatchet against the board, cracking through it.

He swung, and swung, and swung. Board by board...
---
Wyatt gathered some (non-rusty) nails from the closet in the Inn, bring them and the chopped boards to the basement.

Harold, mean-while, scavenged the car for any more supplies.

"Augghahh!"

Wyatt screamed from the basement, grasping his hand, which he had hit with a hammer while trying to build the birdhouse.

He attempted to keep calm as he walked up from the basement.

"I-I think I broke my hand..."

Harold examined the wound, raising an eyebrow, then sighing.

"Yeah... I think it's broken. We need to make a splint for it..."

"I have the root."

"Ah! Awesome."

"We need to clean it, first."
---
Harold ventured to and fro from the lake, filling the old jar of Union supplements with fresh, clean water, taking a drink himself and washing the root.

He sighed, walking down the cliff face.
---
Wyatt looked around, a wolf flashing out of the corner of his eye.

"Who's there?"

The wolf growled, slowly stalking Wyatt. A lone hunter.

"Hello?!"

It pounced, clawing into Wyatt, tearing and biting his flesh.

"No! Help me! Someone! HELP!"

Wyatt tried his hardest to push the wolf off, but he couldn't.
---
Harold finally ventured back to the Inn, only to find his friend in a bloody slump on the ground.

He dropped the jar and ran as fast as his legs could possibly carry himself.

Kneeling, he choked back tears.

"The... the animals... they came... they did this..."

Harold took hold of Wyatt's collar, bringing him to the safety of the basement. He tore pieces off of his jumpsuit, making makeshift bandages.

"Damn it all! I need medical supplies!"

By now, Wyatt was dying, slowly, painfully, of blood loss. He began to have seizures, and knowing there was nothing he could do, he sharpened his hatchet, knowing he may need to kill his friend to save any more suffering.

"Kill me..."

Harold gripped the hatchet tightly in hand, scared and afraid. He couldn't. He couldn't murder a man, even to save them.

All too soon, Wyatt died, slumped in blood and in fetal position.
---

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
*A weapon usable in self-defense/attack RP/hunting RP
*An ability to possibly infect those injured with tetanus/other bacteria

Defects
*On a mis-swing, a possibility of infecting one's self with tetanus/other bacteria.
*Venturing back to the city would leave him with a level one item.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
With the perks, I plan to either go insane and use it as a weapon of murder, or stay sane and use it as a hunting/self defence tool.
The defects could allow good injury and/or generating fear of being captured by Civil Protection

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
Hatchet received July 21 2012 at about 4:00 PM -6:00 GMT
HL2RP Characters:
CITY
Alex 'Jack' Pond: STATUS: Deceased.
C45.CCA.NOVA-03.212 (Mark Facri) : Training in his new division. STATUS: Active.
OUTLANDS
Harold Slokum: Coping with the death of a friend. STATUS: Alive.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Harold Slokum's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 02:57:05 PM »
Interesting backstory, eh, besides that, I'm also not sure about your RP, so if any other admin can comment, or vouch for this player, please do.

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 08:59:53 PM »
Personally, i'm not a fan of the fact that this may be used as a weapon with your character going insane and attempting to murder everybody with it. Mainly due to the fact that unless the person performing such an act is talented or know's their stuff, they'll be complaints over the weapon being used as a means to powergame. As Kom'Rk said, if any administrators have seen this person on the server, now would be the time to comment.

Right now i'm leaning towards a -support due to the fact that i've yet heard or seen your roleplaying abilities, combined with the hand-to-hand combat advantage a hatchet can give a person.

Offline Jimmy Rustling Day

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 09:44:47 AM »
Personally, i'm not a fan of the fact that this may be used as a weapon with your character going insane and attempting to murder everybody with it. Mainly due to the fact that unless the person performing such an act is talented or know's their stuff, they'll be complaints over the weapon being used as a means to powergame. As Kom'Rk said, if any administrators have seen this person on the server, now would be the time to comment.

Right now i'm leaning towards a -support due to the fact that i've yet heard or seen your roleplaying abilities, combined with the hand-to-hand combat advantage a hatchet can give a person.
I'm willing to change anything in the app. if needed.
HL2RP Characters:
CITY
Alex 'Jack' Pond: STATUS: Deceased.
C45.CCA.NOVA-03.212 (Mark Facri) : Training in his new division. STATUS: Active.
OUTLANDS
Harold Slokum: Coping with the death of a friend. STATUS: Alive.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 09:44:19 PM »
Alright well, if any other admin could comment on this players RP, or this application, please do so.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 06:59:26 AM »
I'll have to stick with Kom on this. The backstory is interesting, and it could be accepted, but i havnt seen you RP either. If we can meet on City (i can see you have a CCA unit) that might help.

Also the part of becoming insane i could see spark complains..

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 12:53:42 AM »
I've seen you roleplay a couple of times in my visits to the Outlands server and you're capable of having this.

Accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal