Author Topic: OCRP in Catalyst Gaming  (Read 11586 times)

Offline Reality

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP in Catalyst Gaming
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 12:21:54 PM »
May i remind you that hrp started CG? Its the gamemode that got us most of our players?

The only way I know about CG is because of OCRP, like others.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 12:26:42 PM »
And now it's dead. And hardly anyone really cares.

Offline Darthkatzs

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 12:34:54 PM »
HRP is a crap DarkRP edit. It's a waste of resources currently on our box, and should be shut down due to no population and/or reason to play.

In all honesty, OCRP isnt that better coded.

Yes, cause OCRP isn't at all coded from scratch and is also a darkrp edit.

Offline Desperado

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 12:40:46 PM »
The reason fortwars is empty is because its new and to be honest its a shite gamemode.

I would like GMR to be much more populated as its a very fun gamemode. With CGRP that OCRP will be the main gamemodes I reckon.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 01:26:22 PM »
With cgrp, im predicting the fall of hl2rp too.

Offline Desperado

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 01:38:09 PM »
I would hope not HL2RP is Fun for when you just wanna get away from nothings have have some actually role play. many times a few of us have just sat in an apartment telling stories about getting into fights with the combine etc

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 03:20:53 PM »
HRP is a crap DarkRP edit. It's a waste of resources currently on our box, and should be shut down due to no population and/or reason to play.
Wrong. Considering you've played for 5-10 minutes total you've got absolutely no idea.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2011, 05:00:17 PM »
Wrong. Considering you've played for 5-10 minutes total you've got absolutely no idea.

Wrong. I've played there for hours on end before when it was first up. Also, you can't lie and say it's not a DarkRP edit, because it is.

Offline Reality

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2011, 05:02:50 PM »

Wrong. I've played there for hours on end before when it was first up. Also, you can't lie and say it's not a DarkRP edit, because it is.

Im pretty sure its a DarkRP edit, but its pretty fun.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2011, 05:04:18 PM »

I never said it wasn't a DarkRP edit. It being a complete piece of shit however, is untrue.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 05:23:23 PM »
And yet, OCRP blew it out of the water...

Offline Reality

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2011, 05:26:44 PM »
And yet, OCRP blew it out of the water...

Because you have the entire community of OC coming over, while the HRP community was built up

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2011, 05:30:52 PM »
I kinda agree with bullet.
I really enjoyed my time in HRP, HL2RP and GMR when all those servers where nearly full the whole day. Now, both HRP and GMR are empty 25/7, and HL2RP only gets filled around American timezones. Only OCRP is filled 24/7, which is just shit.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2011, 06:26:45 PM »
I feel reviving HRP will be impossible in its current state. Rofl may have given me an impossible job. There is no way it can compete with OCRP. Before OCRP came, everything was great- HRP and HL2RP had a large amount of players.

I have been trying to get people interested in it. I thought I had suceeded when I helped get 7 people on HRP, but then I realized that it was only because both OCRP and HL2RP were down. When they came back up, the server was empty once again.

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 09:04:06 AM »
We're not going to let OCRP lay to rest. OC was stupid enough to do it and let the gamemode die, but people eventually craved for more after. We've done too much to let it all go.

Are you also sure about that?

Darth did not want to carry on with the community for a good reason. (just mentioning this line is blatently obvious)

Jake can't constantly work on the gamemode, as he was actually studying for his exams and needed to focus on school, Jake solely worked on the gamemode when Noobulator left it to focus on his IRL situation as well, also relating to his education, eventually other gamemodes like GMR and TTT were dying because it gets broken mainly due to the updates on GMod.

I find it very sad that the majority of people (not naming names) in this thread does not realise (or respect) the actual situation the owners were in.
Clearly racist.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal