Author Topic: OCRP in Catalyst Gaming  (Read 11590 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
OCRP in Catalyst Gaming
« on: May 14, 2011, 08:11:55 AM »
"Isn't it strange that I who have written only unpopular books should be such a popular fellow?"

-Albert Einstein

OCRP has come a long way in Orange Cosmos, now it is given to catalyst gaming. Ever since, GMR, HRP, hell even FORTwars was just thrown away i seconds. I wouldn't remove the gamemode if i was Rofl, but if i have an unused server, i would obviously just cancel the servers out if nobody likes playing on them anymore.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP in Catalyst Gaming
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 04:14:22 AM »
I believe that the GMR, HRP, and OCRP servers should stay, still not sure about Death race, depends how many people play on it.

I agree, the unused servers may just be sucking up money and energy.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 04:37:46 AM »
The only servers that get filled regularly is HL2RP and OCRP. OCRP may be bringing CG more money and players etc, but at the expense of killing off about 3 gamemodes, 1 of which is our own.
what

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 05:15:57 AM »
The only servers that get filled regularly is HL2RP and OCRP. OCRP may be bringing CG more money and players etc, but at the expense of killing off about 3 gamemodes, 1 of which is our own.
It does not matter as it has helped the community a lot.

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 09:03:14 AM »
OCRP has come a long way in Orange Cosmos, now it is given to catalyst gaming.

Are you sure about that?
Clearly racist.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 10:27:28 AM »
OCRP has come a long way in Orange Cosmos, now it is given to catalyst gaming.

Are you sure about that?

Yeah, his statement was very off. It was no where near "given".

Anyway, in my opinion, we should get rid of all of the servers besides OCRP, HL2RP, and GMR. Since we have CGRP coming soon, HRP is worthless.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 10:40:42 AM »
Yeah ocrp is fun at all, but yeah, come to face the facts, its killing off the other gamemodes. And of course all OC people are going to be like 'hurr who cares it get moneys'.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 10:45:34 AM »
We're not going to let OCRP lay to rest. OC was stupid enough to do it and let the gamemode die, but people eventually craved for more after. We've done too much to let it all go.

Offline Darthkatzs

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
We're not going to let OCRP lay to rest. OC was stupid enough to do it and let the gamemode die, but people eventually craved for more after. We've done too much to let it all go.

I'm sorry, what?
explain your statement.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 11:27:42 AM »
Done to much to let it go? You mean put up a server with an already-set-up script that costed $500? With hl2rp, we had to organise all the cca faction, including formats, divisions, units, maps, characters, etc. Harbor... Wasnt pretty much all the scripting done by our team? That kind of stuff involves creativity and work. Ocrp was already set up...

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »
Done to much to let it go? You mean put up a server with an already-set-up script that costed $500? With hl2rp, we had to organise all the cca faction, including formats, divisions, units, maps, characters, etc. Harbor... Wasnt pretty much all the scripting done by our team? That kind of stuff involves creativity and work. Ocrp was already set up...

Getting $500 is a lot more hard work for a 15 year old than it is to set up divisions for a gamemode.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 11:41:31 AM »
The only time I can get players on HRP is when OCRP is down. It seems nobody is interested in a revival event besides one or two players. I'm supposed to try to revive HRP, but not many people seem to care. OCRP is completely destroying HRP. It has slightly impacted HL2RP, and Fortwars is just empty most of the time. Nobody plays on GMR.

I agree with Tittles. Even though it has brought in more "resources," we all know it is killing off the gamemode(s) that CG was FOUNDED ON.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 12:05:42 PM »
HRP is a crap DarkRP edit. It's a waste of resources currently on our box, and should be shut down due to no population and/or reason to play.

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 12:11:24 PM »
HRP is a crap DarkRP edit. It's a waste of resources currently on our box, and should be shut down due to no population and/or reason to play.

In all honesty, OCRP isnt that better coded.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 12:20:10 PM »
May i remind you that hrp started CG? Its the gamemode that got us most of our players?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal